• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Merging some of Frieza's keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
It's time to fix something that has been ignored for too long and it's just a relic of old, outdated habits.
Frieza has an astonishing number of keys, 10, one for each of his forms and it different points of time.

To accomodate with current custom and rules, this number should be cut in half, differentiating them only through leaps in time.
Not only this causes issues for vs matches, but it also doesn't conform to out standards.

His first 4 keys will be merged together into a single "Namek Saga" key. Of course the ratings remain the same, but the different tiers will just come after each other like we do with the likes of Goku and Vegeta.
Mecha Frieza remains the same, while the 6, 7 and 8th keys will merge into a single "Resurrection F" key.
ToP and Post-ToP remain the same.

I’m all for changing it. Hell Piccolo has the same issue at the moment. But I have a noob question. Why don’t we make separate profiles? One for Z and one for Super. I mean hell we did the same thing for Gohan. Plus by the time Frieza came back in Super it like was over 10 years.

Even if we split the file, the keys would still have to be merged, when referencing to the same time period.
It would be like giving 3 keys to Namek Goku (base, kkx20, ssj), a lot more for Cell Saga, same for Buu etc...

Z Frieza can just have two keys, with the first encompassing all forms during Namek, with different tiers within the same one, and the second being Mecha.

Even if we split the file, the keys would still have to be merged, when referencing to the same time period.
It would be like giving 3 keys to Namek Goku (base, kkx20, ssj), a lot more for Cell Saga, same for Buu etc...

Z Frieza can just have two keys, with the first encompassing all forms during Namek, with different tiers within the same one, and the second being Mecha.
Okay, I'm fine with merging some keys + splitting the profile.

On one side, I see the point of people wanting to split the files, not only for visual clarity, but also to maintain the idea of "separate series" for a big profile such as his.

I'm fine with both option, but we need to figure out how many are in favor of the split and how many aren't.

I'll do full sandboxes for how the split profiles would like, so people can evaluate whether it's fine.

why is DBS Frieza's first form High 4-C, for one shotting 4-B's. Shouldn't he just be 4-B.

why is DBS Frieza's first form High 4-C, for one shotting 4-B's. Shouldn't he just be 4-B.
I'm just going by what's on the profile currently. The profile could be outdated or incorrect.

Think we should remove the Second and Third form images from the Super profile, lad never uses them there

Okay.

It's real weird, Tagoma is High 4-C from scaling to Gohan and Gohan is 4-B from stomping Tagoma
Assuming Base Gohan is comparable to Buu Saga Piccolo who's about 800 quetta, SSJ1 Gohan would be slightly above baseline 4-B so maybe that's why? I'm not sure, we don't actually have a AP scaling blog for Super only Z. Someone should get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back