• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, that's also an option, it would also avoid the annoyance of having to close and reopen this thread

Indeed. Personally I'd prefer doing it here, but either way you should probably edit the opening post.

Just a heads up, Volgin definitely still has High 8-C AP via his own lightning, but scaling it to anyone's durability is what's iffy. Also, it is fine to get started on some individual verses to save the trouble a head of time; Overwatch and TF2 are verse examples where we already got started on.

But 8-C+ is solid for Snake for sure and there could be other feats to find.

High 8-C AP via his own lightning
Didn't Weekly say that it wasn't valid? And I mean, Volgin can tank his own lightning, as shown by his scars, which means that his dura scales to it, which means that BB's AP scales to it, which means that BB's dura ultimately scales

I believe Weekly said it doesn't apply to traditional durability, think of it as a separate set of stats that come into play when electricity is involved.

By the way, I did end up beating MGSV today, in case anyone cares.

I believe Weekly said it doesn't apply to traditional durability, think of it as a separate set of stats that come into play when electricity is involved.
so, like "High 8-C with lightning"? But that wouldn't make sense, Volgin can tank his own lightning

Electricity does not scale to conventional durability as its not physical force, its just electricity resistance

idk why the **** I wasnt notified by any of the response after mine but gotcha.
Should also mention that both Venom and Big Boss have 1.2/1.5 megavolt weaponry too.

But I can look over some feats that could warrant scaling, I know there's a handful of tier 8 ones, maybe not 8-B but hey, tier 8 is still not half bad.

Who the hell said I was talking about durability? I didn't even imply it was in reference to durability or that it'd scale to it?
You should probably hold off an assuming what someone is talking about before you try and insinuate such an implication.

You guys are getting statements mixed up. Producing a lightning bolt is definitely AP as you're still producing the energy. However, withstanding electric shots is not 100% durability given things stated by calc group members. Withstanding extreme temperatures doesn't equate to withstanding blunt force trauma on the same level. And being able to produce a powerful lightning bolt doesn't always scale to a strong punch unless there's in depth details of Universal power sources making them linear.

So, basically 9-A (or whatever tier they get), High 8-C with electricity, while their durability will be Small Building level, Large Building level against electricity.

Ok, so, Basically Volgin is gonna become a smurf, is that what we're saying? He's gonna one tap every 9-A with his electricity, it's gonna be a nightmare

It's on the profile, just click any Class M link or Raiden's first key 8-A.

Never mind, found it, though im confused as to why the calc is treating the Cocoon as a solid mass when it would likely have a good amount of hollowness to it

It isnt though? It's using the same hollowness as a tank if I'm not wrong, just doesnt make it very clear.

It wouldnt have the same hollowness as a normal tank though

Im gonna have some of the calc group double check it

You're right, it'd probably be less. Cocoon is a AI controlled unit, it's not meant to be manned or to hold people.

In terms of LS you mean? Big Boss can do the same exact thing to the other 2 Metal Gears in Peace Walker, if I recall correctly

That isnt a response to what he said.

All you did was repeat yourself without responding to his response of the fact the feat can be replicated by him multiple times in a similar manner, along with other characters in his weight class.
If you're going to debate here Weekly, do it properly.

That is a response to what he said tho? It is being debated and agreed on on discord that the feat is an outlier for both lifting strength and attack potency.

In Discord? But not the place where it's being discussed? With other relevant members to the conversation?
You do see the issue with that correct? It's literally nothing more than conjecture if that's all you've been doing.

And, again, you ignored the fact he brought up the fact that it's a feat that can be replicated, not a one off thing. Not even a feat relegated to that game, a similar feat is performed again later on.

So I stand by what I said, actually debate properly here, better yet, actually debate here and not somewhere else.

I disagree on Cocoon feat being an outlier unless people can elaborate. The last time I heard it, the only argument was just the cast getting injured by 9-C handguns. Which those handguns are 9-C, but the person who made that OP did so out of spite iirc. I do agree that something is either an outlier both ways or not at all; using it as an lifting strength outlier but not as an AP feat doesn't sit right. Snake is still Batman or Captain America tier normally. Meaning his best own feat is actually a solid middle ground.

I disagree on Cocoon feat being an outlier unless people can elaborate. The last time I heard it, the only argument was just the cast getting injured by 9-C handguns. Which those handguns are 9-C, but the person who made that OP did so out of spite iirc. I do agree that something is either an outlier both ways or not at all; using it as an lifting strength outlier but not as an AP feat doesn't sit right. Snake is still Batman or Captain America tier normally. Meaning his best own feat is actually a solid middle ground.
Off the top of my head theres Volgin getting pinned by an ambulance and Quiet being knocked out by a tank shell

I also have some issues with the outer heaven feat being used for scaling but we'll talk about that later

It cant be replicated though, no other enemy boss fights is as large or as heavy
And yet he does them all with little effort, and can fight people who can basically do the same thing. How is something an outlier when the only other reasonable anti-feats are done casually? It aint like Big Boss struggled stopping a blow from a Class K+ mech, and that's actually something else to note, he can stop blows from them in an attempt to crush, just not benching them in a standstill, the mechanics behind these mecha actually launching their full body weight is more than just Class K, in the same vain stopping a speeding car with LS isnt just a Class 1 feat, it's more like a Class 50+ feat. These mecha have the strength to jump hundreds of meters in a second mind you, and Big Boss > Them.

>Quiet getting knocked out by a Tank Shell.

And Zack Fair got a bullet in his head.

And Volgin in that same scene sent a heavily armor vehicle flying, and a fire truck into the sky several hundred meters. You see the issue with saying a ambulance slowing him down for a few seconds is a viable counterpoint? When he not even a minute prior launches military grade vehicles and not even a minute after sends a firetruck through the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back