• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato vs Naruto vs Boruto, Three Generations of Blond boi's fight

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Fz5fyS6XgAU9wG0.jpg:large

(Image not representative of the versions, it just looked cool)

Hokage Alive Minato, KCM 1 Naruto and Omnipotence Arc Boruto get dropped in Fake Karakura town, they start 1KM away from one another, Winner via either incapacitation or death. Speed is Equalized.

• Minato- 4.2 Gigatons > Higher with Sage Mode
  • KCM 1 Naruto-4.2 Gigatons >15 Gigatons with Rasenshuriken
  • Omnipotence Arc Boruto- 8.6 Gigatons > Higher with Karma

VOTES

Minato:

Naruto:

Boruto:

H̶i̶m̶a̶w̶a̶r̶i̶ s̶o̶l̶o̶s̶ a̶l̶l̶ t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶:̶

Last edited:
With speed equalization, Minato does kinda get tanked, but he still has a decent chance due to Flying Raijin.
Naruto is definitely the one bound to lose either way, I just don't see him winning.
Boruto has the best AP, and has previous knowledge on both Naruto and Minato's arsenals, especially Naruto's, he also makes most jutsu completely irrelevant because of the Karma and could just BFR.
BFR is probably a very valid strat given that Minato probably doesn't know he can cross dimension teleport with Flying Raijin (given that he was scared of getting stuck in the Kamui Dimension), and we know that it's one of Boruto's strategies (as well as Kawaki's).
Boruto also has the advantage of just, Momoshiki randomly popping out and blowing them all up but I'll assume that's restricted.
My vote is for Boruto

Boruto has the best AP, and has previous knowledge on both Naruto and Minato's arsenals, especially Naruto's, he also makes most jutsu completely irrelevant because of the Karma and could just BFR.
While this is true, how would Boruto handle KCM1 Naruto's Ultra Big Rasengan Barrage as well as his Analytical Predictions that would allow him to see all of his attacks before he does them?

it might not be super obvious but all three have some really excellent tools in their bag that might not be super obvious, with some being good counters to some but not to others.

ill give my take but i wanna hear more peoples opinions in general

Last edited:
It's on his P&A, however the scan listed seems to be Sage Mode Naruto and not KCM, so I'm not too sure anymore.
Yeah that's Sage Mode, not KCM, and it isn't seeing moves before they happen.
Also regarding the Ultra Big Rasengan Barrage thing, how would that work on a target the size of Boruto? It'd be hard to do it from all directions, given the surface area of Boruto vs the surface area of the Rasengan, it's equivalent to you trying to hit an ant with dozens of handballs at the same time.

This fight is super cool. I actually think it's pretty close no matter how we slice it. I'm not entirely sure who wins yet, but I think each one has some distinct advantages, so here they are:

Naruto:
  • His unpredictability and combat IQ is what mainly sets him apart imo. I don't feel the need to cite every instance this has come up, ya'll should already know. It would not be unusual for Naruto to make dozens of clones and disguise them as all of the surrounding rock formations, transform his clones into his own attacks such as the FRS in order to confuse his opponents and create openings, and much more.
  • Speaking of clones, yeah, they're a big factor to consider in this fight. Both Minato and Boruto utilize clones pretty well, especially Boruto (in the anime), but neither of them are even close to Naruto's level when it comes to this. His usage of clones can range from clever and subtle, to outright overwhelming due to the sheer numbers he can pump out.
  • Stamina, endurance, and regen: Given his Uzumaki resilience and endurance, coupled with his Kurama-enhanced Stamina and healing factor, Naruto's gonna be able to eat a lot of punishment here, which is a huge advantage.
  • The Rasenshuriken: If it tags somebody, it's game over. It really is as simple as that. It has the AP, but it also has the countless cellular-sized wind blades doing their thing.
  • Rasenagn variants are, generally, kinda nice: Naruto takes his Rasengan variants to the next level in KCM simply due to the fact that no longer needs to make clones to create them. He uses his chakra arms to assist him with that, and he also uses these chakra arms to hit enemies from a distance, even if they dodge the initial attack, since he can maneuver the arms in any direction he chooses. It adds a lot of versatility and creativity to the Rasengan variants, and greatly increases their chances of connecting.
  • Negative emotion sensing: This is going to MASSIVELY help here, since this might be Naruto's only way to evade Minato's FTG assisted blitz attempts, assuming he's not doing some sort of shadow clone switcheroo. It's also helpful in general since the ability alerts him to any harmful intentions or incoming attacks.
  • Sage Mode: Surprisingly, this is also kind of a factor here. Naruto has entered Sage Mode many times in this key. He can create a clone, and have them enter Sage Mode, or he can enter it himself if KCM runs out of chakra to run out the clock while his chakra recharges. It just means that Naruto won't immediately lose if KCM happens to run out on him. An unlikely scenario, but still, something to consider.

Bort:
  • IQ: I'll let people more familiar with Bort speak on this in more detail, but Boruto is very smart. He's both book smart AND battle smart. He's very good at utilizing his limited number of clones to create leverage, openings on his opponents, or to avoid damage. He also has a lot of options to work with, such as 3 Nature Transformations, karma, among other things.
  • Karma: This is huge. Not only is it a power amp, but it also grants him a massive versatility buff in the form of the Byakugan, Jutsu Absorption, and Kama Rifts, which allows him to BFR opponents, assuming he can catch them in the portal.
  • Invisible Rasengan: Great for catching people off-guard, even from a decent distance away.
  • Decent AP amps with stuff like the compressed Rasengan and his other enhanced Rasengan variants.
  • I guess Momoshiki possibly coming out and stomping? Idk lol

Minato:
  • Arguably the smartest combatant here. His IQ feats speak for themselves, and he's not just book smart either. It's still very impressive that he managed to counter Kamui after a brief encounter.
  • Has considerable AP amps with his Rasengan and Sage Mode (although SM is kinda unlikely for Minato to use here, let's be real)
  • Flying Raijin: If anything is going to make Minato run away with this battle, it's this. It's great for evading any of Bort or Nort's attacks, obviously. It'll make tagging him an incredible pain in the ass. Additionally, it's a fantastic counter to Bort's BFR, on the off-chance that he managed to catch Minato in that. It's unlikely to happen, but hey, it's there should he need it. Most importantly, if managed to place a marker on either one of them, which is both extremely easy and very in-character, then it would honestly be game-over. It'll allow him to freely tag them whenever he wants, and they really can't do much about it. Boruto can whether the storm thanks to the durability advantage, and Naruto can do the same thanks to his regen and endurance, but for how long? The ability to instantly tag them would just be way too oppressive IMO.
  • Sealing Jutsu: Another big thing in Minato's arsenal. He can potentially seal away Naruto's usage of Kurama's chakra with this, or just outright seal these guys away if he gets a chance.
  • Barriers: He can trap them in Kurama-level barriers.
  • Reaction speed: His reaction speed will be higher than either of these guys, given that he can react to Juubidara and stuff.
  • Guiding Thunder: He can BFR any incoming attacks away with his Space-Time Barrier.

Minato:
  • Arguably the smartest combatant here. His IQ feats speak for themselves, and he's not just book smart either. It's still very impressive that he managed to counter Kamui after a brief encounter.
  • Has considerable AP amps with his Rasengan and Sage Mode (although SM is kinda unlikely for Minato to use here, let's be real)
  • Flying Raijin: If anything is going to make Minato run away with this battle, it's this. It's great for evading any of Bort or Nort's attacks, obviously. It'll make tagging him an incredible pain in the ass. Additionally, it's a fantastic counter to Bort's BFR, on the off-chance that he managed to catch Minato in that. It's unlikely to happen, but hey, it's there should he need it. Most importantly, if managed to place a marker on either one of them, which is both extremely easy and very in-character, then it would honestly be game-over. It'll allow him to freely tag them whenever he wants, and they really can't do much about it. Boruto can whether the storm thanks to the durability advantage, and Naruto can do the same thanks to his regen and endurance, but for how long? The ability to instantly tag them would just be way too oppressive IMO.
  • Sealing Jutsu: Another big thing in Minato's arsenal. He can potentially seal away Naruto's usage of Kurama's chakra with this, or just outright seal these guys away if he gets a chance.
  • Barriers: He can trap them in Kurama-level barriers.
  • Reaction speed: His reaction speed will be higher than either of these guys, given that he can react to Juubidara and stuff.
  • Guiding Thunder: He can BFR any incoming attacks away with his Space-Time Barrier.
Something I'll add to this that's very overlooked in MInato vs Naruto battles is that Minato actually has FTG markings on Naruto's Eight Signed Seal. While I think Naruto could have a chance otherwise, the fact that Minato can teleport to him and revert him back to base at basically any time p much mean this is Minato vs Boruto after he's let Naruto wear him down (cause he probably would do that knowing Naruto is the lesser concern due to these factors and sensing that Boruto's stronger).

Something I'll add to this that's very overlooked in MInato vs Naruto battles is that Minato actually has FTG markings on Naruto's Eight Signed Seal. While I think Naruto could have a chance otherwise, the fact that Minato can teleport to him and revert him back to base at basically any time p much mean this is Minato vs Boruto after he's let Naruto wear him down (cause he probably would do that knowing Naruto is the lesser concern due to these factors and sensing that Boruto's stronger).
Yeah, that's kinda huge.

Slayer giving a good ass break down.

another thing to note, while not to the same extent as people like Hinata or Neji, Boruto also does have a limited version of Gentle fist, as well stuff like flash bangs which are just better versions of smoke bombs and so on.

Last edited:
It's on his P&A, however the scan listed seems to be Sage Mode Naruto and not KCM, so I'm not too sure anymore.
It's 'cause the profile is trash and needs a lot of work.

But yeah, KCM has its own "danger sense" that alerts Naruto to threats based on negative emotions and/or intentions harbored by his opponents. It also allows him to actively sense targets with said negative emotions from pretty significant distances. It also works when the target isn't even attempting to attack. Them having negative or harmful emotions is enough for Naruto to detect them with this.

Most importantly, if managed to place a marker on either one of them, which is both extremely easy and very in-character, then it would honestly be game-over. It'll allow him to freely tag them whenever he wants, and they really can't do much about it.
Actually Boruto can counter this, the Karma Seal allows people to absorb Sealing Jutsu, so Boruto (given that he already has knowledge on Minato and Naruto already) can very easily counter that.
Same point as above, Boruto can absorb Sealing Jutsu. It's dumb but hey.
  • IQ: I'll let people more familiar with Bort speak on this in more detail, but Boruto is very smart. He's both book smart AND battle smart. He's very good at utilizing his limited number of clones to create leverage, openings on his opponents, or to avoid damage. He also has a lot of options to work with, such as 3 Nature Transformations, karma, among other things.
See, the Karma not only gives Boruto a power-up physically, but also drastically increases their combat skills by stacking that of the Otsutsuki. Code pointed this out as a major factor as to why the Karma is such a good powerup.
Plus, he's generally smart, and can as you said, use 3 Nature Transformations, and often combines them, e.g. Water Release to flood the area and then Lightning Release to shock everyone nearby, aka making the Jutsu stronger.
  • Decent AP amps with stuff like the compressed Rasengan and his other enhanced Rasengan variants.
It's kinda stupid how much stacking Boruto can do to increase his AP, firstly the Karma which greatly increases his strength, he can naturally also use his Wind Release Rasengan which is stronger than the regular Rasengan he uses, but he can also use the Compressed Rasengan which is even stronger. But it's not just that, he can also add on the Boruto Stream which 4 clones to further increase speed and AP.

I do feel the need to mention the fact that Minato can use the Reaper Death Seal, but that's more-so an incon and wouldn't be very in-character.
I do feel like Naruto loses either way and just sits there to wear down both Minato and Boruto.
Given that Naruto would be basically just a wear-the-other-2-down-and-then-lose machine, I feel that Boruto would gain an advantage because he can easily replenish his Chakra and Stamina due to the Karma's absorption. Meanwhile Minato would start to stagnate after a while.

Minato already having a marker on Naruto is a crazy deal here.

In conjunction with guiding thunder, he can essentially teleport any attack Naruto throws (Like a bijuudama or Rasenshuriken) directly on top of him.

The location of FKT is also a good help, as the buildings would allow plenty of places to mark with Kunai, meaning he’ll always be able to teleport away.

I don’t see Naruto doing much to Minato here, Minato will always be able to counter all of his ranged attacks and pester him with FTG.

I’d say if Minato manages to put a strategy in place to mark Boruto he’d win, and given his superior intelligence I find that likely.

Boruto definitely gives him a lot of trouble here’ not only is he twice Minato’s AP, but he has a shit ton of amps, Minato doesn’t have many ways of negating durability besides Sealing, which can be absorbed. He also can’t BFR to another country due to the location.

This match essentially comes down to, how does Minato actually beat Boruto, imo. Boruto can win via outlasting Minato but FTG makes outright beating him down improbable.

Minato already having a marker on Naruto is a crazy deal here.

In conjunction with guiding thunder, he can essentially teleport any attack Naruto throws (Like a bijuudama or Rasenshuriken) directly on top of him.

The location of FKT is also a good help, as the buildings would allow plenty of places to mark with Kunai, meaning he’ll always be able to teleport away.

I don’t see Naruto doing much to Minato here, Minato will always be able to counter all of his ranged attacks and pester him with FTG.

I’d say if Minato manages to put a strategy in place to mark Boruto he’d win, and given his superior intelligence I find that likely.

Boruto definitely gives him a lot of trouble here’ not only is he twice Minato’s AP, but he has a shit ton of amps, Minato doesn’t have many ways of negating durability besides Sealing, which can be absorbed. He also can’t BFR to another country due to the location.

This match essentially comes down to, how does Minato actually beat Boruto, imo. Boruto can win via outlasting Minato but FTG makes outright beating him down improbable.
I think a senjutsu kunai stab/Rasengan may do it. If he figures he can't beat Boruto as he is, he'll probably use some strategy involving FTG to buy time to enter Sage Mode for a one hit KO with a surprise FTG marking Boruto doesn't know Minato left. Kinda like Gojo vs Toji but with teleportation rather than speed.

Actually yeah, piercing damage (Which should be able to hurt someone only twice as strong) along with Senjutsu amps should be enough to kill if he hits somewhere vital.

He can also summon Gamabunta or other toads to aid him here, and can use him to counter Gamakichi.

Count me for Minato High diff via intelligence and FTG fuckery.

Tbf, I'm not even sure how this "Sealing absorption" thing works, but it shouldn't matter here since the marker Minato leaves isn't actually visible. Like, it stayed on Obito's body for 17 years without him realizing anything lmao. So, at the very least, it should give Minato one free hit before Boruto catches on to what's happening.

Also I'm not entirely sure a single kunai stab will kill boruto either. Given his comparable to kawaki who can tank his thunder arrow. A raiton ability that specifically enhances its speed and piercing power.

Tbf, I'm not even sure how this "Sealing absorption" thing works, but it shouldn't matter here since the marker Minato leaves isn't actually visible. Like, it stayed on Obito's body for 17 years without him realizing anything lmao. So, at the very least, it should give Minato one free hit before Boruto catches on to what's happening.
The seal might get accidently absorbed if at any point boruto absorbs an attack tbf, given it would be on his body and karma has absorbed stuff put onto the user and near them. But a lot of this is dependent on who fights who first lmfao.

Also I'm not entirely sure a single kunai stab will kill boruto either. Given his comparable to kawaki who can tank his thunder arrow. A raiton ability that specifically enhances its speed and piercing power.
When'd he tank it? And it kinda looks more like a shocking attack than a piercing one tbh

Ration inherently increases your piercing and cutting power, which is Why something like false darkness is also known for its piercing power and speed. Boruto also uses it as projectile hence the name. He also has less well know bullet variant. He can increase the effectiveness of its shocking power via water release.

If Minato lands a stab to the heart or brains it probably would.

If Minato gets in close, he can mark Boruto, which is essentially a win for him as he'd be able to constantly teleport to him and try killing him.

If Naruto has sage mode too he could probably sense Minato teleporting like Madara did to Tobirama

Or is this KCM exclusive?

If Naruto has sage mode too he could probably sense Minato teleporting like Madara did to Tobirama

Or is this KCM exclusive?
He starts in KCM, but he could just have a clone enter SM, or possibly drop out of KCM to enter SM himself like he did against the Raikage for example.

He sensed and dodged Tobirama's Kunai appearing behind him, Tobirama teleporting to it, and Tobirama's attack.

This is quite a bit different to Minato teleporting directly on top of Naruto and instantly stabbing him.

He sensed and dodged Tobirama's Kunai appearing behind him, Tobirama teleporting to it, and Tobirama's attack.

This is quite a bit different to Minato teleporting directly on top of Naruto and instantly stabbing him.
He sensed him randomly appearing, and Minato wouldn't appear with the stab, he would appear ready to stab him

Back