• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK11 Discussion Thread Part 4: Geras is Unkillable

Costumes all look on point

Goro looks decent (hopefully he's no jobber)

Funnily you can get a quick look at Kabal and Reptile

So far the film looks solid but I hope they stick the landing

My only worry is how much of the story they will tell

You have the Shaolin arc, the Military arc, the Ninja arc, Outworld stuff and this new guy Cole to explain, a LOT of characters for what I believe it's going to be 2 hours long movie at most

Some of them are going to be jobbers tho, I just thank the Elder Gods that Scorpion and Sub Zero are always there because they are easy money XD

I also was worried with Sanada as the Fire Ninja but damn he looks great as Hanzo

Cole Turner from the script draft leaks has been renamed Cole Young; it seems plausible that his background from the leak didn't change as the descendent of Scorpion, due to a shot in the leaked shorter trailer where Cole is looks into the mirror and seemingly has a conversation with Scorpion.

Aesthetic wise it is looking great. The most faithful and badass looking live action Mortal Kombat.

The director did a breakdown of the trailer, and he actually knows his stuff:

Picture of all promotional posters:
3mxm62rje9i61.jpg
pz2j7fmlu8i61.jpg

Honestly, after the movie DLC that even came with the 90s cast voice acting, I don't doubt they add at least the skin, maybe even Sanata's acting

I would buy for sure

Btw, I have a feeling this movie will give us something more than just 9-C with Superhuman speed

I need Scorpion's suit in this movie as a skin in MK11, it looks amazing
Hopefully we see skins for them in the next Kombat Pack

The movie comes out on the two year anniversary of Mortal Kombat 11 so I'd be surprised if there's no cross promotion

Especially since movie Sub looks scarily close to MKX Sub-Zero (who people want in the game as a skin)

It'd be especially amazing if some of the cast came back to dub the lines (Imagine hearing Sanada's voice as Scorpion in game) but I doubt they'll go that far sadly

Yeah I believe Scorpion and Sub Zero might get the new skin, since they are the poster bois (As always and hopefully forever) and apparently have a big role in the movie

I'm just surprised that one of the best suits for Scorpion came from a game based movie, that's quality stuff

I wonder if another character will also get one, can't be Cole since I don't think they will add more characters

Btw, I have a feeling this movie will give us something more than just 9-C with Superhuman speed
Sub-Zero creating large quantities of ice that can cover an entire room and freezing the spread of a shotgun blast mid flight, Liu Kang summoning a large fire dragon, Kung Lao deflecting what appears to be Kano's laser (probably won't qualify as a real beam of light but still impressive) are just some of the many cool feats we just saw.

Yeah, Raiden used cloud to ground lightning there, I hope there is a scene were someone fights him, but considering the already big fight list (considering the amount of protagonists and antagonists), maybe they save that for a sequel

Also maybe Sub Zero launching Scorpion in that Ice Well could be 9-B, Scorpion also Get Over Here'd someone into a metal handrail and it completely shattered

That remembers me, I'm currently rewatching the animation to make a profile for Scorpion, anyone already knows some feats ? I remember them moving like a blur and reacting to gunfire

True (at most I can see Shang mimicking his style and fighting Liu Kang or something)

There could be a scene showing Shao as like this LOTR style prologue to help establish the Mortal Kombat tournament's history)

As for Scorpion's Revenge there's some good ones

Scorpion rips out spines, at one point tearing out three at once (should be solidly Class K) and we regularly see fighters create craters

This RT has good stuff for Hanzo which seems to point to him being 9-B or possibly even 9-A (wonder how him and live action Scorpion stack up)

Thanks, and yeah that animation is solid in feats

There is one, at the final battle were Scorpion uses his spear to destroy Shang Tsung's throne, I can see 9-B to 9-A there

I think this feat is quite overlooked, but I do recall Scorpion slicing the massive demon torturer in half. He doesn't completely bisect him but he does cut him in half until the midsection of the demon's body. Also Sub-Zero creating large amounts of ice in his fight versus Scorpion.

Guys, the profile is out: MK Legends Scorpion

Now unto enhance the profile, anyone has some gifs to add to his notable attacks ?

Btw, Shang Tsung's powers sustain the Island, and without him it begins to collapse, I wonder how that translates to AP

I'm unsure
It feels like Environmental Destruction and I know there's big revisions to those kinds of "sustaining feats"

Hopefully we get more feats for him, Raiden and maybe even Shao in a possible sequel (Sub Zero's Legacy? Liu Kang's Destiny?)

I believe it will focus on Liu Kang, going by the ending, with MK2 story

I added an At least because every feat is done very casually and most of them are colateral damage of their power. Scorpion's spear has that Throne feat that may be 9-A, but since that Spear one shot everything it touched including Goro, I believe it might not scale to his physicals

I believe it will focus on Liu Kang, going by the ending, with MK2 story

I added an At least because every feat is done very casually and most of them are colateral damage of their power. Scorpion's spear has that Throne feat that may be 9-A, but since that Spear one shot everything it touched including Goro, I believe it might not scale to his physicals
True but the at least is typically used if they upscale from 9-B characters

The feats aren’t done with particular effort but they aren’t any higher the. 9-A either.

Higher via Spear is fine but I’d note that because it’s a piercing weapon it could be able to cut or pierce through characters with 9-B durability

Profile looks good, but the summary section has some spoilers. Also I feel like we should actually calc all the feats that scale to him like bullet dodging feats and other destruction feats rather than automatically put them at Wall level and Supersonic+. Can't hurt to have a specific number for his ratings.

I 100% agree that we should make the calcs, those tiers are almost placeholders for now

However, tearing humans aparts is actually calced at 9-B (And Liu Kang does that casually and with the palm of his hand, that's why I believe At least 9-B is fine if we don't find something higher) you guys will find it on the common feats page

Actually guys, found a 9-A feat...I guess ?

Scorpion's Toasty left Quan Chi in his bare bones in Seconds

And that's 9-A, tho I dunno if scales to physicals

Freezing a human is 9-A (Sub Zero)

Crushing a skull is 9-B (Scorpion did this in the movie multiple times)

Actually guys, found a 9-A feat...I guess ?

Scorpion's Toasty left Quan Chi in his bare bones in Seconds

And that's 9-A, tho I dunno if scales to physicals

Freezing a human is 9-A (Sub Zero)

Crushing a skull is 9-B (Scorpion did this in the movie multiple times)
He even vaporized his armor which should make the calc much higher, but I feel like the Toasty fatality shouldn't scale to his physicals. It would look like this: At least Wall level, higher with Toasty (just an example)

Also IIIRC Reptile dodged a close range gunshot from Sonya, that feat could be impressive if I remember correctly since Reptile's face was quite close to the gun that Sonya was going to shoot him with.

He also could cut a thicc tree in half with a single punch, that's another solid 9-B feat

Well then, I'll add 9-A with Fire Breath and remove the "higher with Spear" since like Hellbeast said it's piercing damage

Sub-Zero should have a 9-A with Ice Manipulation since he can freeze people

Last edited:
Also IIIRC Reptile dodged a close range gunshot from Sonya, that feat could be impressive if I remember correctly since Reptile's face was quite close to the gun that Sonya was going to shoot him with.
He did

As for Scorpion it should probably just be 9-B, higher with Fire Manipulation/Powers

I don't think we need to keep it Higher, the feat is safe at 9-A going by the page, even more since it also burned Quan Chi's armor

Reptile's feat worth a calc for sure

Back