• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Key dividers and tier inaccuracies

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Also 8-C comes from withstanding the heat of the nether which Skeletons can do just fine, that's not getting downgraded
That falls under heat resistance, not durability.

What confuses me is that Minecraft is 8-C via surviving a heat that is capable of instantly vaporizing almost a cubic meter of water, while Undertale is 8-C via characters surviving a heat capable of vaporizing a small plastic cup of water.

DMB 1 said:
What confuses me is that Minecraft is 8-C via surviving a heat that is capable of instantly vaporizing almost a cubic meter of water, while Undertale is 8-C via characters surviving a heat capable of vaporizing a small plastic cup of water.
It's more that the plastic is also just vaporized. And the 9000 farenheit thing.

Then Ghasts get downgraded due to being proven to be in-verse glass cannons, simple. No need to downgrade everyone else because of the Ghast.

Or maybe, more reasonably, we don't throw logic out of the window (since logic is the only reason heat is aplicable to AP), and we just assume nether resisdents resist heat, and other peeps weren't supposed to go there.

Seriously, you want to scale a dude that dies to fire to 8-C by not dying to het. That just isn't happening unless you can prove that monsters getting damaged by fire is an outlier and not the other way around.

Why not just say that minecraft's fire is hotter than the Nether's passive heat?

The Nether's heat doesn't passively burn down trees and it doesn't destroy other usually flammable materials like wool.

DMB 1 said:
Undertale's profile as a whole ignores the plot important fact that monsters are literally made of magic and loose dust. That is why the Humans won the Human/Monster war with NO fatalities and why a prepubescent child can massacre them all with a kitchen knife. The Monsters should factually rate around 10-C at absolute most, regardless of their other abilities. Their "soul manipulation" is also bull: the game itself says that humans have stronger SOULs than monsters due to having a denser mass to carry it in: "Humans are unbelievably strong. It would take the SOUL of nearly every monster... ... just to equal the power of a single human SOUL."

Idazmi said:
It's literally the whole plot of the game.
There's a plot reason for why Humans won the Human/Monster war, and it's because Monsters take more damage from hostile intent, letting Humans overpower them, come on man.

Also your point about soul manipulation literally changes jack because they're punching a soul nonetheless

Agnaa said:
There's a plot reason for why Humans won the Human/Monster war, and it's because Monsters take more damage from hostile intent, letting Humans overpower them, come on man.
"While monsters are mostly made of magic, human beings are mostly made of water. Humans, with their physical forms, are far stronger than us." - Book in Snowdin Library

The game indeed explains this stuff in detail: it factors into every part of the game.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Also your point about soul manipulation literally changes jack because they're punching a soul nonetheless
It's typically used by debaters on this wiki to allow Undertale characters to ignore durability. That's an assertion that's flatly not supported in Undertale itself, where they simply aren't able to harm humans in that way.

That just means humans are stronger than monsters who have said feats. Not that literally every monster besides Asriel is Below Average Human

But i digress

While I think tier 7 and 8 aren't the most solid, ou realize undine just backhanded a spear hard enough to break a table,yes?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
That just means humans are stronger than monsters who have said feats. Not that literally every monster besides Asriel is Below Average Human

But i digress
Said monsters are killed by a child with a kitchen knife. But yes, this isn't the topic for this discussion.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
While I think tier 7 and 8 aren't the most solid, ou realize undine just backhanded a spear hard enough to break a table,yes?
She also casually suplexes boulders because she can

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Why not just say that minecraft's fire is hotter than the Nether's passive heat?

The Nether's heat doesn't passively burn down trees and it doesn't destroy other usually flammable materials like wool.
Because it is baseless assumption, and one that is only being argued for to keep the minecraft profiles at the tier they are at.

That just ruins your point even further dude. If the heat can't even affect wool, how the hell do monsters that die to a normal fire get 8-c from it? 8-C wool?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Undine is a special case among monsters, as proven by both her attitude and her "Undying" form. It still doesn't justify the idea that her spears can simply bypass literally anything that's not meant to protect against Soul Manipulation.

It proves that MC's normal fire is superior to Nether heat which vaporizes water. Which also proves MC fire is not normal fire. So yeah, 8-C wool could make sense if the scaling lines up like that.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It proves that MC's normal fire is superior to Nether heat which vaporizes water. So yeah, 8-C wool could make sense if the scaling lines up like that.
No, It doesn't make any sense that a mere sheep is 8-C. You can kill it with a sword made of wood.

I was thinking that 9-A MC should be 8-C for a while but I'll save that until the fire debate is over

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It proves that MC's normal fire is superior to Nether heat which vaporizes water. Which also proves MC fire is not normal fire. So yeah, 8-C wool could make sense if the scaling lines up like that.
It's not just the MC's fire, all fire would have to be superior to Nether heat... Such as fire generated by lightning, or fire generated by natural lava.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
...So MC's fire?
Whoops, I'm so used to seeing MC meaning main character, I thought you were talking about the player's own fire.

I think it's pretty silly to take "Normal fire caused by lightning is strong enough to vaporize water instantly" and "Wool is 8-C" from this information.

I could phrase it differently into it being an argument of outliers, inconsistency, game mechanics, resistance, etc. Or even occam's razor, for you dismissing all of these explanations with fewer assumptions in support of one with extra, strange assumptions.

I lied about sleeping.

Apparently not looking at the screen makes you realize Ricsi's fire/water logic makes sense.

So I'll drop the argument for now.

On the flipside. I'm gonna bring up this blog that had a rather weak rebuttal to it. (Saikou made it so it's wanked)

I'd like an actual rebuttal for this.

Oh yeah, wood burns to fire, yet it doesn't just turn to ashes only by being inside of the Nether.

Back