• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible viltrumite regeneration upgrade and possible type 2 immortality (spoilers so don't read if you are a show only)

This is a somewhat simple update we have seen many feats of natural viltrumite regeneration through the comic run and some of them are quite a bit higher than mid-low

First one that I would like to use is the battle between battle beast and thragg:
jd3fe7yo_BdqFIy3uscGrerkk3cgDaIC1ZwZhyyDhrneWM0d6InsA4B-6IAeeRanwIygXqpoWMCx=s1600
_aKAC8Iq9NfZR6pR4vZeghUs_pPua3VzZmdBBvEt3DKOl5_2rNBNOALKljjifGZ0IU_MkokRxD_v=s1600
dXUG83hT7u0JPFrmaNFt4f23ec-gXeIlZ3J8UslKtaIasE0gMHum_8h3JG3kZJzGqIwa7JytWk26=s1600
cgUokSmGrhAI9XLIxZORFneVNHM6GmyaMb5BlvIGxrG2YGnAhiRtKaXQF_49F3AyEQEftRbCekLo=s1600

During the fight with battle beast thragg had his guts spilled, his eye bit out and his brain exposed and by the end of the fight (which took several days) the wound on his abdomen has started to close and his eye that was fully gouged out has started to reform. This demonstrates High-low regen that is somewhat combat applicable as viltrumites can fight for days on end.

Now for the none combat applicable regen:
HCk3pY2osZTEKn8ZaVlJO5xiZ_57du_wCFWd_cr2wcLmkU5ZXYqI0Ery2J9denGDYXfep9EyGvwx=s1600
G90AUyhZD51kTkOPlHFbpGELsiZwKh5PlpnAFjp7WaRIkVs0Nx_Z-WeFo-nI3cEL3bQ23MvX0M5o=s1600
bjMI2VOgXbjwz36YS1wQNA14E46MrCKTHx-as9fh4IBvjv490h1OcfyEmjNsKEzZZzt7A9bOUim-=s1600
sKIMPX9e9D1rDqA1H5i-76Sfyhjc5wczOme6ehucUlDfHI8YHGto4a7pIGh-SqBzVKWp8Z4ny_Pb=s1600

Here we have mark after his fight with conquest, he had his rib cage fully shattered, his intestines ripped out multiple organ ruptures and likely a shattered spine and the only reason as to why the process of healing took month being that his bones where shattered quite badly.
2023-11-28_220234.png

This is clearly a showing of low-mid regeneration over time as mark is able to regenerate sever organ damage without much outside help although this is not combat applicable as this type of damage is likely to take a viltrumite out of the fight for a while.

This also brings me to the type 2 immortality argument, many of these showing demonstrate the viltrumite ability to fight on with injuries that would put most people into the ground, Thragg had his guts spilled and his brain exposed and bitten into by battle beast and yet he was able to fight for nearly a week without passing out or showing any impact on his combat ability.

So Tl;dr
High-low combat applicable regen, low-Mid none combat applicable regen for all viltrumites as well as potential type 2 immortality for being able to fight with life threatening injuries for days on end .

Last edited:
Immortality is a no-go since decapitation and heart damage kills them for sure. Accelerated healing is not applicable to combat as most fights do not last entire days.

Immortality is a no-go since decapitation and heart damage kills them for sure. Accelerated healing is not applicable to combat as most fights do not last entire days.
I mean Type 2 immortality has its levels and limits, it can go from something akin to being able to survive brain damage that would put most 6 feet under to being something like alex mercer from prototype and being able to survive full on decaptiation and brain death and still keep on trucking.

Resilient Immortality: Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal. This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc.

So I feel that vultramites kinda fit the criteria

as for regen I suppose mid-low will remain as the combat applicable one.

Type 2 applies to anything that is usually unsurvivable by normal human standards. Extreme blood loss can count as well as getting a hole punched through your torso, brain damage, or dismemberment.
Just because the fight lasted for several days doesn't mean it took several days for the wounds to heal. The two of them were equally matched and had some crazy stamina so it went on for a while. If anything that would make Thragg's regeneration more impressive as him and Battle Beast were constantly dealing damage to each other and he only emerged victorious thanks to his regeneration.
By the way, I agree with this thread.

Back