• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> we don't know if 100% of the center's weight came down on him.
It did though, the video the calc uses has Big Boss in dead center of it underneath.

I mean, we still don't know if part of the mass of the center was still being held up by the sides, even with the machine purposefully intending to crush BB we don't know if 100% of the center's weight came down on him. Of course, the lifting thing is still Class M, just a fair bit lower into it.
No reason to think otherwise really, the treads are clearly separated from the rest, they protrude from the sides. Saying that Cocoon used all of its mass is a good approximation and our best bet really

Someone already did actually, iirc it yiwlded69-B
Maybe based off the fact rockets do absolutely zero damage to it, which would be fair, not the fact that 8-C attacks do absolutely zero damage to it.

And no, surface area absolutely plays a large role in these kinds of feats, it's the reason why even irl tanks have 9-B to 9-A durability armor that can be penetrated by high-caliber rounds

It's nothing too noteworthy, mind you. Do you have a video that shows the ZEKE version of it, or any stats on ZEKE, especially weight?
ZEKE is particular, because I don't think it has a canon weight, as it can be made with whatever pieces you find from the other mechs in the game, what's a constant is that ZEKE is about the size of REX and can even house pieces of Cocoon, so saying that it weights as much as REX is a good approximation

here it is

You completely just ignored everything I just said.
Stop repeating the same thing ad infinitum as if it wasn't already touched upon.

>Honestly its more like you ignored how physics and calculations work

"If it can perform an 8-C feat with only a small fraction of its body without a single scratch, then proceed to casually get a solid foot wide, if not larger, hole smashed into it, Surface area be damned there."

>Honestly its more like you ignored how physics and calculations work

"If it can perform an 8-C feat with only a small fraction of its body without a single scratch, then proceed to casually get a solid foot wide, if not larger, hole smashed into it, Surface area be damned there."
Except the 8-C feat is done through the KE of its entire body, I dont k ow where you're getting that it's only part of it

>Someone calced the sheer durability of the Shagohad's armor

I don't see any calcs of it on the wiki, and how much do you want to bet the calc is based on the fact rockets do 0 damage to it, opposed to like, anything else brought up here?

>Except the 8-C feat is done through the KE of its entire body, I dont k ow where you're getting that it's only part of it

What part of "it casually rips and pulverizes through giant walls of concrete and steel" did you miss? The KE is just a bonus.

>Except the 8-C feat is done through the KE of its entire body, I dont k ow where you're getting that it's only part of it

What part of "it casually rips and pulverizes through giant walls of concrete and steel" did you miss? The KE is just a bonus.
Are you implying that that is an 8-C feat? Because it's not, at best that is 9-A

Hmm yes, because you've gone and calced it right?
And when I say giant, I mean as large as the thing itself.

Did some rough estimations along with the KE of ZEKE's and Peace Walker's jumps. Especially the latter, it can reach its peak jump height in a matter of 11 frames, game is 60fps. That's like rounded 1/5th of a second.

I got an idea, how about we actually present/ propose some calcs instead of squabbling around saying "this looks like it's this tier", "this looks like it should be this tier" and such? We'll get nowhere this way

I mean I've already done a few calca on this thread but I can do a formal calc for the wall busting g when I get home

Ok, stuff to calc off the top of my head

Venom tanking the M1 fragging

TMOF generating a huge explosion that also frags a tank (TMOF would fully scale to this, as he generates the explosions with his own power and from within himself. This also scales to Psycho Mantis because we know Psycho Mantis is the source of this power, which in turn scales to Snake because he can tank energy (or telekinetic, whatever you wanna call it) blasts from him)

I'd say we should calc Volgin busting the Shago, but we'll have to find some Shago feats before that

I don't expect anything from that feat, hell, I barely even know what he's refering to, but we'll see

I'd like a calculation for the ZEKE stomp because if it wasn't Class M then we would have exactly one Class M feat. Of course one should keep in mind he's not lifting the whole thing, since ZEKE still has one foot on the ground, though Snake does manage to shift the whole mech a bit he doesn't lift it all. Same applies for the Fox REX feat, not that it would be Class M to begin with.

>ZEKE stomp because if it wasn't Class M

M=FA and Tons of Force my dude. Something doesn't have to weigh 1000tons for it to be a Class M feat.

Speaking of ZEKE, why doesn't this thing have a Profile? It seems pretty damn important.
Same reason why half the verse doesnt and only two mecha, nobody got around to it. We should make a few though.

The OP proposed a character page for Peace Walker, for instance. Zeke is kinda tricky because we don't really know what its canon form is, since you create it in-game with pieces of Chrysalis, Pupa, Cocoon and Peace Walker

Last edited:
The OP proposed a character page for Peace Walker, for instance. Zeke is kinda tricky because we don't really know what its canon form is, since you create it in-game with pieces of Chrysalis, Pupa, Cocoon e Peace Walker
I figured that the Trophy you get for completing it with certain parts would be the canon form, given there's a trophy for it saying literally called "ZEKE completed", though, there's the Play Arts figure so maybe that too gives an idea?

I suppose we could list all of its equipment as optional and use that.

And I'm aware you can get Class M from relatively lighter stuff, but consider that no matter the speed, the one leg is gonna be what, 30, 45 tons? definitely not the bulk of the mech. Of course one could highball it and use half the mech's weight, I don't think that'd be dishonest. A similar calc for Fox would also help

Except here's the thing.
That mecha's leg can launch it's full body weight through the air at high speeds casually. The leg itself has a Class M feat, and Big Boss can physically push against and overpower the leg in the form of a bench. Effectively, consider this like if someone used their lifting strength to over power and break a hydraulic press trying to crush them.

Big Boss>ZEKE's Legs strength>Class M.

Same for PW.

eh, the act of stomping and the act of jumping don't work the same, someone who won a lifting competition won't do well in a jumping one, of course this wiki equates this stuff but I wouldn't scale that.

What? You misunderstand, the leg itself can perform a Class M feat, Big Boss can physically overwhelm the power of said leg with his lifting strength.

Big Boss' LS>ZEKE's jumping strength.

The way Big Boss overwhelms it would scale directly to his LS even if you want to argue that ZEKE's jump isn't his LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back