• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, if Thanos could've broken through Strange's hold without using the stones, he would've. He usually chooses to overpower his opponents physically when he can, so I do think Strange's Shadow clone restraints should be comparable to Thanos' physical strength.

Idunno man, Thanos easily ripped apart Iron Man's armor with his hands alone, but he still bothered to use the power stone afterwards.

Honestly I think he used the stone (specifically soul stone, if you watch the colors) for the sake of finding the true Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
Speaking of Dr. Strange, I wonder if his portals should get an AP rating.
This sounds weird, but Wong's portal ripped Cull's arm off, and I remember there being a statement from the Russo's that this trick wouldn't work on Thanos due to his tough skin. If this is true, then it means that the portals have a limit of sorts. Idk, it's weird lol.

Speaking of Dr. Strange, I wonder if his portals should get an AP rating.
This sounds weird, but Wong's portal ripped Cull's arm off, and I remember there being a statement from the Russo's that this trick wouldn't work on Thanos due to his tough skin. If this is true, then it means that the portals have a limit of sorts. Idk, it's weird lol.
I actually had that same thought, and immediately forgot about it, but yeah it'd make sense if we accept the statement

There was a chance Doctor Strange could stay High 7-A by scaling to Ebony Maw (Who restrained Thor), so I will look at his fight with ebony maw
  • Strange deflects Ebony Maw's bricks with a portal
  • Strange throws a whip to hold ebony maw, ebony overpowers the whip and throws strange into a building
  • Ebony tries to take the time stone, he fails due to the spell of the eye
  • Ebony throws strange out of the building and chokes him unconscious

So yeah, Strange shouldn't scale, and I agree with anonymous about scaling to Thanos, strange is clearly way out of his league, and at least with Iron Man, we saw him take blows in Infinity War and he briefly tussled with Thanos in endgame

Last edited:
Let's face it, the Russo's were just trying to cover their asses because it's PIS.

Endgame writers have also shot down another way Thanos could be beaten-- said that Ant-man would get crushed by the walls of rectum if he tried expanding inside Thanos. Seriously speaking,wouldn't that be a good durability feat, his gastrointestinal tract being able to withstand an expanding Ant-man? I have a feeling it might be outlier levels if calculated though.

Endgame writers have also shot down another way Thanos could be beaten-- said that Ant-man would get crushed by the walls of rectum if he tried expanding inside Thanos. Seriously speaking,wouldn't that be a good durability feat, his gastrointestinal tract being able to withstand an expanding Ant-man? I have a feeling it might be outlier levels if calculated though.
LMFAO.

I cannot unsee this.

Will speed be revised in any way? iirc there was a feat of Hela reacting to Thor's lightning from close proximity, and I don't believe it was ever calced. It could be interesting.

That's were the current speed ratings came from, it was MHS
Oh nice, didn't know that.

Well, I do have a couple of other questions related to speed.

Why is Pre-Awakening Thor's running speed slower than Captain America? I mean, I understand that their calcs yield those results, but it's still weird to have Thor being slower than the Enhanced humans like Cap, Bucky, and BP.

Another question I have is, why doesn't Hela scale to MHS for catching Mjolnir? Doesn't Thor have MHS+ throwing and flight speed with it? Iirc Thanos also reacted to both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

I feel like scaling Thor above Cap and folks just by saying he "should be faster than them" makes sense ngl

Oh nice, didn't know that.

Well, I do have a couple of other questions related to speed.

Another question I have is, why doesn't Hela scale to MHS for catching Mjolnir? Doesn't Thor have MHS+ throwing and flight speed with it? Iirc Thanos also reacted to both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
Donttalk told me the mjolnir feats are calc stacking

Wait, are you serious?! They actually took that meme seriously?! XD

I think Film Theory came up with an underwhelming calc for that.

Then again it's Film Theory.

And I remember Because Science also calculated the same thing with some outlandish results.

Because apparently, the force needed to rip the innards via stretching it is far greater than the one you use to blow a car a few feet in the air.

So I was curious about Strange being High 7-C and decided to check his profile where it links to not considering Ultron a threat and fighting Kaecilius as the reasons. While I disagree with Ultron not being considered a threat as a reason to scale to that AP (Strange is all about that hax), we should remove the circular scaling between the 3 wizards cuz Kaecilius links to Strange and Wong and Wong links to back to Strange. If Strange is the origin for the other two, just say that they fought him or should be comparable.

Honestly, the more I look at his profile, the more I disagree with the reasoning. Other wizards are just randomly comparable to Strange despite only ever fighting noob Strange physically (unless it’s from a comicn which case the panels should be linked), the Mirror Dimension and transmutation are being used for durability, the aforementioned Ultron and 4 Stone Thanos parts etc.

I’d say calc his lightning attack against Thanos for Strange’s offensive magic and make his portals High 7-A.

Btw, I've seen profiles that are put around the same ballpark if a character dodges an attack. When Strange used his lightning ability, Thanos needed to dodge it. Meaning its an attack that could've harmed Thanos had he not dodged it. Tho I'm not sure if this could be used.

Yeah, his shields should definitely scale to High 7-A. The random wizards could even stop “rain fire” cannons which were knocking around the Avengers with layered shields so Strange being the strongest and scaling above a bunch of em makes sense.

Okay, so we've at least figured out his durability and LS (with magic ofc). That's a good start.

Can this feat be calced? I know it looks underwhelming, but anything is better than Unknown imo.
It's the feat in Endgame where Strange stops a bunch of water and creates a weird water tornado.

Last edited:
He's still the second most haxed character in the verse, so that's something I guess.
I expect, or rather hope, that Dr. Strange 2 will give him better feats and hax.

Seriously speaking,wouldn't that be a good durability feat
Yeah, but not as good, since Ant-Man wouldn't grow beyond the size of a human before he gets crushed. The internal organs of a Tier 7-6 character crushing a Tier 10-9 character isn't that insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back