• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Mahito Regeneration Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read all of the thread but one thing to note is the last part of the OP is wrong, Mahito doesn't follow this "the soul is the body and the body is the soul" logic as Mahito himself said its probably not the same for everyone, and considering our CTs, we are different than each other which is what they referred to by "techniques dictates our worlds" if he still qualifies regardless then I don't mind though

Oh my bad. He has history of unstoppable wanking, so I was a bit unsurprised (for educational purposes, he is my best friend, don't report this to RvR)

I may help out if I could have a tldr summary.
Tldr:

- Curses form themselves out of their consciousnesses alone.

- In Mahito’s case, he’s big bad scary man who can’t die because his soul can’t be touched. In other words, nothing that you do to his physical body no matter how strong the attack is, matters so long as your attacks can’t harm his soul. He outright says as much.

A lot, he says it a lot, there’s a lot of other examples I could cite of him saying as much. And it’s like a whole thing in the story that he’s such a pain to deal with because few people he faces can actually harm his soul alongside his physical body when they encounter.

He also has other feats like blowing himself up to smithereens and other such statements that support this point, etcetera, etcetera.

All of it is more elaborated in the post above but this was the best tldr version I could do.

Don’t agree with Low-Godly. The fact his body isn’t completely erased to where his soul is all that remains and he regenerated everything back doesn’t help with the regen. Low high is fine.

Don’t agree with Low-Godly. The fact his body isn’t completely erased to where his soul is all that remains and he regenerated everything back doesn’t help with the regen. Low high is fine.
- Cursed spirits have a formed themselves from nothing but their consciousnesses alone

- Mahito directly states that “no matter how strong the attack is He won’t be harmed or die so long as the attack doesn’t harm his soul. Which fits the low-godly criteria and goes along his many other statements on the matter which supports godly level regeneration.

- Mahito does actually have a feat of reducing himself down to dust as well as that’s what happened when cursed spirits die and Mahito had to convince a Jujutsu sorcerer he was really dead when he blew himself up.

- Kenjaku’s earlier statement about the soul and the body being one helps prove the notion that you only need one half of one to be able to replicate the whole which gets later cemented by the fact that your soul’s information can be replicated off of body information alone. Ergo proving you would only need the soul to replicate the body in JJK as the inverse is shown to be true.

This got more elaborated in this post up top.

Even if I’m smashed to little pieces.

This doesn’t tell me anything on Low godly though. It would be low godly if his body was erased down to the last atom and all that remained is his soul. At best this just looks like type 8 immortality with his soul.

Yea, like I said before, Type 8 Immortality works best here with Low - High regen instead of a possible rating.

This doesn’t tell me anything on Low godly though. It would be low godly if his body was erased down to the last atom and all that remained is his soul. At best this just looks like type 8 immortality with his soul.

It doesn’t matter how strong the attack is, it has no effect on me if you can’t hit my soul.
An attack that’s capable of erasing him down to the last atom would be included in this statement.

Which is consistent with his other statements on the matter of his body also reforming so long as his soul is preserved. Along with the disaster curses forming themselves from their consciousnesses alone and his other feats on the matter.

Why does that specific text have to tell you something?

Curses can exist as merely as a consciousness without a body. If we take that in conjunction with Mahito’s statement about no attack being able to kill him unless it reached his soul. Then Mahito can regenerate his body from his soul the same way curses take form from their souls in the first place.

Why does that specific text have to tell you something?

Curses can exist as merely as a consciousness without a body. If we take that in conjunction with Mahito’s statement about no attack being able to kill him unless it reached his soul. Then Mahito can regenerate his body from his soul the same way curses take form from their souls in the first place.
leave it to the vsbw to turn the most blatant feat into a long thread

anyway i agree

It should be a complete destruction, the aforementioned text however does not state/imply that.

Curses can exist as merely a state of consciousness without a body. If we take that in conjunction with Mahito’s statement about no attack being able to kill him unless it reached his soul. Then Mahito can regenerate his body from his soul the same way curses take form from their souls in the first place.

This is the definition of immortality type 8. Also, no attacks being able to kill him is simply due to lack of NPI to his own soul.
We all know there is no feat on screen for Mahito achieving low-godly level.

@Maitreya That's a massive assumption there when the most damage we've seen from him is either implosion/flattening or anything else that doesn't go beyond Low-High. Plus the fact he specifies that "so long as my soul is intact I can come back" makes it sound more like it's a type 8 immortality based around his soul more than just "I can come back from only my soul and regenerate my body".

@Arnoldstone18 Because of the new standards for high tier regen requiring the lower aspects of your existence to be gone before you regenerate for it to count. Kratos from God of War has a similar type of feat where he came back from his soul being destroyed, but because his body was still intact during the feat as opposed to it being destroyed, it doesn't qualify for godly regen and was at best type 4 and 8 immortality.

Because of this, the disaster curses including of Jogo, Hanami, and Dagon should receive Mid/High-Godly regeneration as even if they are reduced down to nothing more than their consciousness, they can still form themselves with cursed energy. However, this rating would only be listed as over time and non-combat applicable as it takes time for cursed spirits to manifest themselves from just their minds.
Being reduced to only a consciousness is still only Low-Godly.

I agree with Low-Godly.

It seems very clear to me (at least) that the intent behind Mahito's statements is essentially "I will come back as long as I have my soul." Referring to his ability to simply regenerate his body however he pleases.

I don't see how this is too much of an assumption, especially when paired with evidence that cursed spirits form their bodies from nothing but abstract shit.

This could also come with Type 8, since he can survive as only a soul, and his soul must be destroyed to 'kill' him.

Plus the fact he specifies that "so long as my soul is intact I can come back" makes it sound more like it's a type 8 immortality based around his soul more than just "I can come back from only my soul and regenerate my body".
I agree with Low-Godly.

It seems very clear to me (at least) that the intent behind Mahito's statements is essentially "I will come back as long as I have my soul." Referring to his ability to simply regenerate his body however he pleases.
I don't see how this is too much of an assumption, especially when paired with evidence that cursed spirits form their bodies from nothing but abstract shit.

This could also come with Type 8, since he can survive as only a soul, and his soul must be destroyed to 'kill' him.
Glass Stop ignoring this Argument. You are constantly Ignoring the fact they already have feat for creating their body just with consciousness alone. You failed to tackle that point not even once.

Also as phoenix states you can have immortality type 8 and low godly regeneration. It doesn't Disapprove anything.

@Maitreya That's a massive assumption there when the most damage we've seen from him is either implosion/flattening or anything else that doesn't go beyond Low-High. Plus the fact he specifies that "so long as my soul is intact I can come back" makes it sound more like it's a type 8 immortality based around his soul more than just "I can come back from only my soul and regenerate my body".
I don’t think it would be an assumption at all really, it would just be going by Mahito’s words especially with what we know about his abilities on the matter. When Mahito says:

It doesn’t matter how strong the attack is

I don’t think it would be much of an assumption to say Mahito’s words are true on the matter given what we know about his ability. Whereas conversely, to say that Mahito’s body wouldn’t come back if a certain amount of it has been destroyed means that it WOULD matter how strong the attack he’s facing is. Thereby contradicting his words from this statement. I don’t think type 8 immortality and low-godly regen necessarily have to be mutually exclusive in this instance, especially since from what we’ve seen and been shown of Mahito, his ability of surviving through his soul pertains to shaping and reforming his own physical body as well.

(There’s also the chance that Mahito could’ve reduced himself down to to dust ((mid-high regen)) in his fight against Mechamaru which would be an even more substantial regen feat for him and giving more weight to his statements.)

Anyways, here are the current staff votes:

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus @Phoenks
Neutral:
Disagree: @Theglassman12

Seeing as how this is a slightly more contentions CRT, we probably need more staff input on the matter to reach a proper conclusion.

No disrespect to Phoenix, he is great friend of mine, but to maintain fairness, his vote does not count

Oh do content mods votes not count? Y’all literally get tortured for free huh 😭

Still not as bad as Calc Group Members’ job

@EldemadeDityjon and you’re ignoring the standard for how regen works now. You need the body to be destroyed to the point only the soul remains and then the body reforms from just the soul for this to remotely be treated as Low-Godly regen. Also can you post the scans where they say that they can reform form just their consciousness alone?

@Maitreya how hard someone hits can differ from fiction to fiction. It can just be “they knock someone out” type hard or “destroy every cell in their body” type hard. We’d need to know what this series qualifies that in the first place to get a better gauge on where the regen lands. Assuming the highest end possible is by definition an assumption.

@Planck69 @KingTempest @KLOL506 your inputs here would be appreciated.

@EldemadeDityjon and you’re ignoring the standard for how regen works now. You need the body to be destroyed to the point only the soul remains and then the body reforms from just the soul for this to remotely be treated as Low-Godly regen. Also can you post the scans where they say that they can reform form just their consciousness alone?
No one is ignoring the standard. You are just making this complex by using big assumption they can't reform the body.

They existed as consciousness
They formed their body

So if their body gets destroyed and goes back to being consciousness again what's stopping them from recreating the body from that same consciousness?
Hanami, Jogo and Dagon all exists as consciousnesses before gaining their bodies of cursed energy
4CSTKiBo24AnFv5LzGF91611754718.jpg

@Maitreya how hard someone hits can differ from fiction to fiction. It can just be “they knock someone out” type hard or “destroy every cell in their body” type hard. We’d need to know what this series qualifies that in the first place to get a better gauge on where the regen lands. Assuming the highest end possible is by definition an assumption.

@Planck69 @KingTempest @KLOL506 your inputs here would be appreciated.
Can you elaborate what exactly I need to give input on?

Can you elaborate what exactly I need to give input on?
I agree with Low-Godly.

Simple explanation you can get regarding this thread is this.

@KLOL506 if the Low-Godly stuff they’re arguing is legit or not given the stricter standard that’s given to higher tier regen.

@EldemadeDityjon Is Mahito stated to constantly use curse energy to reform or no? Because I don’t recall seeing any statements from him using curse energy to reform his body around his soul

@EldemadeDityjon Is Mahito stated to constantly use curse energy to reform or no? Because I don’t recall seeing any statements from him using curse energy to reform his body around his soul
Mahito implies as long as he has ce he can keep regenerating. And we see in his fight with Yuji he's unable to regenerate properly. Could be wrong i'll check for it.

Can think of it like this: Mahito's CT requires CE, without CE he can't use the CT so he needs CE to use the CT. Also I was right, after getting hit numerous times by BF in their fight, Mahito doesn't heal his body from the damage.

And then there's this for Nanami saying it,
0023-012.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back