• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Appreciate the notable attacks and techniques, the note, and other new stuff. One problem though, the dimensional travel should just be removed. There's a thing in MKX where people can travel between realms via preexisting portals not summoned by others (ex. the Kombat Kids using "secret portals" to enter and exit Outworld, the portal in the Refugee Kamp, etc.), so it's very possible that they exploited that means of travel. This is also mentioned in Leatherface's bio where he stumbled upon a portal leading to Outworld.

Right, now that you make me think about it, that's the most likely option.

Is it good to be posted, once dimensional travel is removed?

I'll also add it as an intelligence feat in the related section.

Lastly, I think the page itself should be renamed "Alien (Mortal Kombat)".
Even if Xenomorph is the correct name, Alien is how the game itself calls the character.
Xenomorph can just be added to the name section.

I'm not sure about it being more recognizable, it's more a matter of following the offical name given to the character.

In this case Alien is more like a nickname, like Scorpion and Sub Zero, who still have real names.

The original creature from the movies shall keep "Xenomorph", because that's just the correct name of the species.
This one instead is kind of set in stone due to belonging to a game that specifically refers to it in that way.

This is the draft of the reworked Xenomorph. On top of everything said above, I made more changes adding Possinly Dimensional Travel, Natural Weaponry and Pseudo Duplication and Power Mimicry (the last two for the Konjurer).

I also made some changes to the overall explanations, the intelligence section and the notable attacks section.
I love it. Might want to get some renders for the other Forms though.

What is still left to do here? It seems like you have got quite a lot of work done by now.

I think the only profile left is Goro, which will be handled by Ectasy.

Other than that, I think we're done. We established what to do with crossovers/dlcs and ceiling calc will eventually be made, but it can be applied with a quick CRT of its own.

Still, if I'm forgetting something, just let it know.

I replaced a link in Goroìs intelligence section, using his bio from MK9 instead of the MK1 intro. They say the same thing (him having been champion of the MK for 500 years) but now it is more coherent with the profile covering only the new timeline.

His age should also be changed to "At least 500 years", as the him being 2000 years old comes from the old timeline.

And I noticed that Noob has Class K LS for ripping away Hanzo's spine in the comics, but it should go down to class 5 because of the new revisions about said comics and him not being a full mid tier.

His age should also be changed to "At least 500 years", as the him being 2000 years old comes from the old timeline.
This works
And I noticed that Noob has Class K LS for ripping away Hanzo's spine in the comics, but it should go down to class 5 because of the new revisions about said comics and him not being a full mid tier.
Actually I think that might hold if we take Mythologies, since he canonically tears out Hanzo's spine there (I know it's referenced but idk what's up with that)
The comics was a strange dream sequence which might not be reliable (Hanzo quips about how he and Quan Chi never traded words back at the massacre)

This works

Actually I think that might hold if we take Mythologies, since he canonically tears out Hanzo's spine there (I know it's referenced but idk what's up with that)
The comics was a strange dream sequence which might not be reliable (Hanzo quips about how he and Quan Chi never traded words back at the massacre)
Mythologies is a thing thanks to MK9 and MK11 Aftermath, Raiden talked about Bi-Han fighting the forces of Netherrealm or something and Noob mentions that he fought Fujin in "his temple" referencing the Temple of the Elements in the first chronological MK game.

Mythologies is a thing thanks to MK9 and MK11 Aftermath, Raiden talked about Bi-Han fighting the forces of Netherrealm or something and Noob mentions that he fought Fujin in "his temple" referencing the Temple of the Elements in the first chronological MK game.
Yeah those are the ref's
I vaguely recall something in MKX about the temple of Elements but that's it

It wouldn't impact anything much beyond the LS (I think he has Chi in that game but idk)

I feel that should be its own thread tho

I was wondering if his fatalities are still valid, in MK9 he shares the same spine ripping finishers with his brother when you play as him when he was Sub-Zero. It also isn't outlierish tbh

Maybe he got weaker by becoming Noob? I don't think it's stated anywhere, but giving him class K means all the people who beat him get it, right? Like, he consistently loses to everyone, mid and low tiers alike.

So I was thinking about how the Tarkatan Alien has tabbers for his three variation, and I thought that the common traits tabber should have acid blood as well. By default, these aliens all have acid blood, but only the Acidic variation focuses on using its acidic blood and can somehow shoot acid from its tail.

Maybe move the Acidic alien's acid manipulation to the common traits tabber, but add something like this to the Acidic tabber:

Focuses on using its acid as an active and offensive weapon (rather than defensive) via self-mutilation or its tail

Last edited:
I can work, but do we have proof that other types of Aliens othen than the acidic have such blood?

Iirc it's not like the blades, which can be seen on and are used by all types.

Also, unrelated but I keep seeing here and there stuff that is missing in the new timeline profiles, like infos or powers and abilities.
Can I just ask here for their addition, or is it better to make another thread?

Also, unrelated but I keep seeing here and there stuff that is missing in the new timeline profiles, like infos or powers and abilities.
Other thread; this is already long enough. Besides this was mostly for Attack Potency rather then anything else

I can work, but do we have proof that other types of Aliens othen than the acidic have such blood?

Iirc it's not like the blades, which can be seen on and are used by all types.

Yes, when you hit them they bleed acid colored blood, no different from the one that the Acidic version uses. It doesn't do damage for the sake of gameplay balance. Also in one brutality, Predator doesn't flay the Alien but rather takes their head instead. You wouldn't want to cut off all of their skin only for their all of their acid to spill on you like a big pot of hot soup.

Imma think on that one later because I'm quite occupied rn

Also, unrelated but I keep seeing here and there stuff that is missing in the new timeline profiles, like infos or powers and abilities. Can I just ask here for their addition, or is it better to make another thread?
What's this about?

Can somebody summarise what is left to do here please?

Also, I thought that there is another MK revisions thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back