• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Discussion Thread

Old Snake is going to be 8-A right? He can pretty much withstand whatever Vamp does to him and restrain him as well, and also being able to trip over Gekko (when 4 of them could restrain Raiden)
I don't wanna be that dude but.... He's explicitly statistically weaker than one Gekko. The very 8-A feat would've killed him. And he needed weaponry to take down Vamp with said restraining being after you daze him, try that shit when he's fresh and you get manhandled.
tripping really aint exactly the best means to scale either, like at that point just scale snake to the weapons.

Like remember lads, just because you can argue it, doesn't mean you should argue it.

Should Vulcan Raven scale to Snake's weaponry? The only way Snake could damage him was by using his explosives (Unless there's some insane Twin Snakes clip that debunks this entirely)

Should Vulcan Raven scale to Snake's weaponry? The only way Snake could damage him was by using his explosives (Unless there's some insane Twin Snakes clip that debunks this entirely)
He would, to at least the mines anyway, The codecs establish that as the method to beat him given they flatout tell you to do that.

3 inches of sank
61xT07WKn9L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I don't wanna be that dude but.... He's explicitly statistically weaker than one Gekko. The very 8-A feat would've killed him. And he needed weaponry to take down Vamp with said restraining being after you daze him, try that shit when he's fresh and you get manhandled.
tripping really aint exactly the best means to scale either, like at that point just scale snake to the weapons.

Like remember lads, just because you can argue it, doesn't mean you should argue it.
Got it. But he'd still be Class G from scaling to a singular Gekko's LS, right? Or are we considering the barrel stuff an outlier?

Doesn't Snake kick down REX's foot in that one cutscene of Twin Snakes? Or was it just REX putting it's foot down?
He kicks it, and it uh, does actually nothing, he just bounces off it. If he DID we could cook with that, but it's actually a scene showing how badly he DOESNT scale.

Is Twin Snakes even canon to mainline Metal Gear?
It's like, how both pokemon versions canon.
Got it. But he'd still be Class G from scaling to a singular Gekko's LS, right? Or are we considering the barrel stuff an outlier?
I dont think its an outlier, but like, all he's doing is taking them by surprise and tripping them.
I do think maybe he can scale to a kick tho, iirc theres a codec that implies he could survive one, albeit not uninjured.
(Also it'd 100% be an outlier, Class G is like 10x the second best feat that takes actual effort).

Should Armstrong get at least baseline 7-A durability from upscaling from 65.875 Megatons rating of the other characters?

No cuz the 7-B calc is fraud...

Also don't think that's high enough for upscaling.
It should be, at a value of 65.875 megatons while the next tier is 100 megatons you could upscale provided sufficient scaling chain/effort. Though if they become FTL than ignore what I just said.

He kicks it, and it uh, does actually nothing, he just bounces off it. If he DID we could cook with that, but it's actually a scene showing how badly he DOESNT scale.
IDK, it actually looks like he actually manages to kick back its leg into the ground as it was attempting to take a step, might be worth something since even just by walking MG REX > hordes of MGS4 Gekkos

Imo 8-C seems rather consistent for Human characters, Coocoon feat, Volgin punching holes through armor that RPGs that can pulverize steel beams couldn’t, Gray Fox surviving a Metal Gear being completely destroyed whilst inside of it, Liquid enduring REX explosion that engulfed its hangar and made parts of it crumble, stun arm being able to launch ATG lighting against multiple enemies in a 40 meter radius and still be considered a non lethal weapon

There is also the metallic archaea which Code Talker explains feed off the energy of oxidizing metals at a very fast rate ( which is surprisingly high if you look it up) and the Skulls use them as armor.

Last edited:
Should Armstrong get at least baseline 7-A durability from upscaling from 65.875 Megatons rating of the other characters?
Probably not, that's like a 2x gap almost.
IDK, it actually looks like he actually manages to kick back its leg into the ground as it was attempting to take a step, might be worth something since even just by walking MG REX > hordes of MGS4 Gekkos
Given we know, factually, that one step from REX > Instant death....
Imo 8-C seems rather consistent for Human characters, Coocoon feat, Volgin punching holes through armor that RPGs that can pulverize steel beams couldn’t, Gray Fox surviving a Metal Gear being completely destroyed whilst inside of it, Liquid enduring REX explosion that engulfed its hangar and made parts of it crumble, stun arm being able to launch ATG lighting against multiple enemies in a 40 meter radius and still be considered a non lethal weapon
Not all of that is 8-C. Volgin, Liquid, and Stun Arm aren't.
There is also the metallic archaea which Code Talker explains feed off the energy of oxidizing metals at a very fast rate ( which is surprisingly high if you look it up) and the Skulls use them as armor.
Skulls have 9-A feats via Archaea, I've been looking into them. Kinda high 9-A tho so it doesn't inherently shootdown 8-C if we end up getting 8-C feats but more acts as support.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Kind of baffled that went through, unless there was like a 2x statement or extra evidence like how in DBZ to null a foe's attack you need 2x ki or some shit, a whole tier jump almost off "i feel it might be this much" is asinine.
metal-gear-rising.gif

Two wrongs don't make a right. Kind of baffled that went through, unless there was like a 2x statement or extra evidence like how in DBZ to null a foe's attack you need 2x ki or some shit, a whole tier jump almost off "i feel it might be this much" is asinine.
I'm pretty sure we do have a cut off on where we can upscale using scaling chains (by scaling chain I mean no multipliers or I'm using half my power or statement of using a "fraction of my power" or any other variation of this) just showing that at 607 tons if probably the cut off? I know for a fact if it was 550 tons or 500 tons it definitely would've been rejected and would've had zero chance of upscaling to the next tier regardless how big the scaling chain is.

I'm pretty sure we do have a cut off on where we can upscale using scaling chains (by scaling chain I mean no multipliers or I'm using half my power or statement of using a "fraction of my power" or any other variation of this) just showing that at 607 tons if probably the cut off? I know for a fact if it was 550 tons or 500 tons it definitely would've been rejected and would've had zero chance of upscaling to the next tier regardless how big the scaling chain is.
Yeah the general "guideline" is about 25% within next tier + actual notable upscaling, like a hard one shot.

40% is like, well 2x is still 2x.

Even 25% is pushing it in some cases really upscaling is fine if its 20% or less generally.

Back