• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Gorgon Chronicles (Marvel Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcker123

He/Him
I've had this in my back pocket for a while, so here it is done.

This CRT is a comprehensive rewrite of the profile of Tomi Shishido. I fixed up the whole profile and made it far more comprehensive. Everything from renders, intelligence, and ability justifications.

Abilities:
Weapon Mastery (Is able to fight with a variety of swords, and a replica of Wolverine's claws[6]), Enhanced Senses (To compensate for his mutant abilities, Gorgon became highly adept in fighting whilst blindfolded[1]. Was able to hold his own against an entire SHIELD strike team[7], despite their usage of psionic blockers, and his lack of sight), Marksmanship (When at a distance, Gorgon can throw his sword with incredible precision. Whilst still blindfolded, his thrown sword would have killed Nick Fury had he not been moved out of the way, even though he was being grappled by multiple assailants[8]), Social Influencing (Gorgon's position as head of various influential terrorist groups allow him to control large amounts of men for combative[9], or supportive purposes[10]), Genius Intelligence (Gorgon in his youth was a born prodigy in art and mathematics able to read and write by his first birthday[3]), Stealth Mastery (Gorgon is a master assassin trained in ninjutsu[11]. He was capable of sneaking past Wolverine's senses to attack him[3]. Snuck up on, and attacked Elektra without her noticing his presence[12]), Non-Physical Interaction (The Godkiller and Grasscutter blades were made to be able to slay gods[15], as their creation was commissioned by Zeus, and Amatsu-Mikaboshi to end their war), Immortality and Regeneration (Types 3, 4, 7, and 8 - Mid; Gorgon possesses a healing factor[16] that is able to rapidly heal wounds to his organs[7] and was able to regenerate after being shot in the head[17]. Gorgon can be resurrected from the dead by the Hand's magic, becoming an undead warrior[1]),
Resistances:

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (Gorgon is a Mutant genius who became highly skilled in multiple forms of math and art. Even as a child, Gorgon displayed genius level feats of intellect and skill over the arts, such as becoming one of Japan's best painters at four years old. At just thirteen years old, Gorgon was capable of creating a mathematical formula proving the existence of God. Gorgon is a capable leader as well, being skilled enough to lead several criminal organizations such as the Hand and Hydra. As a combatant, Gorgon's skill is respected and among the highest amongst his peers, being able to defeat several of Marvel's best martial artists such as Shang Chi and Elektra effortlessly)
to
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (Gorgon is a mutant prodigy who is highly skilled in multiple forms of mathematics, art, and ninjutsu[35]. His genius allowed him to become advanced in several fields[36]. Gorgon's intellect additionally extends to an in depth mastery of mystical techniques[37], which allow him to perform resurrections[38], and manipulate the dragon under Madripoor[39]. Gorgon displays advanced knowledge over technology, and biology, as shown when he, along with other Hydra members, were able to reprogram Wolverine's mind into subservience to Hydra. Gorgon accomplished this by implanting an entirely new consciousness into Wolverine's psyche, and manipulating parts of his personality by directly modifying his brain. Gorgon also shows himself to be a capable chemist, as he planned to study the Regenix drug in his plan to take over Madripoor[40]. Gorgon was additionally able to comprehend, Reed Richard's secret research, and help turn his designs into weapons that could eliminate all life on earth[41]. Even as a child, Gorgon displayed feats of intellect no normal human could replicate at such an age, speaking his first words by two weeks old, walking by three months old, becoming literate by his first birthday, being acclaimed as one of Japan's best painters at four years old, and composing opera's at six years of age[1]. At just thirteen years old, Gorgon was capable of creating a mathematical formula proving the existence of God[1]. Gorgon is a highly capable strategist, leader, and planner, having devised a highly elaborate trap to lure Wolverine to Japan by kidnapping the son of his friend[3]. By making the abduction look like a mistake, Gorgon was able to successfully force Wolverine into negotiating with the kidnappers by making it appear as a relatively normal ransom demand, all the while preparing an ambush for him, which was just a further distraction that allowed Gorgon to kill Wolverine with a subsequent attack. Gorgon uses his murder, and subsequent capture of Wolverine as a further ploy to destroy SHIELD's entire infrastructure. He planted Wolverine in South America after brainwashing him, intentionally making his location available to SHIELD in order to have Wolverine attack them internally after they recovered him[3]. Within seventy-two hours of his leadership, unifying the powerful organizations of Hand, and Hydra, Gorgon was able to hatch a series of plans that allowed Hydra to capture Elektra and hundreds of other super-people, eventually orchestrating attacks on SHIELD themselves, destroying a Helicarrier, and all other backup stations in one fell swoop[1]. Gorgon's strategic mind allowed him to form and lead the Dawn of the White Light, a terrorist group that unleashed several terror attacks upon Japan[1]. Gorgon is furthermore one of the most skilled fighters within the Marvel universe. His genius has made him a master of several martial arts forms[42], and possesses an impressive repertoire of victories over highly skilled martial artists, having defeated Elektra[12], Shang Chi[43], and Wolverine[7], with Wolverine admitting that despite his vast arsenal of combat techniques, and experience, competing with Gorgon's skill is hopeless[31]. Gorgon is skilled enough to mimic Wolverine's fighting style, and was able to use said fighting style to combat Iron Fist in a fight[44]. Gorgon's intellect, lethality, and versatility are all factors in him being consistently regarded as one of the most deadly mutants in the world[45], even in league with Magneto, Apocalypse, and the Living Monolith[46].
As I tend to do, I went full nerd and comprehensive with the intelligence section. Shame Hickman forgot that Gorgon was meant to be highly intelligent and not "stoic and evil Silver Samurai"

Speed: Transonic running speed (Should be comparable to Black Panther due to being relative to characters like Wolverine[7][Statistics Values 2]), Hypersonic combat and reaction speed (Consistently able to react to gunfire[24]. Comparable, if not superior, to Wolverine[7][Statistics Values 3])

Added Transonic speed since that's where we scale the street tiers movement speed to and Gorgon lacks a movement speed scale on profile. Minor thing.

Since this in no way affects the High 1-B cosmology scaling, but rather simply scales some weapons towards it, I did not feel it necessary to beg Ultima for attention.

The most controversial part of this CRT is obviously going to be me giving the Godkiller and Grasscutter blades High 1-B AP and durability. Whilst this may seem absurd, I believe the lore behind the swords is very consistent. Consistent enough for a "possibly" rating that I gave it.

The feats in question are simple. The blade is shown being able to harm High 1-B gods like Amatsu Mikaboshi, along with other gods within the marvel universe, and their lore is consistent with that, as the swords were forged to be beyond something sharp, commissioned by Zeus and Amatsu Mikaboshi in order to end the war between their pantheons. The swords were also created with the intent to be perfect weapons, meant for High 1-B gods such as Zeus and Amatsu. This strongly supports the interpretations that beings like Zeus and Amatsu value the power of the blades, which supports the consistency of them scaling to them, which is further made consistent by the swords feats and statements of harming deities. The swords lack any real anti feats, as they are never shown failing to cut anything, let alone anything beneath High 1-B, still though, since the blades don't have the most extensive publication history, I believe possibly suffices given all of this lore.

TLDR; They are a bunch of magical swords created to kill High 1-B's, and are repeatedly shown and stated to be capable of doing such.
Agree: @Excel616, @Milly_Rocking_BanditNeutral: Disagree:
X-Men: Marvel's Most Savage Mutants Are Scared of One Villain

Last edited:
I would move his resistances into their own tabber and put his equipment-based abilities at the bottom of his P&A so they’re not mixed in with his innate abilities.

I disagree with the Transonic running speed. Wolverine doesn’t have it, so I don’t see why Gorgon would get it by scaling to Wolverine.

I disagree with the Transonic running speed. Wolverine doesn’t have it, so I don’t see why Gorgon would get it by scaling to Wolverine
I assumed that the transonic thing was the scale for all of the super soldier tiers, and that wolverine doesn't have it listed die to poor upkeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back