• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's enough, solo is a very questionable word when he clones himself

It doesn’t even look like there’s a person on some of those dots.
I was counting based on the lines. There are a lot more lines than actual characters visible on the screen. If you think I'm faking it then by all means you may check for yourself, the screenshot is there for everyone to fact check me.

And like I said, even if there was 100 of them, that is still far too massive of a difference for that scene to work if Strange is High 7-C.
Momentarily ignoring the fact this is AP and not lifting strength, I'm aware off the technical difference in power. However what this proves is that Strange downscales far too much for us to realistically use this as an actual feat, even for a possibly x tier. The best we can get is a "possibly higher", and even then that's somewhat of a stretch, albeit an acceptable one.
Especially since iirc, scenes like that aren’t treated here as being a combination of power,
This is lifting strength. This is exactly what would be called combination of power. People just dont exponentially gain strength in a tug of war.

Just saying “oh he’s just jobbing lol” seems like an excuse to ignore feats tbh. Especially when your claim of him jobbing is based solely on people affecting him, which means literally nothing in comparison to Strange straight-up matching him and his clones later forcing him to use two Infinity Gems simultaneously. Hell, Thanos even struggled with the Cloak of Levitation.
Except I'm not just saying he's jobbing for the lols. I gave an explanation of why he was, and then I posted evidence of contradicting feats. I don't even understand why we're arguing about this if you want to downscale him from the 100s of Stranges anyways, which throws the single strange tugging Thanos feat out the window.

Thanos wasnt even forced to use the gauntlet, he was already tugging them all to begin with. Thanos specifically used the gauntlet to locate the real Strange.

Yes, I remember Thanos struggling with the cloak, just like he struggled with Spider-Man and Iron Man tugging him, well before Mantis sedated him, all of this coincidentally in the scene where I was talking about him jobbing. Sssso uh...

Momentarily ignoring the fact this is AP and not lifting strength, I'm aware off the technical difference in power. However what this proves is that Strange downscales far too much for us to realistically use this as an actual feat, even for a possibly x tier. The best we can get is a "possibly higher", and even then that's somewhat of a stretch, albeit an acceptable one.
I’m literally suggesting he be given an ‘at most,’ not a ‘possibly.’
This is lifting strength. This is exactly what would be called combination of power. People just dont exponentially gain strength in a tug of war.
How would this be lifting strength exactly? And no, attacks are only treated as combined if they literally merge into one. If Characters A and B are equal, they attack Character C at the same time, and C tanks their attacks, C isn’t treated as having 2x A and B’s AP.
Except I'm not just saying he's jobbing for the lols. I gave an explanation of why he was, and then I posted evidence of contradicting feats. I don't even understand why we're arguing about this if you want to downscale him from the 100s of Stranges anyways, which throws the single strange tugging Thanos feat out the window.
I literally went over your explanation in the reply that you quoted. And no, Strange matching Thanos solo and him struggling with the cloak proves that he is near the High 7-A+/6-C range on his own. Plus, I don’t think you can actually prove all of those clones are equal to the original Strange.
Thanos wasnt even forced to use the gauntlet, he was already tugging them all to begin with. Thanos specifically used the gauntlet to locate the real Strange.
That is a blatant lie. Thanos was clearly struggling and then used two Gems at the same time to break free. If he could’ve done that in base, or with only one gem, then why didn’t he.
Yes, I remember Thanos struggling with the cloak, just like he struggled with Spider-Man and Iron Man tugging him, well before Mantis sedated him, all of this coincidentally in the scene where I was talking about him jobbing. Sssso uh...
Iron Man is High 7-A+, so your point there is invalid. And Spider-Man didn’t come in until after Thanos was already being hindered by Strange and one of Quill’s gadgets, so you have no point there either.

I'm just going to say Iron Man has far more feats for being High 7-A than strange, he took an attack from the power stone as well as multiple punches from Thanos, and tussled with a bloodlusted Thanos in endgame
Okay? I don’t see how this has literally anything to do with my point when he’s trying to use Iron Man as a reason for Thanos jobbing. Also IW Iron Man =/= Endgame Iron Man, so I don’t know why you’re bringing up Endgame feats.

Okay? I don’t see how this has literally anything to do with my point when he’s trying to use Iron Man as a reason for Thanos jobbing.
I mean, even without Iron Man in the fight, in the fight he still got harmed by Starlord's blasters and staggered by Spider-Man's punches.
The fight (Before star-lord punched Thanos) seemed like Thanos was jobbing.

I mean, even without Iron Man in the fight, in the fight he still got harmed by Starlord's blasters and staggered by Spider-Man's punches.
The fight (Before star-lord punched Thanos) seemed like Thanos was jobbing.
When did he ever get harmed by Star-Lord? Unless I missed something, Quill shot him once and it barely staggered him.

Also every time Spider-Man landed a blow on Thanos, it was while his attention was elsewhere. First time, it was when he had webs over his eyes. Every other time, it was while he was trying to get the Cloak of Levitation off of him. So that’s not even a good anti-feat either.

I’m literally suggesting he be given an ‘at most,’ not a ‘possibly.’
"At most" would imply that in some extreme/maximum event, Strange scales. This I disagree with.

How would this be lifting strength exactly?
Well, y'see, in case you didn't know, lifting strength is all about pushing and pulling stuff. Strange is pulling against Thanos's pulling. If you ever played tug of war or got in a pushing contest in real life, you would know the person that can lift more is the one to tug the other.

Ssso uh, yeah. This is lifting strength, not AP. Therefore, it can be combined, unlike AP.

And no, Strange matching Thanos solo and him struggling with the cloak proves that he is near the High 7-A+/6-C range on his own. Plus, I don’t think you can actually prove all of those clones are equal to the original Strange.
Thanos casually throwing Strange into the horizon and 100+ Stranges being overpowered by Thanos, along with everyone else who was capable of restricting Thanos, are contradictory evidences.

Btw, Occam's Razor supports that it's more likely all those clones have equal strength to Strange than otherwise. Unless you have concrete proof to say that they're weaker?
That is a blatant lie. Thanos was clearly struggling and then used two Gems at the same time to break free. If he could’ve done that in base, or with only one gem, then why didn’t he.
He used the power stone and soul stone. Guess who was all destroyed? The copies? Guess who was the only one left alive? The real thing. Why didn't Thanos do it? His priority wasn't to kill Strange. He had the dude in a death grip at the end of the fight, and as soon as Thanos learned Strange didnt have the stone, he tossed him aside.

Iron Man is High 7-A+, so your point there is invalid. And Spider-Man didn’t come in until after Thanos was already being hindered by Strange and one of Quill’s gadgets, so you have no point there either.
Again, lifting strength, not AP, learn the difference. And what you're saying is that Spider-Man was sitting there and pulling for no reason and he applied next to zero contribution to restraining Thanos. If that's not what you're saying, then Spider-Man does apply here and he isn't irrelevant.

At the end of the day, your whole logic has been proven to be just a confusion of lifting strength and AP.

Last edited:
Ssso uh, yeah. This is lifting strength, not AP. Therefore, it can be combined, unlike AP.
Based on what is it able to be combined though?
Thanos casually throwing Strange into the horizon and 100+ Stranges being overpowered by Thanos, along with everyone else who was capable of restricting Thanos, are contradictory evidences.

Btw, Occam's Razor supports that it's more likely all those clones have equal strength to Strange than otherwise. Unless you have concrete proof to say that they're weaker?
They weren’t overpowered by base Thanos, so that’s a lie. Thanos clearly wasn’t casual either, so that’s also a lie. Strange was restraining Thanos by himself before Quill used one of his gadgets and then everyone came in afterwards. So you can’t claim everyone there is capable of restraining him on their own.
He used the power stone and soul stone. Guess who was all destroyed? The copies? Guess who was the only one left alive? The real thing. Why didn't Thanos do it? His priority wasn't to kill Strange. He had the dude in a death grip at the end of the fight, and as soon as Thanos learned Strange didnt have the stone, he tossed him aside.
Him not wanting to kill Strange has nothing to do with the fact that, by your logic, he could’ve just bodied all the clones in base or with the Power Gem alone. But he didn’t.
Again, lifting strength, not AP, learn the difference. And what you're saying is that Spider-Man was sitting there and pulling for no reason and he applied next than zero contribution to restraining Thanos. If that's not what you're saying, then Spider-Man does apply here.
AP is a part of restraining someone, so I’d appreciate if you didn’t tell me to “learn the difference” if you weren’t aware of that. Even if that wasn’t the case, a High 7-C can’t restrain a 6-C on lifting strength alone. I would love to see an example of that ever happening. And no, Spider-Man doesn’t apply just because he was there, especially considering that he only came in after other things were already restraining Thanos. You’re acting like he was a major factor and that someone proves Thanos was jobbing when he wasn’t the only one doing anything.
Well, y'see, in case you didn't know, lifting strength is all about pushing and pulling stuff. Strange is pulling against Thanos pulling. If you ever played tug of war or got in a pushing contest in real life, you would know the person that can lift more is the one to tug the other.
The clones weren’t doing tug-of-war though, neither was the Cloak of Levitation, nor solo Strange before everyone ganged up to restrain him, so...
At most would imply that in some extreme/maximum event, Strange scales. This I disagree with.
Then by this logic, he shouldn’t even have a “far higher.” Because what is the “far higher” based on? Exactly, him fighting with Thanos.

Yet the same logic isn’t applied to AP.
Because two people that punch the same spot with 200 joules of force will only give 300 or so. It's not applied to AP because AP doesn't work that way. Actually, two people punching the same spot will hit each other and feel like idiots

If the logic isn’t applied to AP, then I don’t see why it should be applied to LS.

If two people both hit a wall with 100 megatons of force and the wall tanks it, the wall doesn’t get 200 megaton durability.

But if the wall is 100 kg and two people pull it with equal force at the same time, they both evenly get 50 kg?

Jesus christ mate, because it's literal real world logic that one works this way and the other doesn't? Is it so difficult to understand?

I’m not contesting that, I’m contesting the idea of it not being applied to both things.

Plus I explained how this isn’t just a matter of LS, so this conversation doesn’t even need to be happening.

No see the problem is that it IS about lifting strength, so if you can't comprehend that at all, then there's no point wasting excess time debating until you can at least understand that.

Lifting strength is the slow application of a large amount of muscles over a period of time.
Striking Strength and AP is about the quick application of force.

A punch is not the same thing as lifting a barbell.

No see the problem is that it IS about lifting strength, so if you can't comprehend that at all, then there's no point wasting excess time debating until you can at least understand that.
I literally countered this in my last reply and explained why AP is a part of it, but okay, just ignore that.

There's literally no point in me trying to counter it if you don't understand how lifting strength works. In fact, you've literally said nothing except "AP is part of restraining someone", which it isn't.

Frankly idk how else to simplify this to you, so if you can't understand that we're just going to have to resort to agreeing to disagree and then leave it to popular vote on Strange's tier.

I'd rather not take 10 minutes to reply on phone only to keep having the same issue discussing how lifting strength works.

There's literally no point in me trying to counter it if you don't understand how lifting strength works. In fact, you've literally said nothing except "AP is part of restraining someone", which it isn't.

Frankly idk how else to simplify this to you, so if you can't understand that we're just going to habe to resort to agreeing to disagree and then leave it to popular vote on Strange's tier.
Do we have to call everyone back for this?? I'll ask some staff again

You know what, fine, if you want to say Strange can restrain someone almost 19,000x stronger than him, then go ahead. But at that point, why even let him have the ‘likely higher?’

As much as you don't understand it, LS =/= AP. And your whole argument for Strange's tier revolves around LS=AP.

This is like saying if Flash hits harder than Superman going all out, then Flash can beat Superman in arm wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back