• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat: One Being is wack

Current TL would be Low 2-C only. But pre-retcon I believe its still 2-C. The realms are stated to be different in Deception
Through the teachings of the Shaolin and Wushu masters, we attempt to educate the members of our local communities in ways of defending this realm from the unspeakable evil that lives beyond the veil between worlds.
Onoga: There is an impending doom that threatens the survival of all the realms. With these tools, the Elder Gods will vanquish this menace.

Shujinko: Where do I find these 'Kamidogu'?

Onoga: They have been scattered throughout reality. Each one lies hidden in a different realm.
The taint you refer to allows you to enter realms otherwise inaccessible to other beings. You will need to regain it in order to continue your quest. I suggest that you return to the Netherrealm.
Many ages ago, the first sorcerers toiled for the Elder Gods, linking the realms with portals. The lower planes of the Netherrealm are quite hazardous to beings of magic.
When a sorcerer from another realm has need of a demon or oni, the three-headed god Kochal transports us there.
The Tempest at the center of this realm keeps it from obeying the rules of nature.
It is said that this realm existed much like any other realm until the god of Chaos unleashed the Tempest!
Plus the Blood Ocean from MK11 is said to be infinite in depth, which doesn't work unless the overall cosmology is bigger than Low 2-C.

However post-retcon the One Being would only be Low 2-C since the modern MK timeline has them all seemingly coexist in a large void. So maybe a key split?

Alternatively we could note that the One Being's existence is super weird with all the Titan retcons and note the profile is only talking about Midway era.

However post-retcon the One Being would only be Low 2-C since the modern MK timeline has them all seemingly coexist in a large void. So maybe a key split?

Alternatively we could note that the One Being's existence is super weird with all the Titan retcons and note the profile is only talking about Midway era.
I'd say the latter, I don't think the Retcon would make it a whole different continuity. Iirc the MK profiles do not have a Pre/Post Retcon key distinction, so making OB the only one with that would be weird.

Plus the Blood Ocean from MK11 is said to be infinite in depth, which doesn't work unless the overall cosmology is bigger than Low 2-C.
About this...
  • High 3-A: Characters or objects that demonstrate an infinite amount of energy on a 3-D scale, such as creating or destroying infinite mass, or those who can affect an infinite 3-D space. This extends to an infinite number of finite or infinite-sized 3-D universes or pocket dimensions when not accounting for when not accounting for any higher dimensions or time. Large numbers of infinite 3-D universes, unless causally closed from one another by a separate spacetime or existence, only count for a higher level of this tier. Being “infinitely” stronger than this level, unless uncountably so, does not qualify for any higher tier.

The timeline creation feat for both Kang and Shang Tsung would still be 2-C, as even if we do consider all the realms to fall under a single timeline, many other alt timelines exist that:

1. Do not have their pasts, presents and futures hinge on each other.

2. Can't be accessed normally without portals.

3. Verbatim called timelines.

4. Destroying one timeline means nothing for the others, as Shang Tsung stated. There is no "Sacred Timeline" in the MCU-esque sense in MK.

But of course, this one will be left for another thread in another day.

Hmm, a bit weird but I guess you're not wrong. Of you can't prove a different space-time it would just be Low 2-C.
Given 3 staff approved, can I apply this?
I'd like to apply this note too, but I don't know the verse so I'd like to get a written note from someone who knows the verse so I can add it.

I'm not sure the Titans weigh in in any way.
There's that tweet about them being above the One Being, but it could just mean they reside in yet a farther plane than the Elder Gods'.

Just now seeing this thread. Each realm are infinite in size with their own flow of time.

Which does qualify them as their own universe.

Yeah if you have a quote about them being seperate spaces it's 2-C.
So, I always saw a realm as a spiritual reality as much as a physical place. Whether it’s Outworld or Netherrealm or Earth... they all exist on parallel planes. The physical manifestations being the world we know and can comprehend... (9/11)

- John Tobias

They're all separate spaces.

So, I always saw a realm as a spiritual reality as much as a physical place. Whether it’s Outworld or Netherrealm or Earth... they all exist on parallel planes. The physical manifestations being the world we know and can comprehend... (9/11)

- John Tobias

They're all separate spaces.
Here's the scan in imgur:

I don't get it. The Tiering says that multiple High 3-A realms are not 2-C, but still High 3-A to be honest.

I don't get it. The Tiering says that multiple High 3-A realms are not 2-C, but still High 3-A to be honest.
High 3-A is for infinite 3D space but without a notable 4th Dimensional Axis.

Since 4D is a power set of 3D on this site, that is an uncountably infinity. Meaning Low 2-C is = infinite 3A/High 3A in size.

That's why the MIB aliens that have universal marbels are still only Tier 3, since they're within the same temporal plane just bigger.

If the MK realms are separated that means they're apart from each other on a 4th Dimensional level. Which would make them different Low 2-C spaces.

I do not agree, given there's no evidence of time separation in this case. They seem to be under the same flow of time, just at different speeds.

I do not agree, given there's no evidence of time separation in this case
They are seperated from each other, which makes them under different temporal sets.

They seem to be under the same flow of time, just at different speeds.
Same temporal direction =/= same space-time component. A multiverse like with DC/Marvel have infinite universes but they're under the same temporal direction as seperate space-time entities.

I'm not enough to reject it alone, no. But I am against a downgrade.

I'm also against it but i agree with Strym that if we keep the 2-C, we should rewrite the current justification and give it more cohesion and meaning. Ngl that the current justification is very limited and just bad.

I'm also against it but i agree with Strym that if we keep the 2-C, we should rewrite the current justification and give it more cohesion and meaning. Ngl that the current justification is very limited and just bad.
do we have the supporters listed on the page do it? if no one else is working on it i could do it. (btw im the person who made the void arguments from before)

do we have the supporters listed on the page do it? if no one else is working on it i could do it. (btw im the person who made the void arguments from before)
Currently no MK supporter is doing something to update the justifications, so if you volunteer to do this, it would be of a great help.

Back