• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just took a peak at how we scale characters... lots of it is yikes.

I'll start with one character at a time: Spider-Man

1. Spider-Man is only... 8-C?

Normal Suit

- Tanks shield hit from Cap and gets immediately back up (almost comedically)

- Tanks a momentum induced roundhouse kick from Cap, stands back up right away agai

- Casually halts a haymaker from Bucky

- Casually launches what looks like a large billboard at Bucky

- Backhanded by giant ma

- Survives fairly bad plane crash

- Casually blocks a full body axe swing from Obsidian Cull (which BE Ironman was getting throttled by, and it looked like it may have been fatal or at the very least very bad for Tony had Peter not helped him. Cull literally gives up on trying to overpower him and just reaches around and tosses him away)

- Can grab and redirect a car back into Cull with what appears to be more force than what was initiallly thrown at Ironma

Iron-Spider

- Can body and stun Thanos with his kicks and punches

- Survives getting slammed into the floor by him, Undertaker style

CONCLUSION: He's much stronger than men like Cap and Bucky and has feats of him casually bodying and taking blows from both of them. Steve couldn't even defeat him, only stall him under the weight of an eighteen wheeler. Furthermore we've got scenes of him greatly helping out a BE Ironman, who is rated as 7-A for staggering Thanos.

The only difference between him and Peter? He got a drop of blood. Big whoop.

CURRENT RATING: 8-C | 8-C | At least 8-C, possibly far higher

SUGGESTED RATING:
At least 8-C, likely far higher | At least 8-C, likely far higher | 7-A

Honestly he should be possibly 7-A for straight up bailing out Tony from Obsidian Cull. He's definitely in the vague 7-A territory we have when he's in his Iron-Spider suit, he bodies Thanos and literally takes a groundslam from him.

Yes, Captain America, Giant-Man and Bucky were definitely going to go all out what they thought may as well be a normal kid durability-wise. Civil War fight is definitely not the characters at their full potential.

Plane crashes are never really above 8-C, and it isn't like the plane ran into him, so that feat is irrelevant.

And in said Cull Obsidian fight, we have a 7-A stomping a High 6-B. Cull is deemed unreliable for scaling other characters, as that may make Ant-Man and Spider-Man High 6-B via chain scaling.

The only point I agree upon is Iron Spider being wayyy higher than the current rating, and even then he should be High 6-B for tanking many hits from Thanos, not 7-A.

Cap and Bucky literally have no feats of meaningful damage to him. Even with metal arm haymaker and Captain's momentum roundhouse kick, he tanks it like a champ.

Iron-Man shouldn't be High 6-B... but that's for another thread.

Because they're literally aren't hitting to kill, so they have lighter, and weaker hits. Nobody is attempting to severely damage each other in the Airport fight, so it's pointless to argue "Character X can be scaled in relation this fight" because its barely a fight to begin with.

Also, you haven't mentioned an AP feat for Tech Spidey to warrant the tier change. All of those are durability feats.

Tanking multiple hits and restraining a High 6-B twice doesn't scale? Good luck for that CRT

They are all actively AVOIDING killing each other but they don't have time to playfight, especially Cap and the other rebels. It's just as serious of a fight as an MMA or boxing match. Sure no professional fighter is going in with the goal of "killing" the other, but that doesn't mean they are automatically holding back.

Why would Tech Spidey have different AP from Stark Spidey? It was never said nor implied that it granted him additional strength or durability. It's a spandex suit with AI.

Thanos literally holds back on every avenger except Hulk... how is this not common sense? Rarely does he ever express physical exertion in an attack. I guess by that logic Bucky and Cap need to be High 6-B because he backhands them across the field when trying to reach Vision.

By tech Spidey I mean regular Spidey (Base + Stark Suit) keys. There's no AP feat to warrant a "likely higher" for it.

Also, no, you have to hold back when you are able to kill people in one hit and some random red spandex wearing guy has to fight you. Cap and Bucky literally don't know whether Peter can even take the hit, so it's non-sensical to think that they're not holding back. Or else Iron Man gg rockets Giant Man, or Spidey dabs off Falcon etc., etc.

Thanos obviously shows straining whenever Iron Man pins him down, so no, he isn't as casual as you say, and your logic is even dumber, because when Thanos actually starts to hit, he stomps out Hulk severely. Even Maw points out how less of a deal Hulk is, and Thanos isn't even using the stones for attacking him, unlike literally every other avenger

There's no AP difference between the Base and Stark suit. It does not enhance his strength dude, it's a spandex suit with an AI interface.

Cap knew Peter could take a shield to the face without damage before he delivered a momentum based roundhouse. Both did no damage.

Bucky knew Peter could take a hit because he literally saw him finesse Cap. That and tackle him and Falcon through a glass wall.

Saying neither were willing to go all out on Peter is far less believable considering the circumstances, stakes and context of the situation. Them not being as strong is more likely, especially considering their comic counterparts.

I will say your argument about Thanos is rather undeveloped but I will stave off from sidetracking the discussion for now. We can duke it out in the next thread.

Tony was injured by a car crashing into him in Civil War 1. Do you really think his power increased to Mountain lvl a few months later against Thanos with punches? Im talking about Tony because they are more or less around same lvl physically (with Spidey I mean).

Hell no, Spidey with wank is City Block, 8-B, at MOST!

First, All of the feats you've mentioned are DURABILITY FEATS, you haven't mentioned a single AP FEAT. TIERS RELY ON AP NOT DURABILITY. You cannot change a tier based on durability, especially one this iffy.

Second, Spidey's already maxed the **** out by being 8-C when literally every single calc puts him at 9-B to 9-A range.

Third, the circumstances, stakes and context of the situation is why your Spider-Man argument doesn't work. Cap isn't fighting Ultron here, he's fighting a ******* kid. We know Cap pulls his punches seeing he doesn't usually oneshot peak humans like Batroc and Crossbones, so it's logical to assume he isn't bringing his A-game to the fight.

Fourth, you're massively overstating Spidey's strength. Yeah, he gets up quick, but literally everyone in the airport fight gets up in a minute or two. War Machine is literally thrown across the airport by Giant-Man and he gets up fine, hell Ant-Man recovers in like a second after being hit by Widow and Stark

A durability feat would be him being literally unaffected by the hits, but no, Cap can damage him well enough, so can Lang for that matter.

Him recovering fast from hits is more of a stamina feat than a durability one.

Cull isn't High 6-B tho.

Also I don't think the Homecoming Stark suit really enhances anything other than his webs.

Thanos is. I'm saying that Iron Spider should be scaled to him, since he can consistently tank hits from him and can damage him, unlike someone like Star Lord.

I'm not trying to say anything related to the Homecoming and Stark suit. That was miscommunication on my part. Sorry.

I always found caps best striking feat (quantifiable at least) is when he kicked Spider-Man into that beam. Does he have any better ones without scaling that proves he was holding back?

Nope, there's not a single AP feat for Cap, Spidey and the rest of the gang that puts them at 8-C. The entire reason he's 8-C is via scaling from Iron Man and Ultron.

Common logic is enough of a reasoning to establish he was holding back.

That's the reason Captain America was a stone wall for a while, as there are more impressive durability feats in the MCU than AP feats.

They're 8-C from scaling to Deathlok, Iron Man, and Ultron, however, the main one being Quicksilver AP calc.

The Deathlok scaling was the most irrelevant part of that scaling process lol

I always just saw Spidey harming Thanos as an inconsistency. Seems quite doubtable that he surpasses anything beyond where he's currently placed IMO.

Yeah, it was more so staggering. Even then, Iron Man counts because he actually did some notable damage on Thanos. Spider-Man did not.

Spider-Man took some solid hits from Thanos. Also, it doesn't make logical sense for the Iron Spider to not affect his tier at all, considering Stark made it very recently. Hell, he was the most effective fighter in the final battle against Thanos. Even if he's not High 6-B, the suit definitely puts him in that range IMO

Anyways the OP's claims have beeen debunked, and he has stopped responding. This thread can be close now I reckon

Zark2099 said:
They're 8-C from scaling to Deathlok, Iron Man, and Ultron, however, the main one being Quicksilver AP calc.
The Deathlok scaling was the most irrelevant part of that scaling process lol
But if they have never fought against Deathlok.

The only comparison that was made was that the Captain could push a bulldozer faster.

Lifting strength =/= Attack Potency and Durability.

But it generates KE, so we use that

Not like it'll matter anyway. Deathlok's feat is probably gonna be removed in favor of the movies' own 8-C calcs and scaling.

Back