• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I also prefer 2D games, and especially happy the Punch mechanic is retained from Samus Returns.

933.png

E.M.M.I. legit somehow scales around Gorea as it takes the Omega Cannon to kill it.

Speaking of, why is the Omega Cannon from Hunters back? Seems like an odd connection...

Not accounting for tier 3 people, who would we say is the top of he scaling chain for metroid rn
nobody that's tier 3.
Samus if ya wanna include her one off power ups and boosts like the hyper beam or a **** ton of phazon amping that allowed her to outmuscle what would normally be said top tiers.
Otherwise Prime 3 Dark Samus imo or MB, if we talking pure raw AP and not the slew of other bullshit and hax certain characters may have.
Though, then again, a Queen Metroid can literally one shot kill Samus in grav iirc, and not even Hyper Beam MB instant kills, though it does incap and can do so in 2-3 shots 🤔 But that's from a bad game so let's ignore that.

Though, idk how you people scale them here or what's the current established scaling, I'm just going on memory here.

a **** ton of phazon amping that allowed her to outmuscle what would normally be said top tiers.
actually, about this i am pretty sure that she never actually outmuscled Dark samus, in Prime 3 she overloaded her with phazon and didn't actually kill her with her own ap

Fought on equal footing including a fused aurora unit variant and managed to overload DS with so much phazon (despite having like, a planet's worth) to the point she was annihilated so badly she couldn't regenerate 🤷‍♂️

Semantics imo, I'd still put a amped Prime 3 Samus >= Prime 3 Dark Samus, at least to a minor degree.

overload DS with so much phazon (despite having like, a planet's worth) to the point she was annihilated so badly she couldn't regenerate 🤷‍♂️
Overloading does not equal contending with since you can overload a computer with electricity does that mean the electricity scales above the computer, you can overload a dam, doesn't mean the water is stronger than the dam

Yup, this will be chronologically the last game in the series so far. And yeah, the EMMI better be OP as ****.

Overloading does not equal contending
Ok? That's literally not what I said, I said contending with, because that's quite literally what happened, they fought on relatively equal ground and pushed her back to such a point she resorted to fusing with the Aurora Unit.
Unless you think Dark Samus never landed a single hit on Samus at all in that fight and Samus just perfectly avoided every single attack and did nothing but overload, I'd call that contending.

Yup, this will be chronologically the last game in the series so far. And yeah, the EMMI better be OP as ****.
If the twitter is to be believed, nothing short of the omega cannon can harm even a broken down version of one.

Ok? That's literally not what I said, I said contending with, because that's quite literally what happened, they fought on relatively equal ground and pushed her back to such a point she resorted to fusing with the Aurora Unit.
Unless you think Dark Samus never landed a single hit on Samus at all in that fight and Samus just perfectly avoided every single attack and did nothing but overload, I'd call that contending.
Oh wait, I thought you were talking about Eos/Post fusion dark samus, yeah before that she was able to contend

Anyway, has everyone watched the tree house footage yet?
There's some notable shit, Adam AI is a thing still, so at this point he's probably gonna be worth adding into Samus' standard (albeit situational) equipment.
Phantom Cloak is done via refraction of light.
Random alien monster boss has a solid High 8-C feat eyeballing it (Samus also grapples it so just a bit of extra LS shit).

It's funny how they bring back Omega Cannon for this new foe; not to mention. If they're implied to be above Gorea, people can shut about about plots to downplay Tier 5 stuff.

I was at work all day today so I'm only just now showing up. To clarify, the weapon Samus uses to kill that first, REALLY beat up EMMI is called the Omega Blaster after her Arm Cannon is converted to an Omega Cannon. Not sure what that's about, hopefully there's some sort of lore explanation. From what I saw from the footage you don't need to kill EMMI's to progress, but there is a weapon that can destory them. Maybe you need to kill them all near the end to unlock the final area? Also I expect that Full Power Samus will stomp any EMMI she comes across, especially since she'll have a piercing weapon like the Plasma Beam and the Screw Attack makes everything easier. Maybe you'll get the Omega Cannon (or something similar to it) as a permanent unlock at some point. Hopefully the suit upgrades aren't palette swaps, although I'm loving the new suit design.

Here's something to think about. If these EMMI's are super tanky to the point where regular missiles bounce off, what could have damaged that first EMMI so much? Also, Samus got an Omega Cannon by absorbing energy from a giant organic super computer. Seems pretty similar to the Hyper Beam from Super Metroid.

On thing to note is that the Phantom Cloak is an Aeion abuility, and the meter regenerates over time. Moving makes the meter regen faster and the more of the meter is depleted, the longer it takes to recharge. Also, once you deactivate an Aeion Ability, you can't reuse an Aeion Ability until the meter fully recharges. The fact that you aren't required to farm enemies for Aeion sounds SOOOOOO good, since I remember several times being stuck in Samus Reutrns being unable to use Beam Burst and had to use the Ice Beam for damage. Whether or not there are Aeion Expansions have has yet to be seen. I got this stuff about the Aeion Abilities from this video:

Also, here's this amazing gif:

Last thing for this post, here's an article form the official Metroid Dread website that gives more info on the reveal trailer and sheds some light on story stuff, but only just a little: https://metroid.nintendo.com/news/#...t-vol--1--a-closer-look-at-the-reveal-trailer

It's weird coming from the invincible protagonist thread discussing Samus to seeing E.M.M.I stomp her in direct confrontations
Merely temporary, by the end of the game she's probably gonna be ripping them apart with her war faction stolen war chozo tech that Mercury definitely didn't set up ahead of time in the remake and the fact Chozo are in the game confirmed is definitely not at all even slightly in relation to those ones at all and the Federation having tech that is now suddenly above Samus to such a degree despite being explicitly shown incapable of even replicating the most basic technology without making it the size of like a building (and still weaker) as tehy've tried many times for war purposes is definitely not due to them being in contact with the war Chozo.
🤷‍♂️

Also in case anyone doesn't know, the planet is called ZDR, and the robots are designed to extract DNA.
If I had to guess, they're after Samus due to her having Metroid DNA and the Federation wants that shit still.

I just wanna say, doing renders for E.M.M.I blows, I'm having to go pixel by pixel on this ****** because he's all white, and the background for his official HD picture is on an all white background, needless to say, using a "remove background" tool or even celpen and bucketing, doesn't work, it catches some of his actual body as well.
Even irl these things incite dread.

So EMMI hunts Samus because they think she's the ultimate threat that's going to destroy the Universe; that makes a lot of sense now that we think about that.

Nah just take away all the Phazon stuff and a few other things, and you can say that they are basically the same

Samus Fuses with the X more than she did in Fusion becoming a wholly new beast that the Federation is not prepared for

Back