• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MGS Revision for Combat Ability

MGS as a series has more impressive skill feats and statements than people would never really know about until diving in. So I decided myself to give a little dive into the thread for the first time. And only really need to perform this with MGS3.

I would be applying this to the addition for (Martial Arts, Pressure Points, Chi Manipulation, Analytical Predictions, Enhanced Senses, and Adaptation) for the following characters: The Boss, Ocelot, Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Solid Snake, Solidus Snake, and Gray Fox.

MGS3

Last edited:
Plz provide what's being proposed? (Abilities)
Agree and following
What u agree on ?

The Boss is stated to have inestimable combat and weapon knowledge
Yes.
The Boss is a master of Qi Gong, a martial arts that can manipulates pressure points, death touch, enhance durability and prowess, extrasensory abilities, healing, etc
Yes, but also, ultimately worthless as she never used any of the more "exotic" effects of it. like ya gotta uderstand, irl chi, and wiki chi, are very, very, different.
Naked Snake is a proficient in all types of weapons and military equipment, a master of CQC
Yes.
The End created all modern sniping techniques and has precog with the forest
He didn't create them, but they're all either directly founded off what he DID do. They go more indepth in the actual codec talking about it in game as to what they actually mean.
And that isn't precog, he can just communicate with shit, enabling him to know where his targets are, tbh it's more like automatic translation, but for plants and animals, or even telepathy given the distance. Like some poison ivy shit. But it absolutely isn't precognition.
The cobra unit are Skilled and Powerful enough to fight WW2 by themselves
Not what it says exactly, it's referencing the fact they were founded and FOUGHT in WW2, and helped end it. Also that's not exactly the most canon of sources.
Ocelot can adapt to techniques instantly after it's done once
Yes, most of them can tbh.
The Fox unit standards requires operatives to leave 0 traces of their presence including weapons, equipment, sweat, body waste, bullets casings, and footprints
Indeed till MGSV retconned that so that statement is useless, thanks kojima
Naked Snake has sensory abilities beyond the normal range
Literally the worst possible example you could use, given this whole convo is a set up for a meta joke in how he can't smell anything because it's a video game, literally the OPPOSITE of an enanced senses feat, it's a anti-statement. He can btw, he says he can in PW, but still, this also isn't enhanced senses. He DOES have enhanced senses btw, just not for this. This is more just a "yo he's pretty aware of his enviroment" type shit with a meta gag tacked on, honestly feel like anyone who agreed with this didn't actually watch the full clip.
The Boss was taught all the forms of warfare since a teen, the cobra unit gather all traditional warfare techniques
Indeed.
Naked Snake was taught everything The Boss knew (She basically know all martial arts techniques at this point)
Also true.
CQC rapidly and aggressively adapts techniques from other martial arts, the martial arts itself being 50 years ahead of it's time
That isn't a in-universe statement, it's Mori talking about CQC in a metasense, like how he developed it irl and put it in game and what CQC is based on.
But, it's still true, just not for that. By the time of MGS4, it was considered the most advanced fighting form, and like every merc grop adopted it, with it being said, word for word, it was far beyond its time and beyond any modern martial arts. Gap between MGS3 and 4 is about the same so it checks out still. We then learn they're all using a dgshit imitation that pales to true CQC.
CQC>>>Imitated CQC>>>Every other martial art.
I would be applying this to the addition for (Martial Arts, Pressure Points, Chi Manipulation, Analytical Predictions, Enhanced Senses, and Adaptation) for the following characters: The Boss, Ocelot, Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Solid Snake, Solidus Snake, and Gray Fox.
My dude, they already have Martial Arts, Pressure Points, Analytical Predictions, Enhanced Senses and so on 🗿
The examples you used, by the way, also wouldn't scale to everyone either, like why would Ocelot get chi manipulation for a style he never learned or used? As just one example.

Chi manipulation is a no go btw, what even is chi in this context? Using the irl equilavent, it's LITERALLY nothing, and in verse, it's also nothing because she never uses it, we know she has it due to the piggyback guide, but we don't actually see what it can do in context. Chi manip on the wiki is like DBZ shit, or empowering, she doesn't actually do that, our definition of chi and whatever MGS treats it as, aren't the same.

Adaption is also a no go, "adaption" on the wiki is shit like evolving gills to breath underwater, not adapting to a punch. You're thinking of mimicry and infoanal, which, they already have, for this very feat with Ocelot.

Last edited:
Yes.

Yes, but also, ultimately worthless as she never used any of the more "exotic" effects of it. like ya gotta uderstand, irl chi, and wiki chi, are very, very, different.

Yes.

He didn't create them, but they're all either directly founded off what he DID do. They go more indepth in the actual codec talking about it in game as to what they actually mean.
And that isn't precog, he can just communicate with shit, enabling him to know where his targets are, tbh it's more like automatic translation, but for plants and animals, or even telepathy given the distance. Like some poison ivy shit. But it absolutely isn't precognition.

Not what it says exactly, it's referencing the fact they were founded and FOUGHT in WW2, and helped end it. Also that's not exactly the most canon of sources.

Yes, most of them can tbh.

Indeed till MGSV retconned that so that statement is useless, thanks kojima

Literally the worst possible example you could use, given this whole convo is a set up for a meta joke in how he can't smell anything because it's a video game, literally the OPPOSITE of an enanced senses feat, it's a anti-statement. He can btw, he says he can in PW, but still, this also isn't enhanced senses. He DOES have enhanced senses btw, just not for this. This is more just a "yo he's pretty aware of his enviroment" type shit with a meta gag tacked on, honestly feel like anyone who agreed with this didn't actually watch the full clip.

Indeed.

Also true.

That isn't a in-universe statement, it's Mori talking about CQC in a metasense, like how he developed it irl and put it in game and what CQC is based on.
But, it's still true, just not for that. By the time of MGS4, it was considered the most advanced fighting form, and like every merc grop adopted it, with it being said, word for word, it was far beyond its time and beyond any modern martial arts. Gap between MGS3 and 4 is about the same so it checks out still. We then learn they're all using a dgshit imitation that pales to true CQC.
CQC>>>Imitated CQC>>>Every other martial art.

My dude, they already have Martial Arts, Pressure Points, Analytical Predictions, Enhanced Senses and so on 🗿
The examples you used, by the way, also wouldn't scale to everyone either, like why would Ocelot get chi manipulation for a style he never learned or used? As just one example.

Chi manipulation is a no go btw, what even is chi in this context? Using the irl equilavent, it's LITERALLY nothing, and in verse, it's also nothing because she never uses it, we know she has it due to the piggyback guide, but we don't actually see what it can do in context. Chi manip on the wiki is like DBZ shit, or empowering, she doesn't actually do that, our definition of chi and whatever MGS treats it as, aren't the same.

Adaption is also a no go, "adaption" on the wiki is shit like evolving gills to breath underwater, not adapting to a punch. You're thinking of mimicry and infoanal, which, they already have, for this very feat with Ocelot.
Now I agree with some of the things, I had some shoddy work here for a good chunk of the scaling which can I just overcome by just adding some more information or using more of the games. Nor did I read through all of the stats for abilities and all that. But, what I really wanted is for the complete understanding that from MGS3 and up, there are characters with complete mastery of martial arts entirely and since we agree on that point. We can just wrap this up and move on to more important things.

Oh don't get me wrong, our MGS profiles are *******, not to be mean to anyone, absolute dogshit, I've been working on a complete overhaul for nearly two years now (every character btw, including new ones, if i was just one dude I woudve finished like a year ago), which is to say, yeah, the profiles SHOULD mention all this shit, and about 3000 other things.

The current best profile, that being Raiden, only has like a solid 5% of the shit it SHOULD have, everyone knows they lacking, and this CRT doesn't actually prpose anyting they don't already have atm so idk what to say here.

If those albums are yours tho, write the pg number and source for the piggyback guide statements, we can actually use those. Naked Snake and The Boss' are good to be used.

Oh don't get me wrong, our MGS profiles are *******, not to be mean to anyone, absolute dogshit, I've been working on a complete overhaul for nearly two years now (every character btw, including new ones, if i was just one dude I woudve finished like a year ago), which is to say, yeah, the profiles SHOULD mention all this shit, and about 3000 other things.
Would you be including keys for characters like Snake or Big Boss?

Yes, equipment, skills, tech and in some cases, even stats such as LS, vary exponentially between games and timeframes.

Equipment list for each game, like MGS3 obviously, all the weapons, camos (lots of unique ones in there like half damage from blasts and fire), misc items like mags, animals like snakes, etc, or PW with all it's new weapons, ranks, armor, etc.

Each game has a whole different mini arsenal of difference, obviously some overlap, like Snake has the socom in multiple games, but only in 4 does have wacky shit like passive empath manip via optional equipment or the solid eye.. And then obviously they get more skilled between games, as said by kaz, BB, and so on a few times, or even a bit stronger like Snake, which also digs into wacky scaling chains, etc.

The current best profile, that being Raiden, only has like a solid 5% of the shit it SHOULD have, everyone knows they lacking, and this CRT doesn't actually prpose anyting they don't already have atm so idk what to say here.

If those albums are yours tho, write the pg number and source for the piggyback guide statements, we can actually use those. Naked Snake and The Boss' are good to be used.
MGS3 Snake Eater Official Piggyback Guide, pg 62 - 63. You can also find this in the previews of the guide book on the piggyback website. Alright, work here is done. Take care for the pushing the note, You will need ALL of it.

Back