• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing them with little effort yet struggling with lower feats and being harmed by weaker attacks is precisely what makes it an outlier

Thing is Zack will eventually be getting a weakness to piercing damage once the piercing damage revision is made so that's not really a good comparison

AP and LS are not always the same, he didnt sent it flying physically

Threw a few numbers into a calculator, ZEKE alone has Class M strength for being able to jump hundreds of meters in less than 3 seconds.

And Big Boss>ZEKE.

>he didnt sent it flying physically

Uh, he actually did, not flying, but definitely not what youre implying, he tossed ZEKE and ZEKE almost fell on its ass and Paz is actually like wtf how.

>Atm people are discussing peace Walker as a whole being disregarded

Hmm yes, ignore an entire explicitly canon game that is hyper critical to the franchise as a whole.
This isnt AC!D or Twin Snakes. Who the hell are these people anyway? Is it just you or...?

Also another example? Any superhero worth a damn being harmed by basic blunt trauma that they otherwise should be able to walk off.

Do I seriously need to explain how completely ignoring one of the most canonically-relevant games in the series is absolutely laughable?

Do I seriously need to explain how completely ignoring one of the most canonically-relevant games in the series is absolutely laughable?
You don't need to explain it. Anyone who even bothers to bring that up simply isn't worth talking too.
It'd be like ignoring the Planet Vegeta/Bardock Arc for Dragon Ball, except worse.

Nope, a lot of people are in agreement I'm just waiting for them to comment here
Yeah, those people are absolutely out of their mind and wrong, end of the story. You cannot ignore a game which is undeniably canon and among the most important story-wise, there's no possible argument that makes this reasonable

Hmm yes, ignore an entire explicitly canon game that is hyper critical to the franchise as a whole.
This isnt AC!D or Twin Snakes. Who the hell are these people anyway? Is it just you or...?
From what I've seen the main ones are Zark, APM, and Aly

And they're all wrong.
Ignoring an entire game is never going to happen if this game is 100% canon, discussed and referenced in other games often including the most recent entry and is directed by and made directly by the main creator with serious intent.
This would be like saying Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon or Pokemon R/B doesn't count and we're going to ignore it.

>From what I've seen the main ones are Zark, APM, and Aly

Are you sure you and them aren't confusing Peace Walker with something like Port Ops, the other PSP game that actually is kinda suspect? Because Peace Walker ain't it.

And they're all wrong.
Ignoring an entire game is never going to happen if this game is 100% canon, discussed and referenced in other games often including the most recent entry and is directed by and made directly by the main creator with serious intent.
This would be like saying Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon or Pokemon R/B doesn't count and we're going to ignore it.

>From what I've seen the main ones are Zark, APM, and Aly

Are you sure you and them aren't confusing Peace Walker with something like Port Ops, the other PSP game that actually is kinda suspect? Because Peace Walker ain't it.
I can get screenshots of the conversation that was had last night if youd like

I don't think you realize, I don't care about the conversation. Because it doesn't matter, you're wrong, hilariously wrong, to the point I feel like I'm being pranked.
You could post a conversation of you and someone talking about how the sky is red, it won't change the fact you're factually incorrect and the sky is actually blue.

Well, I'm waiting for you to adress Chariot's and Twellas' points about the consistency. You were ignoring it hiding behind that Discord discussion the entire time. It doesn't matter until these people just come here and make valid points.

>You are aware that canon feats can be disregarded as outliers right? No one is disregarding the game as a whole, just the outlier feats
"Atm people are discussing peace Walker as a whole being disregarded"

Ok so now you're just backpedaling hard?

And even if you wanna say that ZEKE is smaller and lighter than Cocoon, as Chariot said, Big Boss still overpowered it, and by virtue of its mobility alone, ZEKE would have Class M LS

There are 2 feats just from that game alone, and another one from MGS1
3, ZEKE, Cocoon and Peace Walker itself. Peace Walker and Zeke are strong enough to propel themselves hundreds of meters through the air in seconds with leg strength. And Big Boss can casually overpower that.

Guys, no one is talking about lifting strength. What is being discussed is AP
Oh, but you talked about the LS being an outlier, even though the LS feat literally doubles as a AP feat?
And fyi, throwing ZEKE's weight and jump speed into a KE calculator gets 8-C baseline so, throw that onto the table. As Big Boss>ZEKE physically.

Hmm perhaps I worded something improperly, I never meant for this to be about lifting strength, just AP. The ap is the outlier

But you did though, you even reiterated multiple times. And even clarified that it's about LS too.

>In terms of both LS and AP (in reference to outlier).

>That is a response to what he said tho? It is being debated and agreed on on discord that the feat is an outlier for both lifting strength and attack potency.

>It cant be replicated though, no other enemy boss fights is as large or as heavy

Like why the **** you lying, just admit you ****** up, no need to lie about it.

Peace Walker should be disregarded due to the fact that Big Boss cannot replicate any of the feats depicted in any other game, comparing it to him throwing Gray Fox makes no sense because Gray Fox doesn't weigh many tons, just like how you don't even need Class 1 TK to lift someone with Class K LS.

So no, saying Gray Fox and Snake are equal in LS destroys that plot point in the Twin Snakes.

Just because it happens more than once doesn't mean it's not a massive outlier, especially when the next feat people will bring up for LS is lifting a Davy Crockett, which isn't even Class 1.

And I mean, how are you gonna say that the Cocoon feat is an outlier in AP but not in LS? Doesn't make sense

comparing it to him throwing Gray Fox makes no sense because Gray Fox doesn't weigh many tons
But Gray Fox halted REX' foot, and he didn't "lift" him, he literally twisted his arm around and threw him the **** away, how can you do something like this to someone who's thousands of times stronger than you in LS?

>Peace Walker should be disregarded due to the fact that Big Boss cannot replicate any of the feats depicted in any other game, comparing it to him throwing Gray Fox makes no sense because Gray Fox doesn't weigh many tons, just like how you don't even need Class 1 TK to lift someone with Class K LS.

Uh what? Nobody is making that connection between Big Boss, Solid or Gray Fox for that reason, that sure as hell ain't why, That's a classic prime example of a strawman. Of course tossing a 200kg man across a room isnt comparable, but that's not why they scale directly, don't oversimplify.

>So no, saying Gray Fox and Snake are equal in LS destroys that plot point in the Twin Snakes.

Twin Snakes, but not the canon original.

>Just because it happens more than once doesn't mean it's not a massive outlier, especially when the next feat people will bring up for LS is lifting a Davy Crockett, which isn't even Class 1.

Actually the next feat is being unfazed by Class 50 recoil. With an extra mech feat tossed in. There's probably some other ones here and there but I never bothered to pay attention to feats that could double as LS, only reason I know of the Class 50 one was because someone brought it up to me.
Davy Crockett swinging is just an example of they're very clearly not human.

Everything you just said was a strawman dude.

Throwing a human sized opponent with class m lifting strengrh is not the same as throwing a class m level of mass

>Peace Walker should be disregarded due to the fact that Big Boss cannot replicate any of the feats depicted in any other game, comparing it to him throwing Gray Fox makes no sense because Gray Fox doesn't weigh many tons, just like how you don't even need Class 1 TK to lift someone with Class K LS.

Uh what? Nobody is making that connection between Big Boss, Solid or Gray Fox, that sure as hell ain't why, That's a classic prime example of a strawman.

>So no, saying Gray Fox and Snake are equal in LS destroys that plot point in the Twin Snakes.

Twin Snakes, but not the canon original.

>Just because it happens more than once doesn't mean it's not a massive outlier, especially when the next feat people will bring up for LS is lifting a Davy Crockett, which isn't even Class 1.

Actually the next feat is being unfazed by Class 50 recoil. With an extra mech feat tossed in. There's probably some other ones here and there but I never bothered to pay attention to feats that could double as LS, only reason I know of the Class 50 one was because someone brought it up to me.
Davy Crockett swinging is just an example of they're very clearly not human.

Everything you just said was a strawman dude.

Show me Snake lifting a Metal Gear in the canon original then. You can't because that feat doesn't exist.

Evidence for Class 50 recoil, show what you are talking about or the feat does not exist.

The quote below disagrees with your strawman idea.
In the same game Big Boss alts Zeke, who is yes, smaller than Cocoom, but hit him much much faster

In MGS1 Gray Fox blocks REX' foot, and don't say that "he had to seay Snake, which means that Snake couldn't do it", because Snake straight up beat Gray Fox in a previous fight and is never displayed as inferior in anything other than speed, ffs Snake literally throws him around like a wet noodle

Seriously, how does Snake NOT scale to Gray Fox in terms of LS? And are you genuinely calling "Gray Fox halting REX' foot" a "plot point" that would be "destroyed" if Snake could scale to that? Jesus that's a reach if I've ever seen one, especially when in the og game Gray Fox halts the foot before it's even close to Snake
Why did Snake feel the need to jump away if he could have also had that same situation under control? The game itself disagrees with you.

Why did Snake feel the need to jump away if he could have also had that same situation under control?
Because it's never cool to have to lift a metal gear over your head? Because of dramatic framing? I don't know and don't care, because Snake is at least comparable to Gray Fox in terms of strength and this is a fact, and don't try to hit me with that "Twin Snakes isn't canon" bullshit, beacause it's explicitely shown in MGS4 and all of the MGS1 voice clips in that game are from TTS

>Show me Snake lifting a Metal Gear in the canon original then. You can't because that feat doesn't exist.

Nope but Gray Fox sure as **** does. And Solid=Gray Fox. Gray Fox doesn't even break a sweat doing it. You know how stupid this argument is right? Show me Goku blowing up a planet, that's right, you can't, because he never does. Though let's ignore that people on par with him can.

>Evidence for Class 50 recoil, show what you are talking about or the feat does not exist.

I have, multiple times, even to your face directly. Are you incapable of reading?

>The quote below disagrees with your strawman idea.

Nope, still a strawman, most of your argument relies on oversimplifying or twisting what others have said to mean something that isnt what's actually being implied.

>Why did Snake feel the need to jump away if he could have also had that same situation under control? The game itself disagrees with you.

Because why the **** wouldn't he? You know how stupid of an argument this was? In the original he's not even worried, he jumps back because he was told to and not having to deal with a super advance mech kicking you in the dick is better than having to? Do you question every time someone dodges something casually in fiction too?

>with that "Twin Snakes isn't canon" bullshit, beacause it's explicitely shown in MGS4 and all of the MGS1 voice clips in that game are from TTS

Twin Snakes is more like, secondary canon. It doesnt supersede the original, but some of it was adapted into canon. (The Gray Fox hallway in 4 is the original though, but the voice clips are twin snakes, it's more of a mix then anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back