• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange seems to be dangerous because of magic hax like BFR or transmutation, rather than raw power. While I get him scaling to High 7-A/6-C, I wouldn't mind him only upscaling from Ultron and co.

I’m really against Strange not being High 7-A/6-C, but I suppose I’m in the minority here.

I think High 7-A or even 6-C makes the most sense but we legit don't have any way of scaling to that

"Unknown, higher with magic (His versatility allowed him to fight Thanos using most of his stones, albeit he was unable to physically damage him with any ability)".

Something something like this maybe?

I think far higher would be better, but if we can’t have High 7-A/6-C, then I suppose that would be a fine compromise.

We don’t know for sure what they meant, so at worst it should be ‘possibly High 7-C,’ it definitely shouldn’t nullify the AP rating entirely.

I’m fine with possibly.

9-C physically (Traded blows with Kaecilius who could behead a man with a blade and can create his own swords), at least X, possibly High 7-C with Magic (His lightning did this, doesn’t consider Ultron a threat), High 7-A with Portals (Superior to Wong who can cut off Cull Obsidian’s arm)

The underlined is for if we get the lightning calced since this would be the minimum for his magic. Portals are separate since we know they have a tier and can’t harm 6-Cs

Are the portals really AP? Well I guess there's WoG Thanos could withstand them closing so I guess.

I’m fine with possibly.

9-C physically (Traded blows with Kaecilius who could behead a man with a blade and can create his own swords), at least X, possibly High 7-C with Magic (His lightning did this, doesn’t consider Ultron a threat), High 7-A with Portals (Superior to Wong who can cut off Cull Obsidian’s arm)

The underlined is for if we get the lightning calced since this would be the minimum for his magic. Portals are separate since we know they have a tier and can’t harm 6-Cs
Somebody should calc the lightning and then we're done then

For real? High 7-A portals, then.
Yeah
Q: In both IW and EG, the heroes tried their back to take the glove away from Thanos, so why didn't Doctor Strange just cut off Thanos' hand with his ability?

A: Thanos' skin is almost impenetrable, we don't know whether Doctor Strange had the capability to do it. If he failed to cut it on time, Thanos would still able to do the snap. Doctor Strange realized this issue during his millions of test runs.

Source
Guess there's this
Q: Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?

A: Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it.
and this
Q: How did Thanos bring his army to the future?

A: There is a guy called Maw in his army, he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered and mass produced Pym Particles.

The thing about Strange cutting Thanos’ hand off makes it seem like there’s a 50/50 chance on whether he could do it or not, so could that give him possibly 6-C via portals?

He would certainly be crazy with Prep Time and access to his resources to possibly make something to counter his opponent.

What about IW Strange

9-C physically, at least (Calculated AP), possibly High 7-C (Weaker wizards considered Ultron no threat) or higher (Put up a good fight against Thanos on Titan) with magic

Also, why does Ebony Maw have Extraordinary Genius for doing that thing with the Pym Particles, but not Thanos himself?

Meh, the pym particle thing is just a excuse of the writers to explain another plot of the movie.

I really dislike this trend of having to directly ask them for issues in their movies that could have been added simply.

Baseline 6-C: Thanos (for obv reasons), IW Thor with Stormbreaker, Post IW Doctor Strange (with portals), Captain Marvel (Full Power), Hela (possibly), Odin (he should still be stronger than IW Thor), Surtur (Only his Prime State), IW and Endgame Scarlet Witch.

High 7-A (3.77 Gigatons): Awakened and Endgame Thor (direct feat) [higher with both weapons], Wong (with Portals), Thanos Forces (Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian only), Mjolnir Cap, Sakaar Training and Professor Hulk as well as Hulkbuster 2.0, Bleeding Edge and Mark 85 Iron Man, Ant-Man (Giant-Man), Rescue (Comparable to Bleeding Edge Armor).

I think this is it.

Okay. Thank you. As long as there is a consensus agreement, that should probably be fine.

Ok, the last thing before we start applying the changes. So Strange has possibly 6-C with portals. Wong would also get High 7-A with portals. So I'm guessing Karl Mordo and Ancient One also get High 7-A for being able to create portals as well?

Definitely High 7-A for Wong, Strange should only be High 7-A since he specifically can’t cut off Thanos’ arm and we have Thanos at baseline 6-C. Mordo and AO should probably scale since AO is just better than everyone not called Strange and Mordo was held in the same regard as Wong and performed at the same level against Kaecilius’ goons.

Btw speaking of Iron Man, in Civil War, Cap chucks his shield at Zemo's bunker and it does nothing, and Zemo reveals the bunker can withstand UR-100 missiles which have a yield of 0.5 to 1.1 megatons. Iron Man says he can beat that, and Zemo agrees, but overtime.

So he should be like up to 7-B overtime with weapons instead of 8-A maybe lol.

Btw speaking of Iron Man, in Civil War, Cap chucks his shield at Zemo's bunker and it does nothing, and Zemo reveals the bunker can withstand UR-100 missiles which have a yield of 0.5 to 1.1 megatons. Iron Man says he can beat that, and Zemo agrees, but overtime.

So he should be like up to 7-B overtime with weapons instead of 8-A maybe lol.
I think that may have been the launch blast, not the nuke itself.

Also, someone on CV claimed that Ragnarok artbook had Waititi say Surtur can burn all the 9 realms, but he hasn't posted a scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back