• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Mahito Regeneration Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitreya12

Bronze Supporter
Time for another Jujutsu Kaisen thread everybody :)

Basically I was looking over Mahito’s profile and noticed his regeneration has been downgraded to At least High-Mid, Possibly Low-High now. I think however that this rating should be upgraded to At least Low-High, Possibly Low-Godly instead as I think the rating far better suits Mahito’s profile based on how he both describes how his ability to reform functions and of what we know about the relationship between the soul and the body in Jujutsu Kaisen.

Mahito’s explanation on how his regeneration works:​

To first go over why I think this possibly rating should be upgraded, we need to look at Mahito’s explanation for how his “regeneration” works in the series.

As such, the way Mahito describes it, he’s not really “healing” at all. Instead he’s altering and changing the shape of his soul which in turn changes the configuration of the body. The body tightly conforms to the soul which is how Mahito is able to perform his Idle transfiguration technique.

The reason it’s not healing is because there’s nothing to “heal” from. Mahito at all times is consciously preserving the integrity of his soul. As such no attack can harm hit so long as it doesn’t hit his soul. It’s for that exact reason that he was so shocked that Yuji could harm him in the first place, why he called him his “natural enemy.” It’s because Yuji is actually capable of touching the shape of Mahito’s soul and thereby actually be able to harm him.

This explanation by Mahito is textbook Low-Godly regeneration because as specified on the page, it is “The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else” which perfectly matches Mahito’s explanation about how “no attack can harm him so long as it doesn’t harm my soul” because his regeneration is entirely based off his soul. His body has no bearing to it as Mahito says many times over throughout the series.

This gets further reinforced by how characters such as Kokichi Muta, who can build giant mechas with incineration canons, had to resort to using techniques capable of destroying Mahito’s soul in order to damage him. Even with all the insane technology he had at his disposal the fact that he opted to find a way to harm Mahito’s soul validates his claim about it not mattering how much damage his body takes, his soul is what counts.

All that alongside his already really good feats of being able to reform himself even after doing things like blowing himself up I think is more than enough to validate the possibly low-godly regeneration upgrade I am proposing. However there is still one more thing I’d like to mention to further solidify the notion that Mahito does not need any part of his body to reform himself.

The Relationship between the Soul and the Body:​

The reason Mahito shouldn’t need any part of his body to still be able to reform himself is because the soul inherently carries the bodies information with it and the body inherently carries the soul’s information within it as well.

The soul is the body and the body is the soul. They are one and the same.

It was for this reason that Getou was able to momentarily resist Kenjaku’s control over his body despite his soul already having long since passed.

And even more notably, it was because of this unique relationship that Toji was able to take control of the body he inhabited. It’s even explicitly noted that none of Toji’s “soul information” was being summoned, only his “bodies information” was. However, because the body’s information inherently carries the soul and all its information alongside with it, Toji’s “body” was able to overcome the guy’s soul and thus, override and take over.

Because of these showings, Mahito’s soul should not need any part of his body to remain for him to reform himself after its destruction, no matter the severity. As his soul inherently already carries his “bodies information” within it, thereby meaning there’s no need for “his body” to remain since it’s always kept within “his soul.” Adding more credibility to the fact that Mahito’s life is solely dependent on his soul and the damage it suffers.

summary…Mahito stays winning.

desktop-wallpaper-mahito-jujutsu-kaisen-anime-board.jpg

As such, the way Mahito describes it, he’s not really “healing” at all. Instead he’s altering and changing the shape of his soul which in turn changes the configuration of the body. The body tightly conforms to the soul which is how Mahito is able to perform his Idle transfiguration technique.
This explanation by Mahito is textbook Low-Godly regeneration because as specified on the page, it is “The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else” which perfectly matches Mahito’s explanation about how “no attack can harm him so long as it doesn’t harm my soul” because his regeneration is entirely based off his soul. His body has no bearing to it as Mahito says many times over throughout the series.

These two don't follow.

He isn't healing or regenerating as you said, he's manipulating his soul and shaping his body along with it. Low godly is about regenerating from the complete destruction of your physical body, if Mahito shapes his soul to reshape his body then he would actually need his body for the reshaping to occur, so if he's completely atomized, then there will be no body to reshape as it's been deconstructed beyond being a "body". So I disagree with low godly as a possible rating.

These two don't follow.

He isn't healing or regenerating as you said, he's manipulating his soul and shaping his body along with it. Low godly is about regenerating from the complete destruction of your physical body, if Mahito shapes his soul to reshape his body then he would actually need his body for the reshaping to occur, so if he's completely atomized, then there will be no body to reshape as it's been deconstructed beyond being a "body". So I disagree with low godly as a possible rating.
We see that he’s not just “reshaping” the body but actively regenerating and regrowing more parts of his body. He can fully regrow himself as evident by how he’s even blown himself up before and was still able to make a new body for himself right after. It stands to reason that just like how the body contain’s the soul’s information, the soul contains the bodies information. So it wouldn’t matter if he lost his body and was just left with his soul because as Kenjaku states: his soul is his body and his body is his soul. They are one in the same so Mahito would still always have a “body” even if he was reduced to just nothing more than his “soul” based on what we know about the relationship between the body and the soul in JJK

bro did not notice that Mahito got no diff negged by Sukana.
Lady didn’t notice that Sukuna is Mahito’s natural enemy and is actually able to touch his soul with his attacks too 🗿

We see that he’s not just “reshaping” the body but actively regenerating and regrowing more parts of his body. He can fully regrow himself as evident by how he’s even blown himself up before and was still able to make a new body for himself right after. It stands to reason that just like how the body contain’s the soul’s information, the soul contains the bodies information. So it wouldn’t matter if he lost his body and was just left with his soul because as Kenjaku states: his soul is his body and his body is his soul. They are one in the same so Mahito would still always have a “body” even if he was reduced to just nothing more than his “soul” based on what we know about the relationship between the body and the soul in JJK
You know while looking at the Kenjaku statement, I notice that going by Kenjaku, we would also be including memories in the body information as he says the body still retains them.

But also Mahito says "Does it have to be the same for everyone? Considering our cursed techniques, you and I practically live in different worlds" and then Kenjaku basically accepts that interpretation and that their techniques are what dicate their worlds. So I don't think Kenjaku's interpretation is meant to be literal nor is it meant to be a standard for the verse to follow.

I would like to also point out that Yaga replicates soul information from physical information which would go against Mahito being able to create a physical body from his soul and to support that we see when Mahito fights Mechamaru, he gets his soul destroyed partially and instead of simply regrowing a new physical arm from his soul he reshapes his soul to make it appear as though he regenerated.

I don't mind if "reshaping" was used in the context to regenerate, we should not really be focusing on the method, but rather the outcome, which we all agree with, he actually "regenerated it".

You know while looking at the Kenjaku statement, I notice that going by Kenjaku, we would also be including memories in the body information as he says the body still retains them.
Yes?
But also Mahito says "Does it have to be the same for everyone? Considering our cursed techniques, you and I practically live in different worlds" and then Kenjaku basically accepts that interpretation and that their techniques are what dicate their worlds. So I don't think Kenjaku's interpretation is meant to be literal nor is it meant to be a standard for the verse to follow.
It definitely is considered literal since immediately after Kenjaku made this statement we had the whole incident with Toji, which proves his earlier statement with how it was explicitly noted that Grandma only took Toji’s “body information” and intentionally excluded the soul’s information so to avoid the person being possessed. But it still happened regardless because of that relationship between the soul and the body that Kenjaku earlier mentioned.

But even still, going by how Mahito described how he recovers and reforms his body, his explanation perfectly fits the low-godly criteria.
I would like to also point out that Yaga replicates soul information from physical information which would go against Mahito being able to create a physical body from his soul and to support that we see when Mahito fights Mechamaru, he gets his soul destroyed partially and instead of simply regrowing a new physical arm from his soul he reshapes his soul to make it appear as though he regenerated.
This actually really proves my point as well? Since as Yaga stated, “soul information can be replicated off physical information alone” so by extension, going off of Kenjaku’s statement, you should also be able to replicate Body Information off of just soul information alone as well. Since the inverse is proven to be true and validating the statement by Kenjaku.

Also for the case with Mechamaru, yeah he can’t regenerate his soul however the only way to hurt is through the soul itself, any physical attack on his body is useless as it doesn’t target the soul. Hence why Mechamaru, the giant laser shooting robot, had to develop a special technique specifically catered to destroying the soul, instead of opting to just use an extreme attack to totally destroy his body. Because from what we know of how Mahito’s regeneration works, nothing done to the body would affect him.

Anyway to my own stance, I can grasp the idea (but you really can't call it textbook if it requires that much of context and implications), Mahito is not always winning and he got no diffed by my fav handsome character Sakuna

Aside from my jokes (yes @Ped2018 , I will joke on my best friend thread), I would rather give it "likely" rating. This is my stance, its not a direct regeneration, but also it's outcome is still regeneration. Likely is because we never saw him on-screen to actually regenerate it in low godly level.

Neutral for now tho i should mention that Nanami states that he can kill Mahito by destroying his whole body with one attack
u1teFPq.jpg

(i'm not very knowledgeable about jjk so do correct me if i'm wrong)

so to break it down

1 the body conforms to the shape of the soul
2 mahito can change the shape of his soul
3 his body changes along with his soul
4 any damage dealt to him is ineffective as long as the shape of his soul isn't affected
5 the body is the soul and the soul is the body

from what i understood, the soul still needs a host, there is nothing to indicate the soul can exist independently from the physical body or in case said body was destroyed and turned to ashes

at best, all that means is as long as his soul is intact and there is some bits of his body remaining,he can still "patch" himself up, but not in case his entire body was turned to ashes

so i agree with the low-high regen ,not so much the low-godly tho

edit: also if you can avoid spoilers, please do so, i'm waiting for the gojo vs sukuna fight to finish before binge reading the entire thing, i only watched season 1 so far and i loved every part of it...but i do know that sukuna escaped and took over megumi because my friends are d*cks so there is that

I don't know that it should get into Low Godly but it should definitely be upped to Mid-High or High. There's no evidence that he is capable of actually coming back from complete bodily destruction. The proposal given is just conjecture, and in the multiple panels of Mahito being 'blown up' we never see absolute destruction of every part of his body. Its quite likely that, given how explosions work, there was at least some chunk of stray body part left over, from which we know he would be capable of regenerating from.

I think its plausible as Hanami, Jogo and Dagon all exists as consciousnesses before gaining their bodies of cursed energy that we know existed, and Mahito being part of the disaster curse family possible was the same, plus given him talking about coming back from complete destruction from of his body I feel it would be more true than not. I'd same a likely low-godly is fair.
4CSTKiBo24AnFv5LzGF91611754718.jpg

Mahito also plainly repeats many times throughout the story that “no matter how strong the attack is, if it can’t touch my soul it won’t hurt me.”

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_128_12.jpg

….how?…

Anyways I was just about to make a post outlining all the evidence for whatever godly regen Mahito should acquire, but this point I don’t get since I don’t see how this would be type 8 immortality over godly regeneration.
"Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to survive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify."

He has no feats or statements for complete physical destruction. Even Possibly Low-Godly doesn't work here.
You can have both immortality type 9 and low godly regeneration together.
Depends on the context, and I'm talking about Type 8 not Type 9.

"Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to survive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify."

He has no feats or statements for complete physical destruction. Even Possibly Low-Godly doesn't work here.

Depends on the context, and I'm talking about Type 8 not Type 9.
Having immortality doesn't Disapprove of Regeneration and yes context here is they can exists as consciousness and reform their bodies which is enough to grant low godly regeneration.

Typo mistake regarding tyoe9. My bad. Still my point stands.

Last edited:

This still is confusing because Mahito isn’t “resurrecting” himself, he’s flat out regenerating his body because his soul wasn’t harmed. Many of his statements and the things said in the series also indicate his body would regenerate even after complete physical destruction. The scan up above even says “no matter how strong the attack is, it won’t affect me because it doesn’t harm my soul” indicating again even if his body was completely destroyed, it wouldn’t affect him. Along with other such evidences such as “the soul being the body and the body being the soul” for example which 100% demonstrates that even just having either the soul or the body by itself is enough to restore the other half due to the inherent linkage between the two.

Meaning Mahito would be able to regenerate his body off of his soul alone since the soul and the body are inherently one thing in Jujutsu Kaisen.

I’ll gather all the evidence in one post prolly later today or tomorrow but yeah Low or whatever type Godly Mahito should have should absolutely qualify with the things stated and shown in the series when it comes to Mahito’s regeneration.

I think its plausible as Hanami, Jogo and Dagon all exists as consciousnesses before gaining their bodies of cursed energy that we know existed, and Mahito being part of the disaster curse family possible was the same, plus given him talking about coming back from complete destruction from of his body I feel it would be more true than not. I'd same a likely low-godly is fair.
This is straightforward statement for them existing without physical body.

Alright then…taking this information into account:

This is straightforward statement for them existing without physical body.

I am now going to create a new post for a revision to the OP to include the disaster and other special grade curses to have Mid/High-godly regeneration, however, it would be listed as over time for them and not be combat applicable.

Mahito will be the only one listed with overt whatever-godly regeneration and not be limited to over time and non combat applicable like the other curses will be. Which I will also update in the new reworked post.
Just need a mod to accept it.
Which I will then reach out to more mods and ask for evaluation.

Disaster curses-Mid/High-Godly Regeneration:​

Ok then, using this image as a basis:

It’s cited that the disaster level curses gained consciousness before their bodies ever truly took form. Cursed energy is what’s used to heal and replenish cursed spirits as reverse cursed technique is lethal to them. They are the culmination of cursed energy itself, which is the fear and negative emotions people have over what they represent. And that cursed energy is used to give themselves for

Because of this, the disaster curses including of Jogo, Hanami, and Dagon should receive Mid/High-Godly regeneration as even if they are reduced down to nothing more than their consciousness, they can still form themselves with cursed energy. However, this rating would only be listed as over time and non-combat applicable as it takes time for cursed spirits to manifest themselves from just their minds.

Mahito Godly Level Regeneration:​

Now moving on to Mahito as he is the odd one out of the bunch in that his level of regeneration is more powerful than his fellow curses. I’ll present a list for the evidence of Mahito’s level of regeneration.

Mahito’s statements on the matter-

Mahito is constantly preserving the shape of his own soul. And because the body tightly confirms to the soul, Mahito will always retain his “shape” so long as his soul is preserved. Hence why he doesn’t call it “healing” because from his perspective, he’s not even being “damaged” in the first place. His body is just changing shape. Mahito can also tamper with the shape of his own soul with no risk to himself as well, allowing him to distort his body in various fashions. He again specifically notes here that “as long as I preserve the shape of my soul, I won’t die.”

This is a notion that gets reinforced by him many times over across his time in the series:

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_128_12.jpg

The fact that he specifically says “no matter how strong the attack is” it won’t work on him so long as his opponent can’t touch his soul, again heavily reinforces the idea that no level of destruction to his main body will ever actually harm him. And to say that there is some level of destruction that if his body faced he would die, is just a blatant contradiction to Mahito’s words many times over.

It also goes against the very narrative of the story as such examples like during his fight with Yuji, Mahito again explains that not attack will harm him so long as it doesn’t touch his soul, hence why he reacted the way he did once he realized Yuji could in fact harm him by hitting his soul. It was established many times over in that fight that the only way Mahito could be beaten was by attacking his soul directly. They couldn’t just destroy his body enough so that he would stay dead.

And this notion once more gets reinforced by the fact that Koichi, the same man with giant Mechamaru with literally over a decade and a half of stored up cursed energy at his disposal, opted to use a specially designed technique in order to destroy Mahito’s soul in his attempt to combat him.

Instead of trying to completely destroy him with his incineration canons and all the stored up cursed energy he had at his disposal, he chose to use a special technique specifically designed to combat him. This again leads to the idea of Mahito’s words being proven true that no matter how badly his body suffered, he would live so long as he retains the shape of his soul considering the man with a giant mecha with incineration canons attached to it had to go through all that extra work in order to face him. He only thought he was dead once Mahito literally blew himself up (again showcasing Mahito’s insane levels of regen of no fear of being completely blown up.)

That’s also a very good feat of regeneration by Mahito considering he had to convince Koichi that he was really dead, and since we know cursed spirits vanish when they die, Mahito had to have blown himself up to a point where he could not be seen or detected by Mechamaru alongside concealing his own cursed energy as well. So this would be another good showcase of evidence for Mahito’s previous statements.

Now, these alone are already some good pieces of evidence, but I’m also going to address some potential counters that may be brought up in response to this thread as well.

The Soul is The Body and The Body is The Soul:​

Now, the main point of concern I saw over Mahito’s level of regeneration was that there were no “concrete feats or statements proving Mahito can survive complete physical destruction.” I.E. there needs to be clear and direct evidence that the soul can recover the body by itself.

Now, disregarding the previous feats and statements made by Mahito, there actually is definitive, concrete evidence that you only need one half to recover the other.

And that’s because in Jujutsu Kaisen, “The body is the soul and the soul is the body.”

This notion is directly proven to us by the fact that Toji Zenin’s soul overrode his hosts’ body, despite him being revived off of “body information alone,” with his soul’s information being purposely left out for the technique. However, because the body and the soul are intrinsically the same as one another in the series, Toji was able to be revived back to the living world.

Kenjaku’s words only further get proven to be true with Yaga’s statement right here as well:

9cudybdnjiw71.png

The way his technique works and the reason Panda is alive is because he’s able to “duplicate the soul’s information from the body’s information.” And the reason for why he’s able to do that is due to Kenjaku’s explanation from earlier. The only way he could “duplicate” “soul information” off of just “body information” alone would only be possible if the body inherently carried the soul along with it just as the soul inherently carries the body alongside it as well.

Therefore, because the soul is the body and the body is the soul, and your soul can be recovered so long as your body remains, the inverse must also be true. In that the body may also be restored even if just the soul remains.

A point that perfectly goes alongside Mahito’s description of him remaining alive no matter what happens to his body so long as his soul remains.

There’s just too much evidence, both from various statements across the series and the very narrative of the story, that point to Mahito’s words being true on the matter of his ability rather than all his statements be contradicted by the current scaling the wiki goes by.

As such, Mahito’s regeneration should be upgraded to Mid/High-Godly with this being combat applicable unlike the other disaster curses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back