• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Previous Thread

I'm thinking about making a profile for the Megaroid from S&J, Flaahgra from Prime 1, and maybe the Diggernaut from SR? What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good list. Was there also that one weapon from Federation Force that Hunter also wanted?

Ah, the Doomseye... Didn't have it in me to replay FF in singleplayer for that. I'll probably for some 100% gameplay before making that profile, though it is decently haxxed all things considered.

Since I'm debating with Xcano off-site about S&J, I reread the manga enough to make the Megaroid profile.

Enjoy!

Do we have a profile for the Guts/Black Knight expy from s&j?

Go ahead, between the PM and some further stuff for this verse I'm pretty occupied anyways lol

The biggest one being the massive ancient Tallon IV Chozo and Phazon upgrades.

Oh wait, Medeus is that Metroid feat I ran by you usable or needed at all? Or should I just throw it out in light of better feats? Inverse square law would probably hit it anyway as a durability feat. So it's only really relevant to the missile itself.

The underwater volcano one? I don't think that was properly calculated nor am I sure it would lead results that are too high.

And, I'd rather not spoil the Tallon lore too much, but there are statements about Tallon IV Chozo that they ascend all time and space, exist outside of it, and don't possess physical bodies anymore. And that it would be added to the list of things Phazon can null.

No the nuclear reactor meltdown, where Samus rides out of it atop her ship with the country busting missile.

I assume that's the proper translations yeah? Not the convuluted **** up translation that's since been retconned. If the former that's kinda hype.

It's based on the most recent version of the Prime trilogy, which has better translations. And oh yeah, not too certain but should get good results.

@Chariot It's a good calc for Samus' gunship since it adds a numerical value to what we already know. However, if it was calced with the NTF formula, I feel like I should mention that it stops being relevant once you hit tier 6.

@DDM We already have that information on the wiki for Phazon don't we? We just don't count it for the Chozo page given how we lack any other info about the Ascended Tallon Chozo in comparison to their physical forms. Unless of course, there's something you're still keeping secret?

Ah yeah, I remember that discussion just didn't remember that yield. Though, it is similar to another High 6-B calc.

>However, if it was calced with the NTF formula

No idea what you mean, just did the explosion formula, but didn't halve it as it's an actual nuclear explosion so halving isn't needed. It gives her ship a yield, only issue is the ship's surface area I guess. (Didn't Ghor wreck it in Prime 3?).

The NTF formula is what we use for explosions that destroy everything in their wake. When it comes to the explosion formulas, we have the NTF, fireball, shockwave, or nuclear device ones, I'm guessing its the nuclear one given how you mentioned not having to half it.

Ghor wrecked the one from FF/Prime gunship, the calc only really matters for the iconic gunship.

Story of my life, my whole f***ing computer froze up and crashed when I least expected when trying to type. Anyway, I know we have a lot of things covered on the Phazon page and blog, but not sure about the outside of time and space or above and beyond it parts though. Not sure if added to page yet.

Neo VSBattles forum is too tough for your computer huh?

Or maybe it's too excited for Metroid lol

Actually, my laptop is just an old rusty piece of junk from 2013. It's up to date as far as harddrive is concerned, but I think it might be too dusty from the inside out and my CPU keeps overheating. This causes the screen + mouse to completely freeze up and for this really annoying buzzing sound to play.

I remember back when I was on one of the first-gen chromebooks with vsb during my first 3 years here. God that was shi-

> old rusty piece of junk from 2013.
>Old
>2013
That's ****** up. I remember when shit like Prime was brand new.

Games that old are often good, but Laptops and consoles often only last a few years before they break down and wear out.

To this day, it seems like the best showcase of what Samus can do in her Power Suit outside of the Metroid games themselves is Haloid. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Like, even outside of the amazing choreography, nothing comes close to Haloid.

The fact that when Samus Space Jumps and there are actual thrusters on the bottom of Samus' feet, you know that someone at least did some research: .

Apparently there were talks of Leviathan not really scaling to anyone, Ridley not having traveled that distance himself and could've flew a ship or something, and so they would downgrade theie AP and Speed.

It's getting contention for the speed part, but apparently some places are hesitant to buy Tier 5 Samus now? I dunno. I thought the exploding planet thing was good but meh.

Good to hear her hax may be upgraded though?

@Foxthefox1000 Don't just listen to every offsite conversation you hear. A lot of them literally take a bunch of details out of context and/or are just trying to deliberately downplay Samus Aran because they're butthurt that she stomps a lot of their favorite FPS protagonists and such. But, the Leviathan very much fully scales to Dark Samus; the 5-B feat was done by a baby Leviathan in which a full grown Leviathan is much stronger. Dark Samus literally absorbs three Leviathan cores and is superior to the combined power of three of them even in her weakest state. Samus is also still on her level. There's also multiple Tier 5 feats; Super Power Bomb busts a planet, Gorea is a casual planet buster, and there's also Mother Brain's High 4-C attack that Phantoon survived. If inverse square law is used, it could become a back up Tier 5 feat.

Also, Ridley never had a ship. He literally escapes Ceres Space Station via his wings and had no ship. He also seemingly arrived without a single ship as he was clearly undetected by the various ship scanners. Meaning he also would have had to have flown really fast. There also was no ship on SR388 at the end of Samus Returns. Proteus Ridley would have had to exit without one. And again, there's also still multiple Massively FTL+ speed feats. Such as Samus Aran physically outpacing her arm cannon beam which also outpaced her ship while it was indeed traveling at full speed.

People have always been ignorant to accept the tiers and speed despite obvious context.

Last edited:
>because they're butthurt that she stomps a lot of their favorite FPS protagonists and such.

Idk, I hate thinking f these things in terms of a pissing contest, but wouldn't it scale anyway? Didn't literal ******* infantile metroids take a leviathan impact point blank to the face pre Prime 1?

As for the Ridley thing, yeah, he has a ship, but in the case of Meta, he himself very explicitly outpaces Samus' ship, like we outright see it on screen. Not to mention Dark Samus' MFTL+ planetary travel feat, Samus tagging MFTL+ ships enhanced with a speed booster in S&J, Ridley himself taking part in space dogfights where he's shooting down Galactinc Federation ships and flying after them in the Zero Mission Manga, ****, Samus' ship travels to a completely different galaxy in what seems to be comparable to driving out of town for a bit in S&J, which is a current uncalced feat that would dwarf everything so far, and still end scale to Samus as in the same arc her beam was shown to be faster than the very same ship.

To be fair, infantile Metroids are weirdly more durable than some of their other evolutions like the Alphas and Gammas.

Most places have tier 9 Samus, much less tier 5 Samus. So this isn't a new problem.

> tier 9 Samus
******* wot. Even at the absolute lowest how could anyone get that. That's like saying Superman is like, maybe building level. That's not even a lowend, that's just not even trying to be accurate, like even if you lowend the shit out of samus and ignore everything but the lowends, she should still come out as like Tier 7, maybe 6.

I didn't mean to come off as blunt, it's just that it's a topic that gets spammed constantly. I don't care about what a bunch of offsite people say, but I just wish people would avoid spreading offsite crap here. Because that stuff has already been ancient news. But it's especially people who are infuriated by the fact that Samus far curb stomps Master Chief in every way that tends to be one of the most popular motives for Metroid downplay.

But yeah, almost every video game franchise is considered Tier 9 on a lot of Vs debating communities. It's due to the fact that many communities are either unfamiliar or strait up ignores the Destructive Capacity Vs Attack Potency debate entirely. And they literally pay 0 attention to the lore and really solely based on things that happen in gameplay. We have seen Tier 9 Link, Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Kratos, Dante, Cloud, Ness, Crono, ect based on those very same lines of logic. And yeah, some communities are also just super biased against every franchise that isn't their favorite. Plenty of people think Dragon Ball is the only verse in all of fiction that exceeds Tier 9 in terms of consistency. And there are also websites heavily biased towards Marvel and DC and biased against everything else; most of the worst trolls we ever had on the wiki tend to be exactly that.

I don't even get that, even in gameplay Samus has casual blatant tier 8 feats like vaporizing giant monsters or pulverizing steel rooms and the like. I'm wondering what tier 9 Samus is even based on when even zero suit samus' pea shooter is tier 9 in gameplay at minimum. You can ignore cutscenes, lore, extra material, etc and look entirely at gameplay and Samus still exceeds tier 9 with zero issue.

Also, the only time Ridley ever had a ship was in the 2002 Manga and thus original Metroid era. Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Proteus Ridley, and Super Metroid era Ridley have never really used a ship. So that example from Samus Returns and then to Super Metroid example was definitely main flight.

It always goes back to Metroid being a "realistic verse", whatever that means.

Ah yes, Metroid, a realistic verse involving psychic bird people, a main character who can casually strut around on a planet with gravity almost 1,000 times greater than earths and has the ability to distort time among many other weird abilities, and whatever the hell is going with Phazon. Truly, there's fewer words that can describe it better than "realistic".

>on a planet with gravity almost 1,000 times greater than earths

To be fair that's probably a case of Retro not knowing how to math, not that it matters because they haven't bothered to change it. Other sources give Zebes like 2-3G though.

Back