• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft: walking to the Huge steps in updates

Okey, this will be fast, I think we should add Minecraft Marketplace (Aka DLC), Animations and the books that are in Mojang Official Shop, this will not affect the main key of Steve but gave many many many things to the Minecraft in itself, mainly new enemies and the player will have several new keys

This is not Pacheco or something like that, they are direct collaboration of both sides and the books will be treated as a form of Spin-off

Votes
Agree: @Catpija @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @Mariogoods @Deidalius, @MrKerf, @Mr._Bambu, @ShockingPsychic, @LordGriffin1000
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Video is broken and what is it precisely you're proposing, im a bit lost therer

By the way, All Enemies and new things will be in a new section known as Marketplace in the Verse page

While Steve will have another profile connected to the original only for the Market places

I feel that the alternative stuff should be in different profiles and treated as different continuities.
By the way, All Enemies and new things will be in a new section known as Marketplace in the Verse page

While Steve will have another profile connected to the original only for the Market places
Right.

I’m pretty sure we already use the books for Minecraft though. At least we use the mobstiary since that’s where the Ender dragon gets their acid breath from. In game it’s repeated stated to just be magic.

I’m pretty sure we already use the books for Minecraft though. At least we use the mobstiary since that’s where the Ender dragon gets their acid breath from. In game it’s repeated stated to just be magic.
Yes, I know we use the mobstiary, but not things like these Woodsword Chronicles or the Max Brooks Books (Who, curiously was the original writer of World War Z the novel that had that 2013 movie as an adaptation).

The last ones that we can access an adaptation narrated by Max himself on Minecraft's YouTube channel and there is a QnA with Mario in Minecraft Education, this could give at least a hint of How Steve really fights instead of assuming by ours ( We were literally using a Headcanon when there was something that potentially could tell us about his combat style)
I feel that the alternative stuff should be in different profiles and treated as different continuities.

Right.
this is the plan

I just need some staff

I mean, we don’t really use headcannon, versus more so just going the generic video game character route. Assume they random stuff that generally aligns with what the game wants the player to do.

Are the other books stated to be canon, or are they also going to be their own page?

I mean, we don’t really use headcannon, versus more so just going the generic video game character route. Assume they random stuff that generally aligns with what the game wants the player to do.
Ah, ok
Are the other books stated to be canon, or are they also going to be their own page?
The Max Brook's Books look like Semi-Canon, the Woodsword are like Minecraft Story Mode, they are not canon to minecraft but minecraft is canon to them(though i guess cross scaling can be discussed another time, similar to how we use things from other timelines to Scaling to the Sacred/prime timeline in the MCU)

I'm 100% against adding anything and everything on the Marketplace, this falls into a similar territory I referenced on the Pacheco thread- DMs Guild is officially run in tandem with Wizards of the Coast, grants publishers access to their IP in return for a share of the profits, none of it is canon however. These are different studios running things, I would be against just adding them willy nilly.

I'm 100% against adding anything and everything on the Marketplace, this falls into a similar territory I referenced on the Pacheco thread- DMs Guild is officially run in tandem with Wizards of the Coast, grants publishers access to their IP in return for a share of the profits, none of it is canon however. These are different studios running things, I would be against just adding them willy nilly.
Who said they were Canon? The Marketplaces are official but they are not canon to THE MAIN CANON, the Marketplaces like Avatar and Mega man X have the damn licenses of both parties being published on the official Minecraft and Nintendo channels, you are literally opposing something based on your own judgment

They are non-canonical DLC but they can be used, basically it's the Minecraft version of Fazbear Fanverse Initiative

Who said they were Canon? The Marketplaces are official but they are not canon to THE MAIN CANON, the Marketplaces like Avatar and Mega man X have the damn licenses of both parties being published on the official Minecraft and Nintendo channels, you are literally opposing something based on your own judgment

They are non-canonical DLC but they can be used, basically it's the Minecraft version of Fazbear Fanverse Initiative
I wouldn't compare the two at all, actually. The Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, insofar as it has been explained to me at least, by someone whom I expect to be informed on it, is basically Scott Cawthon's way of directly bringing in notable games to the canon. This is Mojang letting other, smaller companies sell products while using some or all of their IP to do it, while maintaining control over them. The two are very much distinct, the Marketplace is Minecraft homebrew and should be treated as such. The marketplace itself being officially run by Mojang is irrelevant.

you are literally opposing something based on your own judgment
By who's judgement am I meant to oppose something based on, then?

Qm8xaDn.png

I would like you all, for just a moment, to consider what this says. The Minecraft Marketplace is, self-admittedly, a place for normal Minecraft players to submit their works to be sold. It is, in every sense of the word, fan-made content that Mojang allows to be sold, so long as they get a piece.

This isn't up for discussion, we've had these talks before. I don't know why you loathe the notion of using FC/OC so much that you will argue so hard to avoid it when, it seems to me, most of what you want to make pages for is specifically FC/OC content.

To speak briefly on the less absurd propositions:

I think the books are most likely fine, at least to exist in a sense of "Minecraft scales to them, they do not scale to Minecraft". Secondary canon status is more acceptable for them.

Extremely iffy on the "DLCs" such as MegaMan, I would probably need to know more about it? I distinctly recall Mineccraft creating a vast amount of these with very little actual content, such as Mass Effect and Skyrim back in the day.

Extremely iffy on the "DLCs" such as MegaMan, I would probably need to know more about it? I distinctly recall Mineccraft creating a vast amount of these with very little actual content, such as Mass Effect and Skyrim back in the day.
I mean, both parties are very involved in this, one does the part of what is allowed to use while others do the designs and map, it is recognized that it is a work an example is in the DLC of HTTYD as a whole since they are mentioned Mojang studios, Xbox Studios, DreamWorks and Game Mode One

I mean, both parties are very involved in this, one does the part of what is allowed to use while others do the designs and map, it is recognized that it is a work an example is in the DLC of HTTYD as a whole since they are mentioned Mojang studios, Xbox Studios, DreamWorks and Game Mode One
Aye, which is what leads me to just being "extremely iffy". I grant that this has a much better argument in favor of it, though it seems to me a less strong case than other studios, such as your already-mentioned Marvel vs Capcom.

I don't know why you loathe the notion of using FC/OC so much that you will argue so hard to avoid it when, it seems to me, most of what you want to make pages for is specifically FC/OC content.
Too many assumptions for my taste, don't put made up thoughts into our heads, please. I personally love FC/OC. (Tier 1+ ban should end though)

I agree, but for now only to those collabs that were specifically made by Mojang, if they exist. I think there are default Bedrock DLCs that would qualify.

Also, I really don't like this rule now. It should be case by case, Mojang probably does a lot of quality control and its basically an outsource at this point

Aye, which is what leads me to just being "extremely iffy". I grant that this has a much better argument in favor of it, though it seems to me a less strong case than other studios, such as your already-mentioned Marvel vs Capcom.
well i understand this.
Also in the Star wars Marketplace on the official Minecraft page you have the licenses of Disney and Lucasfilm

Too many assumptions for my taste, don't put made up thoughts into our heads, please. I personally love FC/OC. (Tier 1+ ban should end though)

I agree, but for now only to those collabs that were specifically made by Mojang, if they exist. I think there are default Bedrock DLCs that would qualify.

Also, I really don't like this rule now. It should be case by case, Mojang probably does a lot of quality control and its basically an outsource at this point
Yeah

I will put forward a possibility to you.

This is player-made content. Anyone can contribute, so long as Mojang deems it doesn't violate its policies (so no worlds full of penises or something).

We allow the Marketplace, no holds barred, because clearly Mojang follows everything they allow on there.

What happens when a VSBW user creates a world, and slots in a book somewhere bumping the verse up to Tier 2? Tier 1? 0?

I am totally, fully against adding Marketplace-sold content as any form of canon. We do the same for other verses. The other points have more merit to them and deserve further discussion.

I think Limiting this to Just Mojang collaborations along with the creations of Game Mode One and SNDBX Group should be fine, as they are companies directly affiliated with Mojang rather than just Random people.

That will stop anything of dubious quality

Against Game Mode One, as I've already said the other stuff is far more palatable for me.

I will put forward a possibility to you.
I already know your opinion on this topic, and I recognize a difference between homebrews and/or mods and things that are officially promoted by companies, like these.

Also, if someone creates a book that is officially promoted by mojang, approved, with their logo and everything - more power to them. I'd make profile to this book myself.

Okay, I poked around a bit.

To sell something on marketplace you have to be a partner. Partners, in turn should follow certain criteria. Those are: a portfolio of high quality content, passion towards Minecraft, and (something that is not mention on the above page, but is mentioned on another partner's page) "registered business to enter a formal partnership with Microsoft and Mojang". This is literally an outsource, not unlike Wildermount or that new mobile Diablo game. Well, mostly.

Okay, I poked around a bit.

To sell something on marketplace you have to be a partner. Partners, in turn should follow certain criteria. Those are: a portfolio of high quality content, passion towards Minecraft, and (something that is not mention on the above page, but is mentioned on another partner's page) "registered business to enter a formal partnership with Microsoft and Mojang". This is literally an outsource, not unlike Wildermount or that new mobile Diablo game. Well, mostly.
Cool

Wow, Gamemode 1 have some amazing works too. Sonic, Avatar, dragons...
The best thing about this is that they are with the original companies so it would be curious to see how much they added from the Main universe, from what I saw there is a tree of elemental skills that you can learn in From Avatar

I already know your opinion on this topic, and I recognize a difference between homebrews and/or mods and things that are officially promoted by companies, like these.

Also, if someone creates a book that is officially promoted by mojang, approved, with their logo and everything - more power to them. I'd make profile to this book myself.
You're not entirely understanding, I think.

The homebrew site I'm referencing is made under WotC's oversight. They control the content on there. It is more similar than you are presuming.

Back