• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does Calypso know he can do that? Eh, probably, tbh.

Keep in mind that Mewtwo still likes to deal with his opponents as quickly as possible, so if his usual, less haxxy methods don't work out, he won't hesitate to think and be done with it.

Him going for TK and finding it doesn't work will already leave it too late for him.

Just watched that video... Dang... I got chills.

Anyway, if that's what he does when he's serious, he's a dead man. Mewtwo's not stopped by a jail cell, and Calypso doesn't know that Mewtwo is a large planet buster, just someone he can use telekinesis. From that cell, Mewtwo can do a through z (most likely just mindhax) and escape later.

His current incarnation monitors people he's BFR'd, either through telepathy (Sweet Tooth, Daniel Grimm) or through the personal radio he has that's linked to the place. (We see it in the epilogue scenes of TM 2012) His telepathy not working will already tell him that something is wrong, also.

Moreover, will Mewtwo need to teleport back, or can he mindhax from another dimension? Because that's where said prison is located; inside of a castle in the middle of a wasteland that's trapped in a pocket dimension inside of Calypso's painting.

He'd teleport back (or teleport Calypso there), and given that Calypso's only tier 5 when he's big, and he has no reason to be big with Mewtwo out of the picture (or in the picture in this case ovo), he's getting one-shot.

"in the picture". I'm done.

I mean, even if Mewtwo teleports him there, he hasn't lost his other hax abilities. He still has just as many ways to kill Mewtwo as he did before, and he's also far from stupid enough to just stand there wondering why he's suddenly in a cell with the guy he just sent away.

Him being giant is already semi-OOC anyway though, since the only time he grew huge like that was when he was stretching some guy's face across the planet. Whether or not he'd remain huge is--

Wait, we've been debating giant Calypso this whole time?

Point.

Still though, if he's starting off the match giant, then aren't we supposed to assume he remains giant throughout the match? The match is 5-A VS 5-A, so a character becoming 9-C mid-fight defeats the point of that.

If he thinks the match is over, that's another story. Like, if a character had a temporary transformation and they reverted after they thought they one, only to be sneak attacked. This is...kinda common in fiction and how a lot of fights play out (lookin at you, Goku vs Frieza...both times)

That kind of PIS is thrown in the trash during VS threads, though. Otherwise we'd have arguments of Goku deactivating one of his Super Saiyan transformations mid-fight and getting killed for it, or something else similar.

Even then, as I said, Calypso will still have his powers even if he's suddenly teleported into his prison-dimension. So if that happens and he's 9-C, then it just winds up being another "who hits first" situation, since Calypso can activate his powers with a thought.

That's not PIS, that's CIS, which is entirely allowed. It's why Bill Cipher's loss list is so long.

Calypso would have to react right off the bat, the second Mewtwo becomes a threat again, like he knew it was going to happen. The element of surprise exists.

That's not true actually, CIS is when the character is naturally stupid, PIS is when the character is contradicted for the plot

Calypso is the latter

^Pretty much.

Also, Bill's loss list is long because he's crap-tier compared to other Low 2-Cs.

Someone returning to normal size after presumably defeating an opponent isn't a plot thing. CIS may not have been the best term for it. In-character is much better. I doubt anyone would remain bigger than the planet when they don't have to.

Considering he's likely to follow up by checking up on Mewtwo with his telepathy like he's done with numerous others, only to realize that his telepathy doesn't seem to be working, I'd say he'll be more than a little bit suspicious as to whether or not he's truly defeated him.

And again, if the match is 5-A VS 5-A with Calypso starting off giant, then I get the feeling that's how it's meant to stay.

Wait, he's gonna try keeping in touch with Mewtwo via telepathy? What's stopping Mewtwo from allowing the connection so he has a way to mindhax him?

Figured Mewtwo had some a passive block on that sort of thing, like a mental barrier. Are his telepathic defenses usually automatic, or does he consistently need to block telepathy manually?

He can allow a connection. He had telepathic communications with people before. It's like answering a phone call, I presume.

I suppose that may be a potential way for Mewtwo to win, then.

Also, I missed this the first time, but:

The real cal howard said:
Also, given that there's hundreds of people in there, it seems to be his primary means of dealing with people.
Eh, not really. It depends on the game. In some cases, he likes to teleport people into space (probably won't happen here for obvious reasons, unless he gets the feeling Mewtwo can't breathe in space) or send them backwards in time. It's also implied that the dimension he sent Preacher to is the place where he keeps all of the people who've lost his contest (or won and gotten screwed over), so not all of those people would necessarily be BFR victims.

Also, I'm now imagining Calypso and Mewtwo just having a conversation in each other's heads and some of it is kind of funny.

Calypso: So, you can talk back?

Mewtwo: Yeah. You gonna keep me here?

Calypso: Well, you did try to kill me.

Mewtwo: Fair enough. I can leave here at any time, but it's been a while since I talked to any human. So, um, what's your deal?

Calypso: I'm pretty much the devil.

Mewtwo: Huh. Always thought the devil was some sort of ghost dragon centipede thing.

Calypso: Wait, what? Now that I think about it, what are you? No one else has powers like mine.

Mewtwo: I am a clone of the legendary Mew.

Calypso: And what is that?

Mewtwo: A Pokemon.

Calypso: What's a Pokemon?

Mewtwo: You don't know what a Pokemon is? Hold on. Let me get in a better place.

• Mewtwo teleports in front of Calypso, and the two are face to face.
Calypso: JESUS CHRIST! You're a cat!

Mewtwo: You didn't see me earlier?

Calypso: Well, I was the size of a planet earlier. Hard to see a seven foot cat.

Mewtwo: Fair enogugh. So, what do you do for fun around here?

Calypso: Torment greedy humans. Didn't you hear the screams from inside the picture?

Mewtwo: Torturing evil humans gives me life. Need any help?

Calypso: You bet.

Not really.

I mean, the whole reason this was a debate was because, when this was active, everybody ran under the assumption that Calypso always 100% opened with BFR.

Which isn't really the case.

Back