• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
...Yeeeeaaaaaahhh 85% sure this is a mismatch, but hey, both were upgraded to 5A (Thanks to me :p) and I suppose we should get this done, let us see if Mewtwo will fall yet again, or rise for once.

Speed is Equal, both are 5A

Mega Shadow Mewtwo X:

Calypso: 1

Might be another who-hits-first, depending on the details.

Can Mewtwo return from any of Calypso's BFR methods?

Mewtwo can return from BFR, as he teleported across pocket dimensions and even out of oblivion, but the other haxes would be a problem.

So.... Does Mewtwo mindhax immediately in character here?

He does lead with TK. However, he's not against using any of his other haxes, and it's not out of character for him to use them.

But yes, nine times out of ten, he'll lead with telekinesis.

Calypso BFRs him immediately when Mewtwo shows the mildest inconvenience.

Calypso's capable of using his telepathy to monitor people he's BFRd, but...yeah, Mewtwo has resistance to telepathy. Either way though, Calypso keeps a personal radio that he can also use to monitor those who he sends into the dimension inside of his painting. (It plays a direct feed from said dimension)

I've got enough sense not to underestimate Mewtwo, but if Calypso has any warning when the latter escapes the painting (or anywhere else), he's going to tear him a new one with any number of his powers.

Also, Calypso could potentially send Mewtwo backwards in time right from the beginning, since that's one of his many BFR methods. I don't see Time Travel in Mewtwo's list of powers. Although said list is big as hell, so I might have simply missed it.

Then tap the thing at the Top right and select Find in Page.

How fast can Mewtwo BFR?

In TM4 and TM2012, Calypso's powers can be activated with a thought. And in the rest of the games, he just waves/raises his hands or snaps his fingers.

EDIT: Actually, in TM2, he sent a policewoman into space with a thought as well. So there's that.

Oh yeah, another thing I was going to ask. I'm sure it's probably really high (legendary Psychic-type Pokemon and all), but how good is Mewtwo's mind resistance?

Via a thought. Though, if he's gonna BFR Mewtwo, he's guaranteed to be BFR'd right back, as teleportation, which is what he uses to BFR, is the only thing with the range past planetary.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Oh yeah, another thing I was going to ask. I'm sure it's probably really high (legendary Psychic-type Pokemon and all), but how good is Mewtwo's mind resistance?
It's...debatable.

Planetary was argued back and forth , along with the 69 billion madness cells (Which is madness inducement but eh)

The real cal howard said:
Via a thought. Though, if he's gonna BFR Mewtwo, he's guaranteed to be BFR'd right back, as teleportation, which is what he uses to BFR, is the only thing with the range past planetary.
I mean I'm pretty sure Calypso can teleport back so this BFR game is going to be like seeing people get into a "No u" war.

It's constantly up for debate. Some, like me, believe that it's planetary, or has the resistance of as many cells there are in his body.

At the absolute minimum, it's city wide though via scaling to a single Hypno accidentally mindscrewing the population of a city and other Hypnos being able to no-sell the mental advances of their kind, and Mewtwo is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other Gen 1 Pokemon (excluding Mew), especially psychic Pokémon, the latter which it surpasses in every category.

Edit: ninja'd by Gar.

Well...

Ironically, Calypso has planetary Morality and Empathic Manipulation feats. (The "entire world population" kind of planetary) So if that level of resistance was settled on for Mewtwo, then he probably resists, but if not, then that's a pretty sound option for Calypso to take.

Regardless, if the level of Mewtwo's resistance still hasn't been decided yet, then I'll refrain from bringing it up.

Let's look at this.

BFR: For both parties, won't work.

Mewtwo Mindhax: Doesn't lead with it but when he uses it it's going to work.

Calypso's methods that still work: Transmutation. Empathetic Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Power S U C C

So... Still seems like Calypso has an upper hand. He could easily turn Mewtwo into literal garbage, force him to fall in love with Calypso Well I mean humans marrying Pokemon is canon so..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Age Mewtwo to dust or S U C C his powers while Mewtwo will mostly likely lead with TK, which will far from one shot Calypso.

DMUA said:
Calypso's methods that still work: Transmutation. Empathetic Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Power S U C C
You forgot Causality Manipulation.
Empathic Manipulation is also a subset of Mind Manipulation, so that only works if Mewtwo's resistance (Which I've already agreed not to bring up again) isn't good enough to stop it.

That video brings up a question. Does he often talk too much, like he did in that video? Because if so, that gives Mewtwo more than enough time to bring pain.

The real cal howard said:
That video brings up a question. Does he often talk too much, like he did in that video?
Only if the opposition isn't a threat, like the guy who wanted the world to see his face and gave Calypso his 5-A rating in the first place.

If it's even minorly going to pose a inconvenience to him, well........

Twisted Metal (2012) Preacher's Cinematics And Ending
Twisted Metal (2012) Preacher's Cinematics And Ending

Back