• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK11 Discussion Thread Part 4: Geras is Unkillable

We should probably make a CRT for the animated movie profiles, I'd like to see the overall scaling chain so I can understand all of the character's ratings.

Leave that to me, I'll make blog for some characters and then I'll also have an idea for scalling and overall feats, then I'll come with everything in a CRT so we can discuss

Scorpion should stay at 9-B/9-A with toasty for now, since both ratings come directly from calcs I don't think he'll change anyway

Maybe we can scale Quan Chi's magic with this freezing feat?
c7d1Pzw.png

Reptile's tree feat should yield Wall level+.

Liu Kang has a pillar fragmentation feat, which has a pretty good chance of barely making it into 9-A.

Scorpion teleported when assault rifle bullets were at point-blank range, which might upgrade reactions beyond Hypersonic.

Hello guys, I made this blog post of detailed explanation of MK characters powers and abilities. It's a very detailed section of their profiles that doesn't use giant walls of text (there's at least 2 to 3 sentences for each power and ability) and I think you MK fans and supporters might find it a very good read. However, it's still unfinished and it only applies to the NRS timeline characters. I'd like some input on this one, thanks.

Is this thread still a thing? Btw, I just purchased MK11 Ultimate, since it was half-prince on Amazon and it's exactly what I was waiting for.

I'm hyped for it, but I have to finish Mario Odyssey first (a totally related game).

And it looks good next to the boxes of MKXL and 9.

With the rising of the new age of fighting games (rollback for example), MK11 is kind of forgotten now

Unless they gonna announced new DLC but as for now we get nothing aside the reboot movie

Speaking of updates, I recall one of the devs for motion capture posting a picture of him in the NRS' mocap studio. From the looks of the tweet, they're doing something related to mocap so it could either be new DLC characters or even a new story DLC like Aftermath.

Mocap isn't that hyped character, no? And even with a new story we're already know how awful MK11 story so it will not bing any interest

Judging by the trailer, it seems that the following is what is going to happen:
  • Shao Kahn invites (lures?) the Earthrealm warriors into Outworld to compete in the final tournament that is said to determine the fate of both realms. Probably has something to do with Outworld merging with Earthrealm if Shao wins, and it seems like he succeeded in that (but merging takes time so our heroes still have time to stop him)
  • Raiden appears to be depowered in Outworld, being forced to compete with the likes of Reiko and Kitana. Nevertheless he still gives them a good fight and Reiko gets a beatdown from him
  • Scorpion returns and he remembered that Quan Chi's last words were supposed to be heeded, which is why he's going to stop Shinnok from getting the Kamidogu. Don't know who reminded him to stop Shinnok but it looks like he's doing it alone, until the younger Sub-Zero comes along.
  • Shinnok makes his debut and the first thing he does is to collect the Kamidogu of each realm to "resurrect" the One Being. Looks like some realm merging is involved with this process as seen in the trailer.

The Realms are Planets in the Legends Timeline so I guess Shinnok with them already has some serious Tier 5 Environmental Destruction

Shang Tsung can keep up with Liu Kang physically aswell, so he will be 9-B+

We still need to calc a feat for the Low Tiers (Cage, Sonya, Jax)

Judging by the trailer, it seems that the following is what is going to happen:
  • Shao Kahn invites (lures?) the Earthrealm warriors into Outworld to compete in the final tournament that is said to determine the fate of both realms. Probably has something to do with Outworld merging with Earthrealm if Shao wins, and it seems like he succeeded in that (but merging takes time so our heroes still have time to stop him)
It looks like he attacks somewhere to force the heroes to come challenge him in Outworld
  • Raiden appears to be depowered in Outworld, being forced to compete with the likes of Reiko and Kitana. Nevertheless he still gives them a good fight and Reiko gets a beatdown from him
It’s likely but it could also be he’s also just being forced to compete somehow (maybe he’s sick of being on the side lines)
  • Scorpion returns and he remembered that Quan Chi's last words were supposed to be heeded, which is why he's going to stop Shinnok from getting the Kamidogu. Don't know who reminded him to stop Shinnok but it looks like he's doing it alone, until the younger Sub-Zero comes along.
I think Quan mentioned Shinnok would avenge him so it could be this is him preemptively moving on Shinnok
  • Shinnok makes his debut and the first thing he does is to collect the Kamidogu of each realm to "resurrect" the One Being. Looks like some realm merging is involved with this process as seen in the trailer.
Definitely does
I wonder if this is going to have ties to shao (since there’s theories he’s influenced by the One in the games).

I can definitely see them doing the third game’s narrative but with Shao using the Kamidogu somehow
The Realms are Planets in the Legends Timeline so I guess Shinnok with them already has some serious Tier 5 Environmental Destruction
Oh right off the bat yeah
Shang Tsung can keep up with Liu Kang physically aswell, so he will be 9-B+
Physically yeah, he’s likely higher with magic (could restrain Quan Chi) and environmental destruction (island shenanigans)
We still need to calc a feat for the Low Tiers (Cage, Sonya, Jax)
I know Reptile cuts through a tree but it mostly looks like variations of wall level

Hopefully the movie gives us new feats

Red band trailer for upcoming movie. For some reason the official one was nowhere to be found on YouTube even though I just watched it a while ago.

Looks as bloody as the previous movie. New stuff from the trailer:
  • Jax has minigun arms now and maybe a cannon mode for his arms?
  • Speaking of Kamidogu, how are they gonna fit all that action into one movie? I assume Shinnok needs to travel to the respective realms to collect them, and I'm a bit worried about how is he going to do it especially when we see him collect 6 Kamidogu in the trailer.
  • Netherrealm demons are invading the Lin Kuei temple, as we see a demon killing what appears to be the Lin Kuei's Grandmaster a.k.a. Sektor's dad. These demons are likely under Scorpion if he's after the second Sub-Zero or Shinnok if he's after the Kamidogu which might be in the Lin Kuei's base. Or maybe both if Scorpion is actually under Shinnok! (he probably redeems himself anyways)
  • Sonya has a sniper rifle now, but it's definitely optional equipment.
Also, some stuff I missed in the previous trailer:
  • This was in the other censored trailer, but Raiden appears to be cutting through something that's extending towards him. Might be Shinnok's bone powers if he has to confront Raiden first before getting the Kamidogu. Or maybe someone through a log of wood at him, and that means new feats for Raiden (wood level raiden pog)
  • Also, Liu Kang's left hand appears to be black and red. MKX Dualist Liu Kang? Maybe that's his true power that he needs to beat Shao Kahn. Also him and Shao make shockwaves during their fight. Feat time.
Lastly, food critic Shao Kahn makes his comment after eating out at a chocolate confectionery

Red band trailer for upcoming movie. For some reason the official one was nowhere to be found on YouTube even though I just watched it a while ago.

Looks as bloody as the previous movie. New stuff from the trailer:
  • Jax has minigun arms now and maybe a cannon mode for his arms?
Looks like it
Since it tears through Tarkatans it’s a Great Wall Level feat
  • Speaking of Kamidogu, how are they gonna fit all that action into one movie? I assume Shinnok needs to travel to the respective realms to collect them, and I'm a bit worried about how is he going to do it especially when we see him collect 6 Kamidogu in the trailer.
It could be he’s already got most of them but the Amulet; Quan Chi has influence and I can certainly see him making huge moves to that effect in life with his quest for the Anulet

I’m definitely concerned on the pacing tho since I feel Revenge already had that problem and this could probably be split into two movies (Battle of Realms and Scorpion’s Redemption)
  • Netherrealm demons are invading the Lin Kuei temple, as we see a demon killing what appears to be the Lin Kuei's Grandmaster a.k.a. Sektor's dad. These demons are likely under Scorpion if he's after the second Sub-Zero or Shinnok if he's after the Kamidogu which might be in the Lin Kuei's base. Or maybe both if Scorpion is actually under Shinnok! (he probably redeems himself anyways)
My guess is; Scorpion is hunting for Shinnok to get revenge (or atonement?) and the Lin Quei are attacked by Shinnok or were infiltrated somehow (I know they held a Kamidogu at some point in the Komics)

Sonya has a sniper rifle now, but it's definitely optional equipment.
No scope
Also, some stuff I missed in the previous trailer:
  • This was in the other censored trailer, but Raiden appears to be cutting through something that's extending towards him. Might be Shinnok's bone powers if he has to confront Raiden first before getting the Kamidogu. Or maybe someone through a log of wood at him, and that means new feats for Raiden (wood level raiden)
I thought that was stone but it could be Bones know you mention it
  • Also, Liu Kang's left hand appears to be black and red. MKX Dualist Liu Kang? Maybe that's his true power that he needs to beat Shao Kahn. Also him and Shao make shockwaves during their fight. Feat time.
It could be blood and burns but I can see it being the Yin and Yang stuff from 11 (which was kinda dope)
Damn Shao do be liking that choccy

I think its because the decrease of player base and how obnoxious the gameplay is, heck even Injustice 2 got more support than MK11 which is massive embarrassment

Doesn't mention the rollback era just started with GGS so peoples found a more enganging and fun fighting games than MK11

I think its because the decrease of player base and how obnoxious the gameplay is, heck even Injustice 2 got more support than MK11 which is massive embarrassment

Doesn't mention the rollback era just started with GGS so peoples found a more enganging and fun fighting games than MK11
Honestly I don’t think it’s that

I’m thinking it’s more to do with Covid and behind the scenes stuff

We know Slayer was planned (and cut) two guests were cut from the first Kombat Pack iirc and in game files implied Fire God Liu Kang, Kronika and Ash Williams would be playable characters in the future

That’s also ignoring the theories about kharacters like Havik or the fact it’s one less character then I2 for the roster

Forgot about the covid, yeah that's also the reason

But behind the scene? Didn't know that

But man based from what you said it looks like MK11 isn't successful at all (covid, behind the scene issue, and how unfun the game was)

Forgot about the covid, yeah that's also the reason

But behind the scene? Didn't know that
It’s a theory I’ve had For Ermac and Ash (I believe Bruce mentioned he was asked but it didn’t go through) but I don’t think there was much confirmation

I know a lot of stuff like John Constantine and Penguin were planned for I2 but were cut and then discussed alongside this Darkseid serpent thing
But man based from what you said it looks like MK11 isn't successful at all (covid, behind the scene issue, and how unfun the game was)
I recall it was decent financially but yeah NRS got some controversy

They really need a better story, remember that Onaga stuff we almost had ? That story was like A BILLION times better than this Kronika shenanigan. The fact that NRS looked at Onaga and Kronika and went for Kronika just shows how they don't have a clue about what they are doing, gameplay was fun, but the story is TERRIBLE

Now, I don't mind the current roster, I know people want one or other character missing, but I'm sure they are just saving for the next game, they will ALWAYS keep some fan favorites away to use as spotlight for the next game and calling it "new". MK12 will have Ermac, Reptile and etc

MK has had rollback since MKX.

They really need a better story, remember that Onaga stuff we almost had ? That story was like A BILLION times better than this Kronika shenanigan. The fact that NRS looked at Onaga and Kronika and went for Kronika just shows how they don't have a clue about what they are doing, gameplay was fun, but the story is TERRIBLE
Hell the MKX Komics are way more interesting and meaningful then the game; Hanzo was shown to grow past both Scorpion and the guilt he felt, Kuai Liang finally restored the Lin Quei, Cassie grew a bit etc

I don't even dislike the concept of Kronika and the timelines stuff but we definitely needed more detailing the plot threads before 11 (Like Kotal becoming increasingly concerned with Earthrealm and Raiden)
Now, I don't mind the current roster, I know people want one or other character missing, but I'm sure they are just saving for the next game, they will ALWAYS keep some fan favorites away to use as spotlight for the next game and calling it "new". MK12 will have Ermac, Reptile and etc
I definitely think MK11 is up there with MK9 (Hot Take) but I do wish some characters like Havik (Who I kinda hoped would be voiced by Bruce Campbell), Sareena and others could have been so cool and there was so much from NRS playing into the idea MK11 was going to be much bigger then it ended up being

It's still pretty disappointing to see that

NRS did waste a ton of money and effort into guest characters like Ash who had to be cancelled due to licencing issues, so it makes sense that they've moved on to a better money making venture with the rumoured Marvel vs DC game.

The NRS cycle does make sense financially as well. MKX + MK11 sold 18+ million combined. Meanwhile, games with longer support cycles such as SFV and T7 only sold 5.5+ million and 6+ million respectively. I'm not even counting IJ2's numbers which released in the middle of MKX and 11. NRS makes lots of games which make lots of money so it makes sense that they're moving on.

Honestly, I'm glad they're moving on since I didn't like the gameplay in MK11 (prefer MKX fast paced gameplay personally). A new game gives us something to look forward to, so let's hope the next game has good gameplay.

Also, Aftermath was an entire story expansion which NRS has never done before, so you can't say they didn't put much effort in MK11.

Back