• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft: walking to the Huge steps in updates

Looking again, even the official Sonic collab was done by Game Mode One. Seems like they also did the Avatar, Pac-Man, and How To Train Your Dragon collabs.

Are we only talking about their original content, or would this also disqualify the official collabs like Sonic and Pac-Man?
The Sonic stuff was posted by Minecraft on their official YouTube channel. Mojang does hire them from time to time to do some of their dirty work, hence why I'm not specifically saying it has to be made by the Mojang team- just published by them. Game Mode One publishes a great deal of work, from what I've gathered, that isn't published by Mojang, such as the Spellrune game mentioned above.

However, if they did have collaborations without Mojang being involved, that would be invalid, yes.

^ I thought you implied that if its an actual sub-company - it is allowed.
I do think it's hazy territory at that point, he was just implying it there and it seemed wrong upon investigation. I'd leave it out for now and let a CRT get made in the future when/if an example does rear its head, I'm sure someone will propose it.

The Sonic stuff was posted by Minecraft on their official YouTube channel. Mojang does hire them from time to time to do some of their dirty work, hence why I'm not specifically saying it has to be made by the Mojang team- just published by them. Game Mode One publishes a great deal of work, from what I've gathered, that isn't published by Mojang, such as the Spellrune game mentioned above.

However, if they did have collaborations without Mojang being involved, that would be invalid, yes.
But.. But... Wait, I am so confused, didn't you said that youtube shouldn't be the merit of what is allowed?

Oh, no. It's me who's is an idiot that can't read.
I would say just... trim down the verbiage to solely, and only, include Mojang-run channels. Even if the teams have been hired by Mojang in the past and had their works on the channels, this would not make all of their works acceptable. So Spellrune, again, would be an unacceptable instance, but the Ben 10 crossover would be fine.
So, everything here is allowed?

Yeah, no Marketplace please. The Minecraft wiki from Gamepedia (which serves as kind of a strategy guide) already doesn't see the marketplace as either official or canon last I checked, and as a Minecraft veteran, I don't see how some off-shoot content should be considered canon and thus valid for inclusion on VBW.

I'm leaning to this as well.
To speak briefly on the less absurd propositions:

I think the books are most likely fine, at least to exist in a sense of "Minecraft scales to them, they do not scale to Minecraft". Secondary canon status is more acceptable for them.

Extremely iffy on the "DLCs" such as MegaMan, I would probably need to know more about it? I distinctly recall Mineccraft creating a vast amount of these with very little actual content, such as Mass Effect and Skyrim back in the day.

Back