• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(To Aru Revision) A Certain Magical Revision New Testament

What is the speed rating for it?
Accelerator pre-headshot calculation speed= 5.2e-14 seconds - (0.056 Picoseconds or MFTL+)

Accelerator post-headshot calculation speed= 2.6e-14 seconds- (0.026 Picoseconds or MFTL+)

... Not sure if this is right. But meh, someone smarter will probs correct me if I am wrong.

Calculation speed?
Hmm... So maybe it could fit perception speed? Like his body isn't moving at those speeds but his mind-slash-ability is moving at those speeds? Idk.

Accelerator pre-headshot calculation speed= 5.2e-14 seconds - (0.056 Picoseconds or MFTL+)

Accelerator post-headshot calculation speed= 2.6e-14 seconds- (0.026 Picoseconds or MFTL+)

... Not sure if this is right. But meh, someone smarter will probs correct me if I am wrong.

Hmm... So maybe it could fit perception speed? Like his body isn't moving at those speeds but his mind-slash-ability is moving at those speeds? Idk.
I think perception speed is the thing where you see things in slow motion which is different from calc speed

Btw, angelic form Accelerator have calculation onpar with his pre-headshot key or higher?

I'm gonna be shameless I'm glad I sent the link to those fanverse calcs to fix this verse lol
And thank you for your help, Doggo.
I think perception speed is the thing where you see things in slow motion which is different from calc speed
Ye. I am unsure on what to categorize this feat. I think perception is the only thing that will 'technically' fit but... meh.

Btw, angelic form Accelerator have calculation onpar with his pre-headshot key or higher?
Iirc there is nothing stating anything like this, only Platinum Wings is really arguably equal his pre-headshot self.

As Doggo said at the end of the previous page, this should be put as calculation speed cause perception and reaction don't fit it, the profile also needs to mention his reflection shield scales to this value.

Noted! ... And will be done in the Speed CRT for the ToAru Verse.... Like, I still need to do the user blog that copy & pastes the calc. Which will take time. I also want to have it accompany other speed calcs, which will probably be only two-to-five (at most) since there isn't too many speed feats in the ToAru verse for those who aren't Saint tier and above.

Bro, i kinda forgot i had to answer to this older post you did back in page 1, sorry.
To explain this... Well, basically if Mikoto is ever in a verse match, and she is limited to her 8-A stuff, she can never use any of her lightning despite it being a major part of her attack moveset, for lack of a better word. If she is limited to her 7-C stuff, she can't use anything below that... not because it is locked but because it is useless and can't harm her opponent or defend against their attack due to the massive AP & Dura gap.
About this, this is really just a vs matches problem and not something that should affect how her profile is written, given even in a vs match her iron sand/Railgun still wouldn't be scaling to the same tier as her lightning so things don't really change that much.
Will you give that about the Carissa thing. However, for the thing that came from the second round with Accelerator I won't. Both Touma and Accelerator were at the literal ground zero of the event, in both the novel and in the anime, so there is no reason to assume that Touma didn't endure all of the shockwave's force. I intensely studied this scene in particular to make sure that this was the case.
Sure, but it's still an outlier for Touma, it is MUCH higher than any of his other feats and even guns/falls aside (which authors constantly wank, but we know these 2 would **** Touma up btw) Touma has been beaten by completely normal people in the series and normal humans being tier 8 in any series is sus at best.
On this topic, I... actually started look into it... And I don't actually think Awaki was damaged to badly. Here. From Volume 8 of the Index OT LN.
She was still damaged and thus wouldn't scale, in the anime version she is even KO'ed + recovering fast doesn't really mean much as it's Academy City we're talking about, the city that has already made it clear that only death can't be reverted, and even that isn't exactly true as we saw with Kagun.
Again, Junko's own 8-C feat was a fairly casual one and one that she did in order to disable Iruka's equipment. It also doesn't help that she doesn't have much fights in her own manga - she literally only fights Iruka and Arei (and Gunha, but it wasn't serious), and both times it was more or less stated that she wasn't fighting at full-power, and once she actually did so, she overpowered and blitz Arei and was only knocked out due to her full power's strain and everything else that had happened to her.
Which chapter did this happen, btw? I will need to take a closer look to give my opinion.
And Naruha - I honestly forgot her name, thanks for reminding me - is in the same boat as Junko in where she did her 8-B extremely casually - but instead of Junko's case where she was holding back for various reason, Naruha did her 8-B feat to show-off her strength in front of everybody, for lack of a better way to explain it. Which should give her, and people at a similiar level like Junko, a likely Far Higher rating to whatever rating they end up getting.
For this feat, i don't remember any character that would actually scale to everyone else taking attacks from Naru's Paper Armor so you'd have to explain how this scales to everyone else, but again, this was done with an esper power.

Man, this is much harder than I thought. Other verses just need one or two calcs, and everybody can scale to it with no issue. Moi, I chose this for myself, so I can't complain.
No, only small verses with few supporters are actually like what you described (which is wrong, but I'd have to actually know these verses to do a CRT pointing flaws in the scaling) the Big 3, DB and many other verses have several feats
Could remove the 8-A thing entirely. And replace it with say... At Least 8-C, Likely/Possibly 8-B.
Honestly, i wouldn't mind an 9A, possibly 8B rating being i thing, i just don't think the 8B feats are consistent enough for such a jump.

Bro, i kinda forgot i had to answer to this older post you did back in page 1, sorry.
NP.

About this, this is really just a vs matches problem and not something that should affect how her profile is written, given even in a vs match her iron sand/Railgun still wouldn't be scaling to the same tier as her lightning so things don't really change that much.
Ye, that can't be helped, and accepted that. More or less.

Sure, but it's still an outlier for Touma, it is MUCH higher than any of his other feats and even guns/falls aside (which authors constantly wank, but we know these 2 would **** Touma up btw) Touma has been beaten by completely normal people in the series and normal humans being tier 8 in any series is sus at best.
When has Touma been beaten by completely normal people again? Tsuchimikado has his skills and experience that allowed him to target pressure points that essentially negated his durability. Hamzaura had his luck, his powered armor, his a.i companion, and had Touma in an extremely bad mental state due to PTSD. That one girl in NT 4 also had the same thing as Tsuchimikado but both times that she had "beaten" Touma was by getting him by complete surprise. I also remember that he got swamped by a lot of people in NT 7 (or was it 6?) and in NT 10 but with guns, both of which isn't his strong point. And the guns and falls point can just be contributed to authors, or Kamachi in this case, just wanking them.

She was still damaged and thus wouldn't scale, in the anime version she is even KO'ed + recovering fast doesn't really mean much as it's Academy City we're talking about, the city that has already made it clear that only death can't be reverted, and even that isn't exactly true as we saw with Kagun.
The Light Novel and Accelerator Manga supersede this point as it makes no mention of Awaki being unconscious. And again, downscaling is a thing that can be done here.
Which chapter did this happen, btw? I will need to take a closer look to give my opinion.
Have this. It is from Junko's respect thread and showcases the scene. It is fairly casual by the simple fact that up until Arei fights her with Hard Taping, nothing in the story had pushed Junko to use the full power of her Rampage Dress. That, and in a more meta-context, there are only a very few amount of fighting scenes with Junko, so there isn't actually much to calc for best science side girl.
For this feat, i don't remember any character that would actually scale to everyone else taking attacks from Naru's Paper Armor so you'd have to explain how this scales to everyone else, but again, this was done with an esper power.

No, only small verses with few supporters are actually like what you described (which is wrong, but I'd have to actually know these verses to do a CRT pointing flaws in the scaling) the Big 3, DB and many other verses have several feats

Honestly, i wouldn't mind an 9A, possibly 8B rating being i thing, i just don't think the 8B feats are consistent enough for such a jump.
And to make this shorter...

Eh. Sure. Can't argue with your points there regarding Naru.

Eh. There are several more feats than just one 8-B feat here. Although, I do get your point here. But it does happen from time to time if there is enough support for it.

Lastly, I don't suppose you noticed that I made two more 8-Cs [1 from Seike and 1 from a Tobio twin]. Would this make you open to the idea of At Least 8-C, Possibly 8-B Rating? If not, that is fine. And I'll just add you just agreeing to At Least 9-A, Possibly 8-B.

Kamijou was clearly struggling against Skill-out members in the side story
The only times that I recall that Touma struggled against Skill-Out mems was during Biohacker and SS1, i.e, the novel that pushed Hamazura onto the road of a protag.

In the former case, that was a younger and less-experienced middle-school Touma, who just learned that he couldn't take on more than three people at once, and even then, wasn't those skill-out mems also armed and that also has the side-context of Touma withstanding a beating for 10 minutes to protect Ayu and unintentionally let Seria bring a TV Crew to shoo them away? And even then 14yr old Touma has that feat of protecting Misaki from the group known as Deadlock with their power armor known as Red Queen(s) armed with explosive-driven pile bunkers with his body as best he could.

And in SS1, Touma quite literally stealthed every Skill-Out mem he came across by knocking them on the head with a pane of thick glass he found - and only got in trouble with Skill-Out mems via a lot of them surrounding Mikoto's mom with one side wanting to take her hostage and another side wanting to kill her with all of them having guns and him only being one person - and also when Hamazura fought Touma, Hamzaura had a weapon in-hand, Touma had to deal with the fact that he also had to protect Mikoto's Mom while Hamazura wanted to kill him and her, there is also the fact that Touma ran kilometers to get to where Mikoto's Mom was (or a very long distance on foot with the starting point being wherever Touma's dorm is located), and there is also the fact that Accelerator unknowingly shot Touma so he was also injured.

The only times that I recall that Touma struggled against Skill-Out mems was during Biohacker and SS1, i.e, the novel that pushed Hamazura onto the road of a protag.

In the former case, that was a younger and less-experienced middle-school Touma, who just learned that he couldn't take on more than three people at once, and even then, wasn't those skill-out mems also armed and that also has the side-context of Touma withstanding a beating for 10 minutes to protect Ayu and unintentionally let Seria bring a TV Crew to shoo them away? And even then 14yr old Touma has that feat of protecting Misaki from the group known as Deadlock with their power armor known as Red Queen(s) armed with explosive-driven pile bunkers with his body as best he could.

And in SS1, Touma quite literally stealthed every Skill-Out mem he came across by knocking them on the head with a pane of thick glass he found - and only got in trouble with Skill-Out mems via a lot of them surrounding Mikoto's mom with one side wanting to take her hostage and another side wanting to kill her with all of them having guns and him only being one person - and also when Hamazura fought Touma, Hamzaura had a weapon in-hand, Touma had to deal with the fact that he also had to protect Mikoto's Mom while Hamazura wanted to kill him and her, there is also the fact that Touma ran kilometers to get to where Mikoto's Mom was (or a very long distance on foot with the starting point being wherever Touma's dorm is located), and there is also the fact that Accelerator unknowingly shot Touma so he was also injured.
Ah yes, a totally normal high school boy.

What's the progress of the thread so far?

Ah yes, a totally normal high school boy.

What's the progress so far?
Heh. It is Japan. High School Boys are either a bunch of pansy or a bunch of OP sons of a gun. Or a mix of both in some way.

I think all of us here in this thread agree with my CRT - with compromises here-and-there. And you are currently the only mod that has gave their two cents about this thread.

Heh. It is Japan. High School Boys are either a bunch of pansy or a bunch of OP sons of a gun. Or a mix of both in some way.
Btw, i think Accel's speed should worded like:

Mftl+ with Vector Shield (his calculation speed is this fast)

I think this is the less convoluted way of wording his speed.

I get lost with the calcs so atm I can only say I agree with the Seike upgrade and the 7-C upgrades to the applicable Level 5's.
There are several pieces of tech and weapons in the ToAru-Verse that have profiles. The Five-Over "Railgun", for example, which is 9-B physically (and has an 8-A weapon). Also, I gotta direct attention to a good number of other 9-Bs (and a few 9-As & 8-Cs) that predated my ToAru calc but were given said ratings without a calc and were only given their ratings due to statements... Not sure what to do with 'em or how to scale 'em, tbh. Suggestions would be helpful. I am leaning towards upgrading them to keep it simple and clean since a lot of 'em are still a threat to the lower-level cast mems, but that might just be my laziness speaking.
The Five Over should keep scaling higher than the destructive force of Misaka's Railgun.

Huh, you already got 2 staff approvals.

Okay, just found something else that supports Mikoto being 7C with her full power Railgun.

Okay so, if i got everything right

Everyone will be 9A, possibly 8B
Mikoto and Mugino get a possibly 7C
Mikoto gets a Up to 7B
Accel and Kakine get 7B, possibly 7A
Gunha gets the same as them (not sure about this part)

Other than that:

H1C gets removed for characters that have it only as hax (Touma, Kamisato, Yuiitsu)
Oriana's feat needs a Calc Group Thread to upgrade them to 7C.
Accel's MFTL+ needs a blog + evaluation.

Did i miss anything?

Everyone will be 9A, possibly 8B
*At Least 8-B, Possibly 8-A

Did i miss anything?
And didn't do the calc group thread. And don't intent to do so since I can't see the point. Used an entirely different formula and got an entirely different result from a result that was obtained in 2016. And Gunha gets the same treatment as Accel and Kakine, who upscales from him.

And didn't do the calc group thread. And don't intent to do so since I can't see the point. Used an entirely different formula and got an entirely different result from a result that was obtained in 2016. And Gunha gets the same treatment as Accel and Kakine, who upscales from him.
Again, i was told directly by Mitch and KingTempest that we'd have to do it, so...

*At Least 8-B, Possibly 8-A

Wait which characters are becoming 8-B?

Wait which characters are becoming 8-B?
The lower tiers, aka, the ones who can fight (the non-Uiharu/Misaki of the ToAru Verse) and were upgraded by me to At Least 9-B, Likely 9-A in my last CRT... which is incomplete and has been overwritten by this CRT.

The lower tiers, aka, the ones who can fight (the non-Uiharu/Misaki of the ToAru Verse) and were upgraded by me to At Least 9-B, Likely 9-A in my last CRT... which is incomplete and has been overwritten by this CRT.
I thougth it was supposed to be 9-B likely 8-B?

Varies comes from the fact that Mikoto has the explicit ability to control the output of her lightning and in-character lowers the output of her attacks to keep in-line with her moral code.
That's not how varies is to be used. Varies is for stats that vary due to circumstances outside of the character's control. Not just because they sometimes don't want to go all out. Virtually every character can hold back. Many characters will in-character do so (random example: Naruto sparring with Boruto). Such circumstances aren't listed as AP.
Same for "at most" or "up to", which denote uncertain or circumstantial values.

AP is "the amount of damage a character can produce", not "the amount of damage a character will produce". Willingness to hold back just doesn't factor in. Stuff like holding back can be mentioned in the Standard Tactics section instead.

That's not how varies is to be used. Varies is for stats that vary due to circumstances outside of the character's control. Not just because they sometimes don't want to go all out. Virtually every character can hold back. Many characters will in-character do so (random example: Naruto sparring with Boruto). Such circumstances aren't listed as AP.
Same for "at most" or "up to", which denote uncertain or circumstantial values.

AP is "the amount of damage a character can produce", not "the amount of damage a character will produce". Willingness to hold back just doesn't factor in. Stuff like holding back can be mentioned in the Standard Tactics section instead.
A good example of this is Hulk

Back