• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

Phantoon is quite big, but I think it would technically be Dark Samus when she merges with Phaaze. But other than that, Quadraxis is also quite massive and so is Kraid.

Kraid's pretty big, but he's not as big as Quadraxis or Chyyka since Samus seems to be about knee height with Kraid:

iu

Kraid's height is inconsistent, but I recall calculating him to be about 20 meters or 67 feet tall or so.

Yeah, Phantoon has like some statements about being "An upper-dimensional entity" albeit super vague. And Tallon IV Chozo also used to be upper-dimensional until Phazon regressed them.

Ah, not quite, she only fought weaker versions. + being 4-D, 5-D, or 11-D ect alone means nothing for tier anymore.

Well, if you include every form of the three main suits and include Zero Suit as a suit in itself; there's 14 total.

But my favorite would have to be either the Light Suit or the Omega Suit. I really like all the iconic powers it has from Metroid Prime 2 + it looks freakin awesome with that white color. All Prime Suits especially look awesome. The Omega Suit is basically a composite version of the Varia Legendary Power Suit and Gravity Fusion Suit. But it's her most recent suit she got from SA-X.

The Light Suit is pretty cool.

I'm also a fan of the slimmer, biological look of the Fusion Suit, myself. The Omega Suit keeps that aspect, I just wish its colors were a bit more distinct.

For favorite Suit I separate that into 3 categories.

My favorite overall design for the classic Varia/Gravity Suit has to be from Super Metroid. Compared to the Prime 2/3 design the Super design is more... uniform. You look at the whole thing and nothing is out of place to me. The Prime design looks really good from the waist up, but viewing the whole thing the armor plating on Samus' thighs in the Varia Suit don't seem very thick and aren't quite like the armor's torso or the lower half of Samus' legs. The Arm Cannon is also notably big, especially in-game, but I guess it's to show that someone's hand can actually fit in there. I hope all that made sense, I'm not sure how else to describe it.

In terms of favorite suit for performance and features it's easily the Gravity Suit. It can protect against extreme temperatures like the Varia Suit (at least it can in Super Metroid) and lets Samus move in liquids and altered gravity environments as if it's normal while negating lava damage on top of that. The Gravity Suit is basically the Varia Suit but better, however doesn't provide quite the defense boost (50% reduction for Varia vs 25% for Gravity in Super Metroid) and acid negation of the Varia Suit so you'll still want both. I also LOVE how the Gravity Suit looks in Samus Returns, it's not just a color swap any more. I hope that is a trend from now on.

In terms of overall appearance my favorite Suit is also the Gravity Suit but from Samus Returns specifically. The Light Suit is a very close second. That sounds kinda like a basic bitch answer but there it is.

Here's an entertaining video:

It's about Link VS Ridley. This is supposed to be a first in a series of videos to determine who is the strongest character(s) in Smash Bros based on their canon strength. Based on this first video everyone will be composite, so take a guess who won this match up. There's a better and faster way to determine who is the strongest characters based on their canon strength than a massive tournament arc, but the video is entertaining with a pretty good fight animation at the end. The research wasn't too bad either though stuff was left out on both sides, although that could be to prevent the video from being too long. Also, Phazon wasn't really brought up as a factor in the fight. It was mentioned several times in the analysis but was never discussed in real depth. I don't think Phazon would allow Ridley to beat composite Link though.

Dark Samus was beating Complete Triforce Ganon; though, Link is better with Triforce and Ridley is less haxed than DS.

A GIF of Samus Aran repelling the Metroid Queen with a punch would be awesome.

Nice! We should probably list it as a justification for her Planet Class Striking Strength.

I realized a little while ago, Samus' hint system in the Prime games is pretty impressive since it can observe and analyze basically everything on a planetary scale along with Space Pirate communications. Samus doesn't even need to do anything, the hint system just does everything in the background casually on top of everything else the suit can do, like it's a basic feature. You can read the text for each hint system entry here: https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Hint_system. One of the entries in Prime 1 is for getting the Charge Beam after Super Missile which never occurred to me since I never get up to Super Missile before getting Charge Beam.

Planetary range with passive Information Analysis? Not as effective in combat as the scan visor, but still very potent.

I thought of something that could be very overpowered. If there was some sort of Ben 10 crossover and Samus got her own Omnitrix or touched Ben's Omnitrix and got an equivalent upgrade that way. Samus' Power Suit and abilities run through Samus' DNA sequence (so says Samus & Joey) so Samus could apply her Power Suit to whatever alien form she took. On top of that, the Omnitrix could potentially interface with Samus Power Suit to integrate technology/magic like the Omnitrix would unrecorded aliens. The Samus & Joey page I'm referencing is right here:

sc_157.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that part of why Samus never feels self-conscious about wearing clothing as form-fitting as the Zero Suit is because she's used to feeling exposed, since her armor is a part of her body and retains her sense of touch.

Maybe, although it could also have to do with Samus being raised by bird people, whose culture's lack of any sexuality literally led to its demise lol

Yeah, she's pretty much always naked; Bayonetta is kind of a ripoff of Samus in a way.

I mentioned Samus' hint system would be planetary range info analysis, but after re-reading the entries, it provides a bit more:
  • The Hive Totem: Earth Manipulation (Samus' hint system detected that the Totem created unusual seismic activity within the Chozo Ruins)
  • Thardus: Earth Manipulation (Same as above)
  • Ice Beam: Several Tens of Kilometers range by its presence (Samus' hint system pointed out that the Ice Beam was affecting the climate of the Chozo Ruins)
  • Gravity Suit: Gravity Manipulation (Affected the gravity of its local surroundings according to Samus' hint system)
  • Plasma Beam: Also had unusual seismic activity, but its kinda weird to say it has Earth Manip?
  • Information Analysis: Her Hint System detects the following:
    • Climate
    • Migiration / movement
    • Energy Spikes
    • Seismic activity
    • Gravity changes
    • Communication
    • Fluid analysis
    • Specific physical structures (ex: a half-pipe)
    • Spectral activity
    • Weaponry
    • Data sources

Doesn't Prime 2 and 3 have something similar? With the amount of fucky shit in 2 it would probably lead to some interdimensional analytical bullshit.

The seismic activity sounds like Plasma Beam is powerful enough to cause Earthquakes.

DDM Yeah that's what I kinda find weird. The Plasma Beam is just... There, not in use.

Chariot unfortunately, I couldn't find anything like that. After Prime it got more game mechanic-y

Hmm, well.
That's unfortunate.
Unrelated but another MFTL+ feat for the gunships (Pg.18 onward). Could probably angsize and apply that to standard ships. Which would in turn scale to quite a bit like Ridley or Gray, who can tag various ships midflight, and I think even basic power suit but I have to check.

Yeah S&J has a shitton of Massively FTL+ combat speed feats.

Diesel's ship probably isn't a good thing to scale to regular spaceships, given he also created Samus' gunship and his species is known for creating high tech gear.

Diesel's ship probably isn't a good thing to scale to regular spaceships, given he also created Samus' gunship and his species is known for creating high tech gear.
Eh, either way, a standard ship managed to travel to that sector as well, given Samus went to go rescue them. And again on the way back at the end of the volume. No real timeframe though, just know it obviously didnt take weeks or months. Would still be a MFTL+ feat, albeit no concrete number.

Joey hadn't seen his mother for a pretty significant time, it's entirely possible that it took weeks. Though I'm not sure of scaling characters to the ships when they're still on-planet.

I'm pretty sure computer in the ships AI's still have combat speed and reactions similar to their flight speeds; obviously not most characters who operate their ships just from those alone. But I can see Auto-pilot ships that try to ram people and characters evading it being okay for scaling.

They're on autopilot?' I'm not even sure they have AI, given that goes against MP3 Aurora Units and Fusion's Adam being unique.

You were the one who brought up ships being able to operate on autopilots on a previous thread when you mentioned being against Massively FTL+ space pirates being able to pilot ships Bike chase battletoads style.

I did? Maybe I'm forgetting something, do you mind linking it?

EDIT: Never played Battletoads, you sure I made that comparison?

That was J-Man who compared it; simply piloting a fast ship would not scale to reaction speeds; but if they do it with these levels of skill it would was the point.

And I forgot when you said it, but I think it was the very first Metroid general discussion and it was back in 2018. It might be moved here, but I will need to search certain key words I forgot to find it.

Back