• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat: One Being is wack

Basically, as we know each realm is at least the size of a universe, as well as some being infinite in size such as Earthrealm being stated it has no limit to its size.(if the link doesnt work leme know) And each one has time and that's obvious as each one has a flow of time. So each one on its own is uni+ and without further evidence, as a collective group the realms would still be uni+ as without context theres no proof they have separated space and times. But there are multitudes of evidence to prove they have separated space-times. The realms are described as resting on parallel planes of existence. This means they never interact at all and logically cant be contained within the same space. Now 2 realms in the same space could have separate flows of time under the same space but obviously the realms arent under the same space so its alot harder to be under the same stc when they dont have the same space. Another thing is the Void as i mentioned in my previous refutal (the guy named iaakk) the void is a space between realms further acting as a separation of the realms. And this realm exists beyond time as stated in mk11 (apparently we are only using midway or smth even though beyond time statement seems to just be an add on so idk how we take this statement?) anyways the void lacking space and time (or transcending it possibly acting as a 4d structure which would confirm separation) is some supporting evidence for sepperacy. Also realms can only be accessed by portals as we know.

“The taint you refer to allows you to enter realms otherwise inaccessible to other beings. You will need to regain it in order to continue your quest. I suggest that you return to the Netherrealm.
Many ages ago, the first sorcerers toiled for the Elder Gods, linking the realms with portals. The lower planes of the Netherrealm are quite hazardous to beings of magic.”-somewhere in deception

Basically on the universe page of vsbw it states you can not access another universe by mere 3d means and must do it via a portal of some sort. So merely walking to another realm would directly debunk sepperacy. And with the void encompassing high 3-A objects and the universe page saying a structure encompassing universes or realms in this case can qualify for a higher dimensional structure so the void is probably higher dimensional, and with them being separated spatially they should also be separated temporally due to time not existing with out space and vise versa. But even on the speculation of the void being higher dimensional all of the evidence supports them being separated in terms of time and space. so i dont see why the realms would even share the same stc in the first place if they dont even share space

Obviously i cant put this all on the page and there'd be a much shortened down version

Aren't these realms spatially seperate from each other? I don't think anyone has physically gone to another one without some kind of Portal or spacetime transport

Aren't these realms spatially seperate from each other? I don't think anyone has physically gone to another one without some kind of Portal or spacetime transport
Like said earlier, the arguments for them being in the same zone would only be for MK1. The Midway era at least it's 2-C.

I thought even in MK1, they still need portals? Could they physically go to other realms?
MK1 has scenes where you can see the realms in the same space and has statements that make it seem like places within the same larger universe rather than seperate areas.

should i just make a shortned version of my explanation above. post it here then see if it checks out and put on the one being profile seeing as the main person that was making contentions just kinda dipped

as we know each realm is at least the size of a universe
In the same interview that you sended above, Ed Boon says that the earthrealm doesn't encompass the entire universe (00:37). Although i believe that his statement can be a little contradictory since we have the other WoG that state that the realms have a infinite cosmos and it's flat out said that the netherrealm is infinite in size, in the older games. Ed Boon himself states that the earthrealm have it's own solar system (00:42) and is a realm without physical limits (00:44) too.
The realms are described as resting on parallel planes of existence
You should provide scans for this, tho i think i know this scan.
Now 2 realms in the same space could have separate flows of time under the same space but obviously the realms arent under the same space so its alot harder to be under the same stc when they dont have the same space.
I would like if you could provide scans for that quote too. Although, i can help a little in this part with a bit of my knowledge about the series since the realms are said to exist on parallel planes to each other, twice to be exactly. And if you look at the previous page, you will see scans that we provided proof that each realm has a distinct temporal flow from the other one. Which implies that each realm has its own space-time.
Another thing is the Void as i mentioned in my previous refutal (the guy named iaakk) the void is a space between realms further acting as a separation of the realms. And this realm exists beyond time as stated in mk11 (apparently we are only using midway or smth even though beyond time statement seems to just be an add on so idk how we take this statement?) anyways the void lacking space and time (or transcending it possibly acting as a 4d structure which would confirm separation) is some supporting evidence for sepperacy. Also realms can only be accessed by portals as we know.
I'm not sure if we should use that because it comes from MK 11. Currently it seems that we are using scans only from the pre-retcon era to justify the 2-C rating.

Last edited:
In the same interview that you sended above, Ed Boon says that the earthrealm doesn't encompass the entire universe (00:37). Although i believe that his statement can be a little contradictory since we have the other WoG that state that the realms have a infinite cosmos and it's flat out said that the netherrealm is infinite in size, in the older games. Ed Boon himself states that the earthrealm have it's own solar system (00:42) and is a realm without physical limits (00:44) too.
i don't see how this is contradictory at all. multiple realms of infinite size is allowed on the site.

I'm not sure if we should use that because it comes from MK 11. Currently it seems that we are using scans only from the pre-retcon era to justify the 2-C rating.
i wasnt to sure on it either, but i feel like it could be aplicable as it just seems like an addon to the void instead of redefining the void but its whatever.

So do we just solve this thread by simply using Midway scans to make the One Being's profile? Right now the current profile of the One Being should be for the Midway version only, because so far the One Being doesn't exist in the canon story of the NRS games yet.

i don't see how this is contradictory at all. multiple realms of infinite size is allowed on the site.
I never said that i had problems with that bro🗿, i even later covered proofs that the realms are indeed infinite in size and that Ed Boon's statement conflicts with multiple pieces of evidence already existing within the series. Most likely it's refering to the post retcon's realms i think🤔.
i wasnt to sure on it either, but i feel like it could be aplicable as it just seems like an addon to the void instead of redefining the void but its whatever.
I'm not sure again because this scan isn't from the Midway era, but if people on the thread think it's fine using scans from the post-retcon era that doesn't contradict anything to justify some things of the Midway era's cosmology, i would be cool with it.

I'm not sure again because this scan isn't from the Midway era, but if people on the thread think it's fine using scans from the post-retcon era that doesn't contradict anything to justify some things of the Midway era's cosmology, i would be cool with it.
should we just wait for a mod to confirm it?

I don't think you need a mod for this, a knowledgeable member should be fine but Qawsedf and Saman are both mods and knowledgeable members so it's cool

I also have this WIP of the One Being's profile, no stats yet though I assume I'd just have to copy the current one while leaving out the NRS era references but it has scans for the P&A and I included non-canon powers just in case

Ye, call Qawsedf or SamanPatou to see if it's fine using those void scans in the Midway era.
One Being in NRS canon is weird because he does exist since MK10 has him be a major part in Shinnok's plan with reality. But everything with Kronika and the Titans just confuses it majorly.

I'm not again including them, but it should probably be mostly Midway scans imo.

Yeah, the NRS canon also have a confusing hierarchy regarding the Elder Gods, Titans and the OB.

Some of this stuff should help regarding new justifications: It's said to us that the One Being consumed many of the Elder Gods in a timeless void. Later his consciousness was divided into the many realms by the Kamidogus of the six Elder Gods. It is even said that they fear awakening the One Being. We are also told that all of existence is merely the dreams of the One Being (though this might be flowery language or could mean something else, idk).

Edit: Seems like it isn't literal.

Last edited:
Yeah, the NRS canon also have a confusing hierarchy regarding the Elder Gods, Titans and the OB.
speaking of which i need to finish my CRT on that
One Being in NRS canon is weird because he does exist since MK10 has him be a major part in Shinnok's plan with reality. But everything with Kronika and the Titans just confuses it majorly.

I'm not again including them, but it should probably be mostly Midway scans imo.
i think one NRS scan should be fine? as it doesnt go against anything and is just an addon. and it makes sence to be beyond time in midway aswell as its beyond the realms which could also mean its possibly beyond their stc. the NRS scan just confirms this thing thats already a posibility

speaking of which i need to finish my CRT on that

i think one NRS scan should be fine? as it doesnt go against anything and is just an addon. and it makes sence to be beyond time in midway aswell as its beyond the realms which could also mean its possibly beyond their stc. the NRS scan just confirms this thing thats already a posibility
let's keep it simple and not use scans from the NRS games, we already established that they're separate from each other here

Yeah, the profile will only cover the Midway era OB, it feels weird using one stuff from the NRS era in it, those are two separate continuities/timelines.

Last edited:
so what do we do know. just rewrite the explanation a bit then add to the one beings profile?
Yea and add or remove new p&a, some of his powers come from scaling that don't exist and some are just wrong, like him having creation which he shouldn't because he was just the base material from where the realms were made from

Back