• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK11 Discussion Thread Part 4: Geras is Unkillable

MK has had rollback since MKX.
I know, but it was back then only Post-MK9 NRS game, Skullgirls and Killer Instinct had rollback

Nowaday every upcoming fighting games would have rollback on it, and a better gameplay for sure, not saying MKX and IJ2 are unfun, it just MK11 gameplay had so many issues

This year is surely in Guilty Gear and Melty Blood hands in term of fighting games throne right now
Gameplay was fun
Say that to the slow and yet boring paced fight with heavy oriented soulless zoning, even in high gameplay MK11 barely do impressive

My main gripe with MK11 gameplay is how limited the movesets feel compared to MKX's. One variation of a MKX character has more combo routes than what you can do in MK11. Also, I don't like the krushing blow mechanic.

Last edited:
Limited and slow too, that's yikes to me

The throw are also obnoxious too, and don't get me started with breakaway a.k.a trash version of burst

Do you think it would be fair a match between Liu Kang (Fire God) and M. Bison (first key)?

I'm afraid Bison's AP would be too high, although Liu upscales into 8-B to an unknown degree.

He doesn't just upscale, he has Raiden and both Liu Kangs power on him (Two High 8-C+s, one 9-A, Possibly High 8-C+)

Assuming three High 8-Cs ends he's basically 20 tons, with the Possibly Far Higher stuff

That (referring to EA's message), I also don't think we are allowed to assume Fire God is simply the mathematical sum of the AP of both the Liu(s) and Raiden, otherwise many Fused characters on the wiki would have greatly different AP and Aftermath Shang Tsung would probable mathemaitcally surpass Liu's AP.

Guys, it's in his section

At least City Block level (At this state, Liu Kang has the combined might of his both versions and Raiden...)

Raiden's calc is currently 6.598 tons, we had Fire God Liu Kang at 20+ Megatons in the past (When they scaled to Raiden's 9.6 Megaton storm feats) because of this, now we can't use it ? I honestly don't know what to expect of the rules anymore lol

That (referring to EA's message), I also don't think we are allowed to assume Fire God is simply the mathematical sum of the AP of both the Liu(s) and Raiden, otherwise many Fused characters on the wiki would have greatly different AP and Aftermath Shang Tsung would probable mathemaitcally surpass Liu's AP.
That Liu Kang also had Jinsei's upgrade, he fought Shang Tsung with it, and said upgrade doesn't have a solid number

He starts as a fusion of both Liu Kangs and Raiden, then after one round against the Revenants he charges his power with the Jinsei

Guys, it's in his section

At least City Block level (At this state, Liu Kang has the combined might of his both versions and Raiden...)

Raiden's calc is currently 6.598 tons, we had Fire God Liu Kang at 20+ Megatons in the past (When they scaled to Raiden's 9.6 Megaton storm feats) because of this, now we can't use it ? I honestly don't know what to expect of the rules anymore lol
I believe it was from the multiplier that Revenant Liu Kang gained when he ate his past self's soul.

So....why MK got downgraded to tier 8 drastically?
To save you the trouble of reading through that CRT, it's a combination of story elements from the comics not being canon anymore, a bunch of outliers for weaker characters, finisher moves being inconsistent with power levels and character abilities in the story (this isn't the case with some characters) and an entire separation of MK itself into two different continuities.

Not entirely. MK11 still references events from the comics, it's just that some of them have been intentionally retconned. We're still looking for stuff that's still canon to the games so we can tell what to use or what not to use.

What I mean is that we usually try to avoid stacking up AP values of single characters when tiering fusions, to avoid possibly inflated results, inconsistencies and because the strength of a fused character mught differ by fiction to fiction.

They are usually treated as boosts in power, unless there are very specific reasons to gauge their power as a pure mathematical sum.

And here, even accounting the Jinsei (which according to us didn't bring Shinnok to 8-B, we'd have Fire God Liu Kang (Alive Liu [High 8-C] + Revenant Liu [9-A] + Raiden [High 8-C] + Jinsei [Unquantifiable]) vs Shang Tsung (Himself [9-A] + Part of Raiden [High 8-C] + Part of Fujin [High 8-C] + Shao Kahn [High 8-C] + Sindel [9-A/High 8-C] + Kronika [8-B] + Kronika's Crown [Unquantifiable]).

According to this, Shang Tsung should badly stomp Liu.

It's much more safe to take power boosts as such, wuthout trying to take absorptions and fusions are pure additions, and upscale when it's reasonable to do such, as in the 8-Bs case.

Unrelated, but I see several characters have good artwork for their MK9 versions in the gallery section. Shouldn't they be moved up along with standard images, in a MK9 tabber?

Unrelated, but I see several characters have good artwork for their MK9 versions in the gallery section. Shouldn't they be moved up along with standard images, in a MK9 tabber?
I think that's fine, but I do prefer the more updated versions. Like Scorpion's MK9 look that got remastered in the succeeding two games. For the others that don't have that stuff, using MK9 renders are fine.

We're in a cliffhanger on that one, but I think this can tell us something. IIRC someone mentioned that the pointer between Liu and Shang will automatically go to the former if you simply do nothing. I wouldn't really rely on that though, because what's the point of choosing between two endings if that's the case?

We're in a cliffhanger on that one, but I think this can tell us something. IIRC someone mentioned that the pointer between Liu and Shang will automatically go to the former if you simply do nothing. I wouldn't really rely on that though, because what's the point of choosing between two endings if that's the case?
MK12 will tell us the answer but honestly Shang winning makes more sense and sets up a sequel, otherwise the story is basically over without a reboot.

MK12 will tell us the answer but honestly Shang winning makes more sense and sets up a sequel, otherwise the story is basically over without a reboot.
Shang's ending will allow us to explore the Chaosrealm and the Orderrealm. Liu's ending will allows us to explore the history of the Great Kung Lao and possibly other ancestors of present age kombatants.

If they made a bad ending game, I wonder how they would go about finding a way to defeat God Shang Tsung, awaken the One Being to fight Shang Tsung, and take The Hourglass when they are both weak?

Awakening the One Being is the last thing that you want to do to fight just one guy. Because Shinnok's MKX ending tells us that his awakening is the end of all reality in MK, which should include Shang as he once was a mortal.

They might go with a story involving a timeline split, creating two parallel ones, one in which Liu Kang won, and another with Shang Tsung. Then the story might revolve around their war and search for allies and such.

Whatever they do, I hope we go for a less Special Forces heavy roster for the next one. Also I do wish to see Havik as a main antagonist at some point. Or create new Elder Gods of Chaos and Orderrealms. Also Daegon.

He got namedroppped in Aftermath and made a cameo in Joker's ending (like Mileena who came at KP2) so I think we'll definitely get him in the next game.

Looks like my wood level Raiden prediction was correct lol

Kintaro lifts a tree here but everyone else is like Class K already, so that's more of a supporting feat or a substitute in the unlikely case that Class K spine ripping gets yeeted. Liu Kang's fiery entrance looks cool too, he gets Aura from that feat.

Wood level Raiden

tenor.gif

Looks like my wood level Raiden prediction was correct lol
Soon we'll have rock level Kintaro
Kintaro lifts a tree here but everyone else is like Class K already, so that's more of a supporting feat or a substitute in the unlikely case that Class K spine ripping gets yeeted.
Wait does everyone scale to Class K? It seems to mostly be Hanzo who's right up there in power
Liu Kang's fiery entrance looks cool too, he gets Aura from that feat.
Definitely; depending on his training he could get a separate key for this film

It seems like Liu Kang and Raiden will have new keys when this movie drops: Liu will have Scorpion's Revenge and Battle of the Realms keys, while Raiden will have his Base and Depowered Keys.

Very likely
I just hope Raiden shows us why he's the God of Thunder before that tho (It's something I liked about him in Legends; he is very powerful when he stops playing)

Back