• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Mahito Regeneration Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay from a glance alone I don't think this qualifies for Low-Godly, because none of it mentions if he's reshaping a brand new body or bits of the already-destroyed one.

Low-Godly Regen explicitly demands that you regenerate a brand new body, lock-stock-and-barrel from nothing but your soul, and I don't see that happening here. So, disagree on this one.

Okay from a glance alone I don't think this qualifies for Low-Godly, because none of it mentions if he's reshaping a brand new body or bits of the already-destroyed one.

Low-Godly Regen explicitly demands that you regenerate a brand new body, lock-stock-and-barrel from nothing but your soul, and I don't see that happening here. So, disagree on this one.
Why can't he Regenerate his body from Consciousness when they already have feats
4CSTKiBo24AnFv5LzGF91611754718.jpg

Can think of it like this: Mahito's CT requires CE, without CE he can't use the CT so he needs CE to use the CT. Also I was right, after getting hit numerous times by BF in their fight, Mahito doesn't heal his body from the damage.

And then there's this for Nanami saying it,
0023-012.png
Yeah Gojo also said CE is like electricity for CTs, so it's something for all CTs

I am changing my mind too, and disagree based on theglassman's reasons. We all agree that there are no feats for the regeneration. We are simply assuming it based on the statements.

I feel like the consciousness stuff is more of a cursed spirit thing altogether, they are still "here" as a conscious but they can't keep regenerating from that, it takes a century for them to come back so even if qualifying, it would be a very limited form of low godly and not be applicable to combat. Mahito's soul and consciousness are different as well. I think more so, this is just soul based type 8 immo rather than low godly.

Wait for @Maitreya’s response. I’m busy at the moment so I can’t help him.

Basically what you’re seeing here are rehashed arguments against the OP that have been brought up before and addressed thoroughly.

Why can't he Regenerate his body from Consciousness when they already have feats
He needs to regenerate a brand new body, brand spanking new, not regenerate parts of his destroyed remains.

It'd be like making a brand new car from thin air, instead of a restomod from scrap metal or recycled parts.

@Maitreya how hard someone hits can differ from fiction to fiction. It can just be “they knock someone out” type hard or “destroy every cell in their body” type hard. We’d need to know what this series qualifies that in the first place to get a better gauge on where the regen lands. Assuming the highest end possible is by definition an assumption.
But he’s saying it DOESN’T matter how hard you hit. So both those conditions would fall under that statement. We don’t need to know what this series qualifies as “how hard someone hits” because Mahito is saying NO MATTER how hard you hit him, it won’t work so long as you can’t touch his soul.

So it’s not an assumption at all, it’s literally just how the statement is phrased.

@Maitreya how hard someone hits can differ from fiction to fiction. It can just be “they knock someone out” type hard or “destroy every cell in their body” type hard. We’d need to know what this series qualifies that in the first place to get a better gauge on where the regen lands. Assuming the highest end possible is by definition an assumption.

In this series, Mahito’s comrade, Jogo, is able to vaporize people. Mahito is aware of Gojo’s purple which is basically void manipulation. There are many ways in the verse that can reduce Mahito to nothing but a soul. So the statement directly describes ““destroy every cell in their body” type hard”.

@Arnoldstone18 Because of the new standards for high tier regen requiring the lower aspects of your existence to be gone before you regenerate for it to count. Kratos from God of War has a similar type of feat where he came back from his soul being destroyed, but because his body was still intact during the feat as opposed to it being destroyed, it doesn't qualify for godly regen and was at best type 4 and 8 immortality.

I understand, but does the new standard go as far as to outright ignore statements? At least Kratos had his body to return to. Mahito’s statement implies that he doesn’t need a body to regenerate as long as his consciousness is intact. And yes, to answer your question asked to @EldemadeDityjon, cursed spirits possess cursed energy as long as they literally still exist. Their existence is curse energy given form. So since they exist and act as a mere state of consciousness, Mahito can still use his cursed technique to manipulate his soul and regenerate whereas any other cursed spirit will be lost, unable to do anything as a mere consciousness and eventually come back with bodies indirectly, through cursed energy born from human emotions, much later. After all, cursed energy comes from human emotions, cursed spirits comes from cursed energy and human emotions will always be a thing as long as humans themselves exist. However the only way to destroy cursed spirits forever is to eradicate all human non sorcerers, kinda like a forced Darwinism and nobody wants that lol. I wonder how this series would end.

Yeah upon first glance this shit ain't qualifying for Mid-Godly or High-Godly either.

Currently they work like this:

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of one's body, mind, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, soul, and at least one other fundamental aspect of a character's existence. Such an aspect could be their place in the narrative, their history, their information (Type 2), their concept, et cetera. For any aspect to qualify, destruction of that aspect must cause erasure of the character in some form and it must be shown that the character cannot exist without that fundamental aspect existing as well; in addition it must not be something that would ordinarily be restored by regenerating body, mind, or soul. As such, type 3 concepts must be evaluated with care and aspects which are not sufficiently expanded upon to make a judgement will not to qualify.

In both these cases, you would need to regenerate brand, spanking-new aspects responsible for your existence (In the case of Mid-Godly, your body, mind and soul, as long as your concepts or your history or your place in narrative exists. And in the case of High-Godly, you need to regenerate beyond the destruction of even those and come back with brand new aspects of your existence).

Consciousness falls under the "mind" aspect. And I don't see them regenerating from the destruction of that here either, only that they "gained" it.

Yeah upon first glance this shit ain't qualifying for Mid-Godly or High-Godly either.

Currently they work like this:

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of one's body, mind, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, soul, and at least one other fundamental aspect of a character's existence. Such an aspect could be their place in the narrative, their history, their information (Type 2), their concept, et cetera. For any aspect to qualify, destruction of that aspect must cause erasure of the character in some form and it must be shown that the character cannot exist without that fundamental aspect existing as well; in addition it must not be something that would ordinarily be restored by regenerating body, mind, or soul. As such, type 3 concepts must be evaluated with care and aspects which are not sufficiently expanded upon to make a judgement will not to qualify.

In both these cases, you would need to regenerate brand, spanking-new aspects responsible for your existence (In the case of Mid-Godly, your body, mind and soul, as long as your concepts or your history or your place in narrative exists. And in the case of High-Godly, you need to regenerate beyond the destruction of even those and come back with brand new aspects of your existence).

Consciousness falls under the "mind" aspect. And I don't see them regenerating from the destruction of that here either, only that they "gained" it.

Mid Godly? High Godly? My Bro I was arguing for Low Godly for Mahito alone 👀.

I swear to god I saw a post in this thread earlier explaining to me some powerscaling BS about how the Soul in JJK is composed of type 2 information and conceptual manipulation so Low-Godly would be too low actually which was the whole reason I even put Mid/High-godly to begin with when I didn’t even plan to originally but I guess I must’ve dreamed that. Idk

Forget about that then, just focus on Mahito low-godly like the original purpose of the CRT was.

I mean if whoever brought up Cursed Spirit’s souls being type 2 info proves it then no problem 👀. Did you see me agreeing to that shit?
I’m like mildly infuriated I can’t find that post anymore because I specifically remember that being the whole basis I bumped up the regeneration scaling when it wasn’t originally mentioned in the OP 😭

Hold up, Mait IS COOKING FOR High Godly????? Oh naw, let him cook
I’m not cooking shit with High-Godly Dread

I’d burn the damn kitchen down 🗿

I don’t think it would be an assumption at all really, it would just be going by Mahito’s words especially with what we know about his abilities on the matter. When Mahito says:

I don’t think it would be much of an assumption to say Mahito’s words are true on the matter given what we know about his ability. Whereas conversely, to say that Mahito’s body wouldn’t come back if a certain amount of it has been destroyed means that it WOULD matter how strong the attack he’s facing is. Thereby contradicting his words from this statement. I don’t think type 8 immortality and low-godly regen necessarily have to be mutually exclusive in this instance, especially since from what we’ve seen and been shown of Mahito, his ability of surviving through his soul pertains to shaping and reforming his own physical body as well.

(There’s also the chance that Mahito could’ve reduced himself down to to dust ((mid-high regen)) in his fight against Mechamaru which would be an even more substantial regen feat for him and giving more weight to his statements.)

Anyways, here are the current staff votes:

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus @Phoenks
Neutral:
Disagree: @Theglassman12

Seeing as how this is a slightly more contentions CRT, we probably need more staff input on the matter to reach a proper conclusion.
This has already been said but Phoenix is from another wiki.

Mid Godly? High Godly? My Bro I was arguing for Low Godly for Mahito alone 👀.
image.png

Anyway, I am still in the opinion that the entire thing is only mid-high at maximum, further levels requires further feats.

@Maitreya That's still a NLF to just assume the highest end possible for a regen without any explicit feats on said level. The vaporization feat might help with this case.

@Arnoldstone18 That void manipulation part, does it elaborate on it affecting his body and not his soul? Cause if so I can see Low godly from there.

If said statement is not further elaborated on with actual feats of regen we don't automatically assume the highest end possible. Its the same reason why we treat every starry sky feat as 4-A at best as opposed to 3-A or Low 2-C as we always go for a lowball assumption if we're never given explicit statements on what's happening. Can I see the scan where it says he uses curse energy to reform his body around his soul? If that exists then I'd be fine with Low-Godly.

Okay after reading it now ☠️, he does make sense. He’s arguing that the soul is a type 2 info. So with all things considered I guess it works if the souls are accepted to be human emotions themselves.

@Arnoldstone18 That void manipulation part, does it elaborate on it affecting his body and not his soul? Cause if so I can see Low godly from there.
Gojo can see and interact with souls, Unlimited Void can affect the souls as well, I don't think his attacks should be used to give Mahito a high-level regeneration as he's someone on par with Sukuna who made Mahito shit on himself and almost killed him

Gojo can see and interact with souls, Unlimited Void can affect the souls as well, I don't think his attacks should be used to give Mahito a high-level regeneration as he's someone on par with Sukuna who made Mahito shit on himself and almost killed him

????

Since when was it stated that Ulimited Void can affect the soul?

And Sukuna can destroy the soul too… that’s why Mahito was afraid of him. Please do not leave out context next time. It’s misleading.

Unlimited Void can affect the souls as well,

Now that I think about it… You must be referring to Megumi now lol. Its affecting Megumi’s mind. And I was referring to hollow purple.

Then yeah the void part for the Mahito argument doesn't help at all if he's gonna die from it, so count me as disagree for this.

No I was referring Hollow purple. Not Unlimited Void.

@Maitreya That's still a NLF to just assume the highest end possible for a regen without any explicit feats on said level. The vaporization feat might help with this case.

If said statement is not further elaborated on with actual feats of regen we don't automatically assume the highest end possible. Its the same reason why we treat every starry sky feat as 4-A at best as opposed to 3-A or Low 2-C as we always go for a lowball assumption if we're never given explicit statements on what's happening. Can I see the scan where it says he uses curse energy to reform his body around his soul? If that exists then I'd be fine with Low-Godly.
My friend it wouldn’t be a NLF, it would just be a statement of truth. If Mahito has low-godly regeneration then it wouldn’t matter if the attack is building level or universe level in terms of AP, it wouldn’t work on him so long as it doesn’t affect his soul. And including the highest end possible of destruction for Mahito in this statement wouldn’t be a NLF either because the very nature of the statement itself includes that notion with it when he says “it doesn’t matter how strong the attack is.”

And given the proposition to be true, this statement by Mahito would also be true as however strong the attack he’s facing is wouldn’t matter so long as it doesn’t impact his soul. Which AP doesn’t inherently do on its own. However, if you say the proposition is false, then this statement by Mahito must also be false and thereby contradicted because then it WOULD matter how strong the attack he’s facing is as too strong of a move would destroy his body beyond recovery going by the current standards but goes against Mahito’s words on the matter. So I don’t particularly see how this would be a no limits fallacy either.

Do you mean this statement of Mahito talking about the disaster curses including himself about how they gained consciousness before they gained form and that cursed energy was used to give their bodies form from their consciousnesses or this statement about Mahito’s body always tightly conforming to the shape of the soul? Or maybe this one where he says “magic energy” (read: cursed energy) is a kind of “self sufficiency” for him when in reference to his body being destroyed but his soul being fine is what you’re looking for.

Mid godly regen would only be valid if Mahito showed feats of his body getting destroyed entirely. And the reason is that the soul is really just information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back