• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His voice can effect higher dimensions, so shouldn't that technically be higher dimensional manipulation?

Also, tho it is a technicality, he encompasses the entire zero dimensional realm, so wouldn't that be Omnipresence on a Zero-dimensional scale?

Also, he is technically immortal due to his Zero Dimensional Physiology, correct?

Pointland-1
Pointland-1

As for the powers, I don't think that higher dimensional is relative to the object but instead superiority to 3D. Wouldn't a 3D voice, which causes bibrstions, obliterate all of flatland though? As for omnipresence, I guess, technically. A 0D space is infinitely small, but still there, so anything 0D would get it.

Pasted from the other thread

1. I'd say yes for that being higher dimensional manipulation.

2. I'd say no, omnipresence on a zero-dimensional scale is literally just existing on any scale. Everything that can be described as having a form in space-time is omnipresent over the zero-dimensional points that they reside in.

3. Probably, but I think this is (or should be) covered on the zero-dimensionality power page itself.

I mean how would it destroy it? He is the entirety of flat land and he can both hear and send out sound just fine. I always thought it was relative to the user

A 3D vibration logically shouldn't mesh too well with a 2D plane.

Wokistan said:
A 3D vibration logically shouldn't mesh too well with a 2D plane.
I figured this, but a 2D being could hear it, and he himself as a 0D being could presumably hear himself.

Logically that may be true, but higher and lower dimensional being converse within Flatland so I guess we can take it as either PIS or that the sound can vibrate whatever the lower dimensional equivolent for air is without causing chaos

I would chalk the talking stuff up to the fact that talking is a free action in fiction.

You know, like the fact that people can have supersonic fights and still converse with each other.

In which sense is he immortal? He could die of old age for all we know and any other kind is pretty much out given that one can hardly just wound him.

DontTalkDT said:
I would chalk the talking stuff up to the fact that talking is a free action in fiction.
You know, like the fact that people can have supersonic fights and still converse with each other.

In which sense is he immortal? He could die of old age for all we know and any other kind is pretty much out given that one can hardly just wound him.
in most cases I would agree with you, but not in this one. Its actually kind of a plot point that he can speak and be spoken to, but percieves any speech that reaches him as just his own thoughts. Also, The Free Action trope usually refers to it not counting towards a given time frame, such as DIO talking in his Time Stop not seemingly putting towards his time limit, but I understand what you mean.

In essence, he cannot percieve their voice, but they can percieve his. In a lot of ways, thats close to what I would expect of a lower and higher dimensional being

Probably type 1. He doesn't have DNA, or matter the way we think of it, so there would be no kind of biological clock for him. There is no erosion, no atoms, no matter, no elements, no entropy, no rot, nothing like that. Aging doesn't happen without these things

1. Logically speaking it shouldn't mesh well with the 0D land, but this is fiction, so we're going to have to suspend our disbelief a little bit.

2. No, all 0D beings are omnipresent on a 0D scale since the 0D is literally nothing.

3. Yes, although this is covered in the Zeroth Dimensional page.

I agree with Saikou, and I actually am pretty sure the book states that the things visiting the lower-dimensional realms aren't actually the full forms of the Higher-Dimensional Beings, but small parts of them which intersect with said realms.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'd honestly just call it an oversight by the authors. Strictly speaking, 2-D beings shouldn't be able to be seen or heard at all, but nearly every fiction writer ignores this.
I agree for the light thing, but the voice thing it is at the very least a somewhat valid. He shouldn't be able to, but iirc they cannot enter point land so his voice must be projected out

It's still the same business though. It's no different from him projecting his light outside. It shouldn't be able to, but it still happens.

I mean the light we can atleast justify as being done purely for audiance's sake, but the voice thing is more of a requirement for the story to work

Light is still a requirement for the story to work, otherwise they wouldn't even be able to see or detect him. And they clearly do. The same goes for all non-3D characters in the verse, who can still emit 3-D light.

They may be aware by other means, or at least that may be some kind of PIS. The voice thing would be a requirement unless they have some form of telepathy

Bruh you can't pull the PIS card on light and then say that the voice is legit. Either way, it's the writers not bothering to portray lower dimensions fully accurately for the sake of the story. They can literally just look at lower dimensional being, no "other means" of detection are involved here.

My point is that the light may just be for the audiance's benafit but not something the characters percieve, similar to Ghiaccio's air freezing being invisible but the audiance is still allowed to see it. Well yeah, but the voice thing has to be their own thing when they could just have the light reflecting off of them as PIS instead

Back