• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mjolnir should be High 7-A, Thanos took multiple attacks and shrugged them all of pretty quickly, just like Iron Man

I disagree about giving Black Panther High 7-A, he was getting overwhelmed by outriders, got harmed by Black Widow's repulsers, and that would also mean that clearly not High 7-A characters like Killmonger would scale to High 7-A
I think they he was referring to only his claws, not his normal attacks.
Denting ain't gonna cut it, the Copter Blade literally cut through vibranium like tin.
U mean something like High 7-C for denting/scratching since it was done by weaker characters, High 7-A for damaging since it can take hits from Endgame amped Mjolnir and a casual punch from Thanos, and 6-C for effortlessly cutting through.

BP’s suit consistently performs High 7-A feats so it makes no sense to not scale it to that level. The Widow Bite is electricity which vibranium has never been shown to absorb or insulate against. It’s either an outlier for her or dura negged his suit.

We never scaled BP's suit to Cap's shield in the first place. But then he did tank Thanos throwing the blade at him so idk.

His claws deffo scale to Cap's shield if we don't count it as dura neg.

Last edited:
Vision did tank a hit by Cull Obsidian though.

Also speaking of Cull Obsidian, I rewatched Endgame and it looks like he tanked a Mjolnir strike (sent flying by it though) so I guess it supports High 7-A. The only inconsistency would be Spider-Man. Normal 8-C Spidey blocking his strike is deffo an outlier, but Iron Spider yanking him with webbing might support scaling his webbing's lifting strength, considering he helped restrained Thanos too.

Last edited:
BP’s suit consistently performs High 7-A feats so it makes no sense to not scale it to that level. The Widow Bite is electricity which vibranium has never been shown to absorb or insulate against. It’s either an outlier for her or dura negged his suit.
Or u could say that the suit in the Civil War isn't as powerful/advanced as his BP, IW and Endgame suit which can absorb energy and release energy.

The way it functions yeah, his second suit was the one that had the power to absorb and release a KE Pulse. So yeah, the more damage he takes, the more he builds up, this might explain how he staggered Cull when he released his KE Pulse on him. I think Shuri said something about BP's old suit being outdated due it being his father's suit.

The OG suit isn’t as advanced but it's the one that damaged Cap’s shield and nothing ever damages it so it makes no sense to differentiate (aside from the KE absorption) when BP only ever gets harmed by things like electricity and sonics (both which are explained and or logically dura neg the suit).

What is left to do here in summary?

He was definitely referring to hax since he says “you are full of tricks wizard”. Dude never even mentions Strange’s power, Strange only used AP twice in the fight, failed both times, and Thanos only ever had to use Stones against hax.

I think it is worth mentioning that Thanos made the effort of avoiding Strange's energy bolts, yet made no such attempt to evade Iron Man's missile barrage shortly afterwards, which could imply he viewed the energy bolts as a larger threat. It might not be enough to warrant a complete upgrade to High 7-A, but perhaps the suggestion of a "at least High 7-C, possibly/likely High 7-A with Magic" rating should be considered.

He was definitely referring to hax since he says “you are full of tricks wizard”. Dude never even mentions Strange’s power, Strange only used AP twice in the fight, failed both times, and Thanos only ever had to use Stones against hax.
This seems to make sense to me.

Anyway, I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

I think it is worth mentioning that Thanos made the effort of avoiding Strange's energy bolts, yet made no such attempt to evade Iron Man's missile barrage shortly afterwards, which could imply he viewed the energy bolts as a larger threat. It might not be enough to warrant a complete upgrade to High 7-A, but perhaps the suggestion of a "at least High 7-C, possibly/likely High 7-A with Magic" rating should be considered.
I’d be fine with this. Although shouldn’t it be ‘At least High 7-C, possibly 6-C’ since Thanos had several Infinity Gems in his possession at the time?

I'm ok with High 7-A, Thanos literally decided to tank most of the attack of the Avengers and the Guardians, yet had to dodge Strange's lightning attack. We do have profiles where characters would at least be somewhat comparable if their opponent found a need to dodge their attack.

From MCU Star-Lord's Profile

Large Mountain level+ (Survived holding the Power Stone for an extended period of time due to being a celestial, and the Power Stone can still harm the likes of Thor against human-sized targets)

Do you actually need High 7-A AP or Striking Strength to harm Star-Lord or is this more against Energy Based Attacks?

I am uncertain about vibranium though, as I said. I feel like it varies depending on the percentage composition and thickness. Cap's shield can probably be 6-C since it's supposedly pure vibranium in the movies. But then alloys are supposedly stronger than pure metals in real life.

From MCU Star-Lord's Profile

Large Mountain level+ (Survived holding the Power Stone for an extended period of time due to being a celestial, and the Power Stone can still harm the likes of Thor against human-sized targets)

Do you actually need High 7-A AP or Striking Strength to harm Star-Lord or is this more against Energy Based Attacks?
I don't think there's a needed difference, Starlord survived a High 7-A AP attack, so it's natural you need High 7-A AP/Striking Strength to harm him

Did the context have anything like “it would be bad if I let that hit me” or something along those lines? Because Thanos has been shown to tank everything from everyone else but will block things anyway like the Repulsor beams at the end.

Yeah, he does avoid and block attacks that normally shouldn't affect him, such as IM repulsors (Even tho 70% of the armor was destroyed), a busted hulkbuster punch and Okoye's spear. He also did blocked the normal repulsors with his blade in Endgame.

There's Black Panther tanking a blade throw by Thanos I guess.

But it has been damaged by weaker characters before like Hulk and AoU Scarlet Witch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back