• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

Well I checked the GDs and I can't quite say I remember the Space Pirates doing any high-end maneuvers in space.

There are a handful of moment in Prime 2 where Samus activates a bomb slot or moves a gate on Dark Aether and the Power Suit detects interdemensional activity and a change on Light Aether practically immediately. Something like that could be connected to the Hint System.

I don't think that's part of the hint system officially, though it would sound like it.

Although Samus doesn't possess a traditional weakness like Kryptonite outside of her Ridley PTSD, I think I've thought of the next best thing. Acid damage. If Samus doesn't get an armor upgrade to protect from it, environmental damage from acid is some of the most damaging substances Samus goes up against, especially the acid rain on the Pirate Homeworld. That makes a lot of sense to me since her armor is made of metal so acid is sort of super effective. On top of that, Samus' only weaknesses are the weaknesses of technology in general. Heat, water and corrosion/rust. Radiation seems fitting as well for her organic parts/human body since Samus' suit doesn't seem to block radiation like lead would.

I'm pretty sure that's a super acid; and her Varia Suit does protect her from that. Her suit can even withstand the core of a star even in the most basic form. So it's not enough to be considered a "Kryptonite type of weakness." The only suit that really has a weakness like that is the Fusion Suit, which in that case is Ice, but she no longer has that weakness.

Samus' Varia Suit protects against naturally occurring acid on Zebes but not acid projectiles from enemies. I don't think that's a gameplay mechanic so my guess would be the Varia Suit protects against the strongest naturally occurring acid but something like the Xenomorph Acid Blood would deal damage to Samus considering the acid rain on the Pirate Homeworld. Even with the Varia Suit and Hyper Mode, the Pirate Homeworld acid rain will kill Samus in seconds until she gets the Hazard Shield. If you try to enter the acid rain with Hyper Mode active you will immediately be kicked out of Hyper mode and start taking damage, I tried to see if I could just walk through since Hyper Mode makes Samus invulnerable to damage until her Phazon Meter gets corrupted and turns red.

I consider stuff like heat and acid without Varia Suit as a type of "weakness" her Power Suit has since they deal a lot of damage until Samus gets the right gear (that could be one of the reasons her suit power ups were made). Once Samus is at full power she is essentially immune to environmental hazards. You know how characters in horror movies use environmental hazards to kill the monster chasing them? If anyone tried that on Samus it would do literally nothing or be a mild annoyance at best.

The problem is, scientifically, the Sun's core is also extreme heat and radiation; so the lava that hurts Samus would have to be like Quadrillions to Octillions of degrees Celsius depending on the type of armor she's wearing to really hurt Samus. And It is game mechanics if the enemies aren't shooting planet levels of acid and what not if it's the Legendary Varia Suit; which again, it would have to be hundreds of Zetatons of TNT equivalent or in thermal energy's temperature it be in the Octillions of degrees. Or it would have to have a super high density.

The problem is, even her most basic suit has shown great levels of resistance to heat; it's just Metroid Universe environmental hazards are just that extreme and it has a lot of super powerful aliens and what not. But, her better suits just have a lot more.

Unironically hoping it gets delayed a few days, so I can actually watch it.
Missing Prime 4 footage if it happens is gonna do a number on me.

I'm pretty sure the whole video would just be posted as a rewatchable video after the live stream ends.

Something I noticed a long while ago but never bothered to get around to it. You know how Samus' Power Suit is biotech and you can't take it off unless Samus wants it to come off? I believe I have more proof that I only noticed until I gave the Fusion's prologue art a good look. Although a small point, I found this interesting so I thought I'd bring it up. It's at 1:54 in this video:

Notice how there's a large portion of Samus' helmet that's been ripped off to put a re breather on Samus' mouth. Samus' helmet is the only part that seems to be designed to removed independently of the rest of the Power Suit. However, the Federation still didn't take it off when operating on Samus. If they could just take off Samus' helmet, they would have done that. It would have been faster, easier and they could have studied Samus' helmet and the tech inside while Samus was unconscious. However, they didn't. Some might say "Oh well Fusion was in 2002, Samus' gender wasn't public knowledge yet so they wanted to keep her identity hidden." I understand that point but there would be multiple ways to hide Samus' face if that was the case. Lens flair, put one of the surgical instruments in the way of Samus' face among others. However, that's not what happened. On the other hand, there's the Samus & Joey rendition of the same scene where Samus' helmet is just fine:

sc_SAJ_Fus1_177.jpg

Oh well Fusion was in 2002, Samus' gender wasn't public knowledge yet so they wanted to keep her identity hidden.

Actually, super and beyond it's pretty clear that Nintendo didn't care about it being a secret. It's stated she's a chick in everything she's in and the opening to super has the crystal flash.

And you get shot of Samus in a bikini if you beat the games fast enough. Game Overs also give you brief female body sprites yes.

Can someone tell me from which manga the star freezing feat came from? Specifically the issues/chapters that revolve around it.

Last edited:
This might seem random but I have some headcanon as for why Proteus Ridley is so powerful in Samus Returns considering he was able to give full power Samus some real trouble and is legit the hardest Ridley fight (not counting Other M Hard Mode). Considering Samus gets Aeion (an energy source exclusive to SR388) from Ridley via Melee Counters and at the end of each phase, Ridley was probably on SR388 for a time, ate some of the native creatures and integrated their cells and Aeion into his body, giving Ridley a noticeable stat buff. Considering Ridley comes out of nowhere and is not hinted at all, this seems like a reasonable explanation.

Also to note is that Ridley's healing is accelerated by eating other organisms, and we see Ridley's fast regen shortly after the battle.

We saw Ridley's discarded left robot hand as a Hornoad tried to eat it in the Samus Returns post credits scene which raises more questions. Proteus Ridley looks like a type of Meta Ridley variant since his right arm, left leg, tail and bottom jaw are completely robotic. This is the one reason why I'd accept a Super Metroid remake to MAYBE give an explanation as to how Ridley shows up in Super after what happened in Samus Returns. Maybe through something like the Chozo Memories, lore as a reward for 100%. That and quality of life updates like respin and grabbing ledges. Metroid having it's own version of the Terminals from Halo would be cool.

The explanation I recall seeing (which may have just been headcanon) is that as Ridley regenerates, his rebuilding flesh pushes out and discards his cybernetics over time. Hence how he goes from Ridley, to Meta Ridley, and back to Ridley.

If anyone here has time to kill, what are your thoughts on this:

It's not really about the match up itself or who would win, just why it would be important for this match up to happen. Honestly if Samus vs Master Chief was going to happen it would have replaced the Samus vs Boba Fett Remaster since that was a Haloid tribute. I'd much rather Samus vs Mega Man X but at least one or two of his points seem legit.

Also, not sure if the video maker has some sort of reputation, it's just a Metroid VS Match Up video I saw/found so I figured I'd share.

It's an obvious stomp, but would be a better tribute than Samus Vs Boba Fett yeah. But as for Vs debating, Samus Aran is better off fighting Mega Man, Mega Man X, Iron Man, or Blue Beetle. Samus Aran Vs Blue Beetle would actually be quite interesting given they actually have similarities.

Whether it's against Samus, or a rematch with Doomguy, John is getting his ass whooped real hard though. It's Thor Vs Raiden all over again.

Yeah it’s mostly cause of the matches importance to DB as a whole and it paying tribute to Monty Oum who not only helped revolutionize animations the way we know them but was also close friends with several people on the team. I would be okay with it if they decided to do it even if it isn’t the best Samus idea by itself.

Honestly, even the Samus Aran Vs Boba Fett isn't much better; ESU Boba Fett Vs Zero Suit Samus sort of makes sense and can be a good fight but in the end. It doesn't quite have the symbolism or Haloid reference Samus Vs Master Chief had. But to be fair, Haloid was what originally inspired Ben and Chad to make animated fights; the reason for replacing Master Chief with Boba Fett was several reasons; they wanted to pay tribute but not flat out copy it, Ben was personally a big Star Wars fan but was also really annoyed how Star Wars fans overhype Boba Fett so he wanted to see someone kick his ass, and other details made that one just seem more even compared to how Samus Vs John would have been. There would have been a lack of airborne scenes if they made Samus Vs Master Chief back then.

Back