• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Sinister (and possibly several others) Regeneration Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
Mister Sinister's regeneration is listed as Low-Mid for this statement of him claiming that his regeneration rivals Wolverine's who is listed as low-high. This is probably because Wolverine had his regeneration upgraded at some point, but Sinister was forgotten and left in the dust.

Suggestion? Change Sinister's regen from low-mid to low-high.

This shouldn't be too complicated (I hope).

Last edited:
Wolverine's regen is wrong. It should be Low-Mid, from the feat as the profile puts it coming from a skeleton isn't Low-High, and the feat doesn't show that there was only his skeleton, we just say that's the case when it's more likely that his eyes are still there in those red lights where they should be. Just because we can't see them it doesn't mean they aren't there. This fits with the other panel already having his eyes there, and needless to say his brain was never annihilated. That in turn fits with some statement of decapitation killing him from Prof. X.

Eficiente makes sense to me.

Thank you both for helping out.

Btw: There are likely other characters whose healing factors are scaled from Wolverine and need to be updated, such as X-23, Daken, and Sabretooth.

I know that Cyclops blasted Sinister to pieces once long ago (during Inferno I believe), and the later recovered from that, so I think that feat could be used as a gauge instead.

Was it really just a clone? During Sinister's first appearance again, a few years afterwards right before the Stryfe crossover, Cyclops blew a massive hole in Sinister's stomach that almost tore him in half, and he instantly regenerated from that as well.

Ant: are you by any chance talking about this scan/arc?

4695685-7655936052-iY8YO.jpg

This is from X-Men 1991 #23. In the same issue, he reveals that the last one Cyke killed was a clone basically.

This is from X-Men 1991 #23. In the same issue, he reveals that the last one Cyke killed was a clone basically.

Okay. Never mind about that feat then, but we can use almost being torn in half, not caring, and regenerating quickly.

Last edited:
Yeah, that can definitely be used.

There is also one from X-Factor where X-Man puts a hole through him but he regenerates rather quickly.

So we should bring down Wolverine's regen to low-mid and anyone else who scales to him, and keep sinister's current regen level but change the justification to that of his own feats, correct?

But the "Regeneration makes them difficult to kill" should remain on their profiles as the regen feats they demonstrate allow them to survive damage far higher than their own durability and reach into the higher ends of Low-Mid.

It's funny because Sinister from 90's animated X-men was going to regen from a mere puddle. I just find it interesting that a version of a character from a 90's cartoon manages to show better feats than their comic book counterpart.

So we should bring down Wolverine's regen to low-mid and anyone else who scales to him, and keep sinister's current regen level but change the justification to that of his own feats, correct?

But the "Regeneration makes them difficult to kill" should remain on their profiles as the regen feats they demonstrate allow them to survive damage far higher than their own durability and reach into the higher ends of Low-Mid.
I think that was the idea, but I have a hard time keeping track of the exact specific for every thread that I help out in.

I think that Sinister should get an "At least..." before his regeneration level though, given how effortless his feats in theis area have been.

No problem, I just wanted to summarize and make sure we're all on the same page here.
Can you summarise the reasons for the respective regeneration levels please, in order to help the rest of us keep track?

Can you summarise the reasons for the respective regeneration levels please, in order to help the rest of us keep track?
- Sinister: "At least Low-Mid for casually regenerating from nearly being torn in half horizontally by Cyclops' Optic Blasts, and regenerating from large holes in his torso several times with ease and without care."

- Wolverine: "Low-Mid for regenerating from a near skeleton (though had no indication of suffering damage to the brain) after being blasted by Nitro's self destruction." (this scan is used as the current justification on his profile)

Anyone else: for whatever reason they scale to wolverine for.

Thank you. That seems fine to me.

I know that X-23, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, and Daken likely scale to Wolverine.
X-23 blatantly scales above Wolverine. It's not even a likely. I don't know about the rest though. Might be better off asking a more knowledgeable member on that one, but they probably do scale.

Well, they should all be roughly comparable, unless they have better feats.

If somebody writes down the EXACT titles for their character profile pages (not the URLs), I can unlock them for you with my automated script.

Lady Deathstrike is a bit uncertain though.

Mister Sinister
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)
X-23
Sabretooth (Marvel Comics)
Daken Akihiro

I don't think we have a profile for deathstrike, but those are the exact names of the profiles that we do have that would be affected. A few of them are already unlocked but I'm not sure if I have the permission to go ahead and make the changes yet given that only a few people have commented on this.

What's being suggested currently? From what I can tell, it's making Wolverine and those who scale from him Low-Mid, as well as making Mr. Sinister at least Low-Mid. Am I correct in that?

Thank you for the evaluations. Should we apply this now or wait a bit longer for further input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back