• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try analyzing vibranium a bit.

I believe Black Panther's original suit is vibranium woven into fabric (with the later version being far more advanced, being composed of vibranium nanites, though the extent of its durability seems unclear) and Vision's body is a mix of synthetic organic tissue and vibranium. Neither are solid vibranium like Captain America's shield.

Ultron's final form, which is vibranium plated, had most of his armor melted away after a combined attack from Thor, Vision, and Mark 45 Iron Man, though Ultron might not have had much vibranium to use for his final form's armor, considering he was originally planning to use Vision's body for his final form, and would have then had to put together a new final form with whatever he didn't need for his device in Sokovia.

Said device was overloaded by Iron Man and Thor, though the central vibranium core still looked to be intact when Iron Man dodged it when the debris of Sokovia was falling, so it seemed to just be the entire landmass surrounding the vibranium core that was obliterated by the overload, not the core itself.

Fun fact: in this article, the production designer for the Black Panther movie points out how the usual depiction of vibranium (such as in Captain America's shield) is the material in its final processed form: "So we do have over here our Wakandan design group, which has over time evolved into where all the tech is being created. [And] we've got our vibranium mine, which is – we've come up with this sort of blue, kind of glowing rock. We went around a lot about like, what is vibranium, because we see it in Cap's shield and it's very much a metal, so we have different stages of vibranium. We're going to see it a lot in its raw form, not the alloyed form which is sort of the stainless look."

So to sum it up, I suspect that composition and thickness should be taken into account with vibranium, and that scaling with it should probably be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.

Btw I think we should straight up scale Corvus Glaive's glaive as High 7-C. Unlike some other piercing weapons such as Asgardian ones where we list them as "higher" as a compromise due to it not making sense in irl physics but fiction treats piercing as strong af, his glaive actually has some sci-fi/magical properties of stopping Vision from phasing so I think we can straight up put that as High 7-C.

Let's try analyzing vibranium a bit.

I believe Black Panther's original suit is vibranium woven into fabric (with the later version being far more advanced, being composed of vibranium nanites, though the extent of its durability seems unclear) and Vision's body is a mix of synthetic organic tissue and vibranium. Neither are solid vibranium like Captain America's shield.

Ultron's final form, which is vibranium plated, had most of his armor melted away after a combined attack from Thor, Vision, and Mark 45 Iron Man, though Ultron might not have had much vibranium to use for his final form's armor, considering he was originally planning to use Vision's body for his final form, and would have then had to put together a new final form with whatever he didn't need for his device in Sokovia.

Said device was overloaded by Iron Man and Thor, though the central vibranium core still looked to be intact when Iron Man dodged it when the debris of Sokovia was falling, so it seemed to just be the entire landmass surrounding the vibranium core that was obliterated by the overload, not the core itself.

Fun fact: in this article, the production designer for the Black Panther movie points out how the usual depiction of vibranium (such as in Captain America's shield) is the material in its final processed form: "So we do have over here our Wakandan design group, which has over time evolved into where all the tech is being created. [And] we've got our vibranium mine, which is – we've come up with this sort of blue, kind of glowing rock. We went around a lot about like, what is vibranium, because we see it in Cap's shield and it's very much a metal, so we have different stages of vibranium. We're going to see it a lot in its raw form, not the alloyed form which is sort of the stainless look."

So to sum it up, I suspect that composition and thickness should be taken into account with vibranium, and that scaling with it should probably be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
Looks good, we just need a staff to evaluate this

In summary: This would mean

That Black Panther (With Claws) and Captain America's shield would get upgraded to High 7-A

I think it is worth mentioning that Thanos made the effort of avoiding Strange's energy bolts, yet made no such attempt to evade Iron Man's missile barrage shortly afterwards, which could imply he viewed the energy bolts as a larger threat. It might not be enough to warrant a complete upgrade to High 7-A, but perhaps the suggestion of a "at least High 7-C, possibly/likely High 7-A with Magic" rating should be considered.
Despite being beatdown by Hulk at the beginning (when caught off guard) enough to get a general idea of how strong Hulk was, and then casually overpowering Hulk's grip and breaking his nose in one punch, Thanos still resorted to dodging Hulk's attacks.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to try to scale Strange just because Thanos avoided a lightning attack. It's not only very vague and nonconcrete evidence, but nothing else proves Strange's power scales considering his sword was casually gripped by Thanos, he was launched into the horizon in a tug of war against Thanos, and hundreds of clones of him could only slow him down.

Captain America’s shield possibly scaling to Thanos when Doctor Strange doesn’t is very upsetting lmao

And get this, Thanos required multiple hits with the Copter Blade to get off just one half from the shield.

Honestly, the only time that Copter Blade didn't do damage to Cap's shield was when Thanos used one hand, the moment he used both his hands, he easily cut through it. There's also the fact that the shield not only took a punch from Thanos, but even throw from Endgame amped Mjolnir which caused a shockwave that made Thanos lose balance. The shield should be 6-C. Black Panther causing scratches on it would only count it as High 7-C, as even Phase 1 and 2 Hulk was able to dent it at best. And cutting through > dents/scratches. So High 7-C BP and Killmonger with nails.

Wasn’t that in AoS? Is that even canon to the MCU? I also feel the vibranium content of said wall would be really low since the amount of vibranium outside of Wakanda is extremely limited. Cap’s shield was all they had in WW2, BP’s uncle wasn’t shown to sell so many weapons as to provide the volume required to make that wall (given the depth of the punch) and Klaue got away with a lorry/truckload of it or something.

The first seasons of AoS are canon I believe, since they kinda show important stuff for Winter Soldier

I promise this’ll be the last time I bring up Doctor Strange

Shouldn’t Strange be scaling to High 7-A+/6-C because his clones could restrain Thanos, and force him to use two Infinity Gems to break free? Even earlier, when everyone was ganging up on Thanos, Strange was matching him (alone, not with help) in a tug-of-war (0:50 - 1:00).

A High 7-C wouldn’t be able to do that to a 6-C, that would be an (assuming Thanos is baseline) 18,545x difference.

Even if you don’t say Strange fully scales, he should get an ‘At least High 7-C, likely High 7-A+/6-C’ or maybe even ‘At most High 7-A+/6-C

I think you pointing out the clones just kind of debunked Strange doing it himself.

At the start of the fight, everyone was actually affecting Thanos in some kind of way for the sake of tension and exhilaration (Thanos was jobbing for the sake of there being an epic fight scene, which it was). However after Quill attacked Thanos, that was when his jobbing for the rest of the fight ended, and only the top tiers could actually stand a fighting chance against him. In that moment, at 3:10, Thanos casually overpowers Strange's lifting strength to yeet him across the planet.

And I wouldnt exactly scale Strange to his 100+ amounts of clones. I wouldn't downscale a humanity from an elephant if 100 humans put up a fight against an elephant in a tug-of-war.
Should one Strange really scale to this? Using the number "100+" wasn't an exaggeration.
Screenshot_2020-12-13-14-24-59.png

And I wouldnt exactly scale Strange to his 100+ amounts of clones. I wouldn't downscale a humanity from an elephant if 100 humans put up a fight against an elephant in a tug-of-war.
Should one Strange really scale to this? Using the number "100+" wasn't an exaggeration.
It kind of is an exaggeration unless you actually counted every single one of those clones. And Strange would be downscaling anyways which I think I made pretty clear, it’s not like I’m saying one Strange = all of his clones together.
At the start of the fight, everyone was actually affecting Thanos in some kind of way for the sake of tension and exhilaration (Thanos was jobbing for the sake of there being an epic fight scene, which it was).
”affecting” =/= blatantly matching in strength. Strange on his own had a tug-of-war with Thanos where neither of them had the advantage, that’s more definitive scaling than just “affecting.”

It kind of is an exaggeration unless you actually counted every single one of those clones.
I did.
This is 100 dots.
Untitled761_20201213143846.png

I have left out many more.
Strange on his own had a tug-of-war with Thanos where neither of them had the advantage, that’s more definitive scaling than just “affecting.”
Yes, but this does nothing but add to what I said about Thanos jobbing, since Strange's feat here is immediately and utterly contradicted twice.

Besides, the tier High 7-A is faaar too small to downscale at minimum a hundred times over.

Also also: lifting strength and AP are different.

Btw even if it was 100 High 7-C Stranges combined, that’s still a 185.45x difference, so even all the clones being High 7-C makes no sense.

It doesn’t even look like there’s a person on some of those dots. And like I said, even if there was 100 of them, that is still far too massive of a difference for that scene to work if Strange is High 7-C. Especially since iirc, scenes like that aren’t treated here as being a combination of power, so it’d be an even bigger difference. 100 High 7-C Stranges literally cannot restrain a 6-C Thanos.
Yes, but this does nothing but add to what I said about Thanos jobbing, since Strange's feat here is immediately and utterly contradicted twice.
Just saying “oh he’s just jobbing lol” seems like an excuse to ignore feats tbh. Especially when your claim of him jobbing is based solely on people affecting him, which means literally nothing in comparison to Strange straight-up matching him and his clones later forcing him to use two Infinity Gems simultaneously. Hell, Thanos even struggled with the Cloak of Levitation.

I think this does count for Strange likely being higher than High 7-C, but we can't put a number on it. So a "possibly higher" covers it

Or just make him ‘At least High 7-C, at most High 7-A+’ because he showed that he can match Thanos solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back