• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Fate Servant upgrade [Réalta Nua]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an attempt to tackle this the last time, but there were a thousand different ways to measure the feat, so I reduced it to just a few. I will also be debunking this feat as an outlier, as there are quite a few continent-planetary statements in other works.

The next instant... In an attempt to activate his magecraft before Enkidu had the time to
deploy their Noble Phantasm, Thia yelled powerful words.
Hollowed Hearsay/Oblivion turns to festivity
“A Clockwork Abbadon!”
Numerous “moons” with masses ranging from 500 kilos to dozens of tons rained on Enkidu
and Earth much beyond the speed of sound.
Due to a spell to ignore air resistance, the projectiles he continuously fired with the high
speed of a railgun shot would never burn or slow down. It was clear that if they reached the

Chapter 21

surface, they would cause major harm to the land and all the life on it.

At that moment, the energy levels in Enkidu’s body skyrocketed. Thia couldn’t tell where
all this power was coming from but all of the Heroic Spirit’s parameters got a temporary boost.
People, let us bind the gods
“Enuma Elish!”
Enkidu unleashed their Noble Phantasm without a moment’s delay.
The power to turn their Saint Graph into one all-piercing lynchpin weapon by borrowing
power from the planet and Human Order.
This is obviously a surface destruction feat, which is = 646.57 Petatons of TNT (Multi-Continent level) High 6-A.

Enkidu later manages to block some of the debris but fails to deflect all of it.

The second largest fragment was able to evaporate 12% of the arctic ice in an instant, just with its heat energy, and if it landed anywhere other than the north pole, was going to cause irreversible damage to the rotation of the earth. Even a slight change of 1% is in the High 6-A Range of power, and a change of 100% or more would put this feat at 5-C, possibly even higher if it manages to affect the earth's orbit. I would also like to add the Earth's counterforce only activates when the planet faces a major threat. A small change of 1% may wipe out most if not all life on earth, but it probably isn't enough for the Earth to take action.
  1. --If the one from the North Pole had fallen in an urban area... No, this problem would not have humanity’s alone. If that thing had fallen anywhere other than the North Pole, it would have had an irreversible effect on Earth’s rotation, causing...--
  2. Fate/Strange Fake: Volume 7, Chapter 22: "The First and Last Breather Day"
The largest Piece, which has a mass close to the original, was capable of this.
Direct contact with the malignant star’s destruction and atomic decay spells would return
the city named after the angels to light.
The magical energy contained in it could erase all life within a few kilometers’ radius. And
the decay that comes after the destruction would cause a chain of cataclysms by stimulating the
land, the dragonveins, and the underground magma.
Not even Thia himself was able to stop this. This impact would define the future direction
of humanity, on a physical level far beyond the arcane concealment.
Keyword: would.
Thia line of sight took him to a dense swirling cumulonimbus.
Supposedly a western hurricane that passed Los Angeles on its way to Nevada.
The giant cumulonimbus might seem like just a grotesque mass of giant clouds taking up
space on Earth’s troposphere but Thia always felt an unpleasant presence inside its dense clouds.
It felt like all the magical energy of the land and air around the cumulonimbus was trapped
inside the cloud.
Some major unknown threat was inside it but he knew he was in no condition to do anything
about it.
That’s why he didn’t give it any attention until now.
However, Gugalanna was capable of stopping it.
An egg of ruin and destruction, charged with enough power to cause a widespread earth-
quake when it hit the ground.

Is it more powerful than the hurricane then?
Obviously, comparing different forms of calamities is comparing apples and oranges, and
cataclysmic earthquakes are inherently more damaging to the world than giant tornados, but

looking only at their energy numbers, the bulky hurricane had the power of a hundred magni-
tude 9 earthquakes.

What would happen if all this energy walked like a beast?

This amount of energy alone, would be
9.32 Teratons * 100 = 932 Teratons. (6-A Continent Level.)

"But BasedNasuWanker69, this is an outlier! no other feat caused by servants comes even close to this level!"
And to that, I say completely false. There are actually several feats by servant-level characters on this level.

Tesla can blow up Continents (6-A)
Pretty simple. Tesla states that at full power, he could blow up the continent, referring to North America in this instance, being the place where the singularity occurs.

Atlas has Planet Level Tech (Low 5-B)
Another simple feat.

Dust of Osiris (5-B)
While not a servant, she is a DAA, which are comparable to top tier servants. Her profile currently states she can do this.
Planet level with preparation (By recreating the environment that Arcueid created with her Marble Phantasm, showing a part of the Earth of a thousand years in the future, as a Reality Marble, Dust of Osiris can, given the time to complete the spell, flip the inside and the outside of this Reality Marble to bring about this future all over the planet, eradicating humanity and reducing the planet to a wasteland that cannot support any life)
Cu is a Planet-Buster (Low 5-B)
Scathach flat out says that Cu Alter has the power to destroy the world. Flowery statement? Not really, since he is empowered by the Holy Grail of Goetia, and those Grails can create entire Singularities, which can be Country to even Planet sized.

Planet Busting Asteroid (Low 5-B,probably 5-B due to the large number of fragments)
The Demon Tower's plan in this singularity is to summon a meteor that will destroy the planet. The servants defeat the Demon Pillar of this singularity. Emiya Alter's Unlimited Lost Works literally fragments the planet-busting asteroid, while Artoria Alter proceeds to use her Excalibur Morgan to vaporize the fragmented asteroid pieces, of which each could still bust the Shinjuku singularity.

As a result, I want to upgrade the common a+ rank np value to the mininum energy required to destroy the earth 2.49e32 J (59.44 Zettatons) , and let everyone downscale from there.
Agree: @LordGriffin1000, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree: Deagonx

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can be of help evaluating the method you used, that's more of a calc member thing.

As for the other stuff, some of it is through tech or prep so I wouldn't say that backs up feats of characters doing something with their own power, though it still showcases that stuff isn't impossible and the blow up continent is pretty straightforward so I don't have an issue with the consistency. However, I don't know the verse so I'll have to see if any supports have any issues but right now it looks supported so I'm fine with it f9r now.

I'm not sure I can be of help evaluating the method you used, that's more of a calc member thing.

As for the other stuff, some of it is through tech or prep so I wouldn't say that backs up feats of characters doing something with their own power, though it still showcases that stuff isn't impossible and the blow up continent is pretty straightforward so I don't have an issue with the consistency. However, I don't know the verse so I'll have to see if any supports have any issues but right now it looks supported so I'm fine with it f9r now.
Thanks for the input :alien:

There are so many issues with this. To start, planet destroying feats are Tier 1. So most of these aren't Tier 5 feats that need calculations.

As I've already said, the Thia thing is not one meteor and no one scales to it that isn't already scaling above it. Or just exists in a scaling vacuum.

No one scales to Tesla/Cu Alter NPs. They are EX NPs. Cu Alter's even one shots and nearly killed Scathach.

Most of the Atlas Superweapons aren't really destructive weapons. They are way more hax in nature. And they hit way higher than Low 5-B.

Dust of Osiris is something that is massive prep work and is likely either Tier 1 or not tierable according to what other Nasu fans are telling me on Discord.

Shinjuku meteor has calcs already. The vaporization was like High 7-A iirc.

Also what even is the point of this thread?

There are so many issues with this. To start, planet destroying feats are Tier 1. So most of these aren't Tier 5 feats that need calculations.
Singularities have no counter force.
As I've already said, the Thia thing is not one meteor and no one scales to it that isn't already scaling above it. Or just exists in a scaling vacuum.
I've already mentioned it in the OP/
No one scales to Tesla/Cu Alter NPs. They are EX NPs. Cu Alter's even one shots and nearly killed Scathach.
cu's np is a+ rank. tesla is EX. but honestly it was to show that feats on this scale have happened.
Shinjuku meteor has calcs already. The vaporization was like High 7-A iirc.
It still has low 5b/5B ap. In order to match that you need comparable force. Sure blowing up the meteor gives that value but you ignore the force it has, something you need to overcome to destroy.

Well, for my part, I do not consider the first quote to be a surface wiping feat. All it says is that it would cause "major harm" which is not automatically surface wiping.

The second largest fragment was able to evaporate 12% of the arctic ice in an instant, just with its heat energy, and if it landed anywhere other than the north pole, was going to cause irreversible damage to the rotation of the earth. Even a slight change of 1% is in the High 6-A Range of power, and a change of 100% or more would put this feat at 5-C, possibly even higher if it manages to affect the earth's orbit.
How was this calculated?

This amount of energy alone, would be
9.32 Teratons * 100 = 932 Teratons. (6-A Continent Level.)
I also am not sure how this was derived.

Used the mag 9 earthquake from the EQ power chart and multiplied it.
I don't personally consider this sound, given that it's described as a chain reaction:

The magical energy contained in it could erase all life within a few kilometers’ radius. And
the decay that comes after the destruction would cause a chain of cataclysms by stimulating the

I took the rotational energy of the earth, and divided it.
It says it would have an irreversible effect on the Earth's rotation. That's definitionally true of any object that collides with the Earth. I don't personally feel comfortable making any assumptions about what amount that means.

It does say, however, that it could erase all life within a few kilometers radius. I'd be fine with calcing it to that.

I don't personally consider this sound, given that it's described as a chain reaction:

Thats for the meteor itsself. The one thats stated to have an energy value of 100 mag9 earthquakes is gugalanna.
It says it would have an irreversible effect on the Earth's rotation. That's definitionally true of any object that collides with the Earth. I don't personally feel comfortable making any assumptions about what amount that means.
While that may be true, the fact that it says this for one of the largest pieces and not the other pieces implies a huge change. I was told 1% would be a decent lowball, although it could easily be higher. A normal asteroid impact isnt going to affect the earths rotation enough to cause something

Last edited:
While that may be true, the fact that it says this for one of the largest pieces and not the other pieces implies a huge change.
I don't really agree, since it very clearly did not inflict continental damage. The only manner in which location would change the effect it has on rotation is its angle relative to the Earth. It would have the same amount of energy either way, it's just a matter of whether that energy gets pushed against the Earth's angular momentum. If this was a continent destroying level asteroid that would be clear either way.

The one thats stated to have an energy value of 100 mag9 earthquakes is gugalanna.
I see. Your math seems off. According to the Center for Earthquake Research and Information a mag9 Earthquake is 99 megatons, which means 100 would be 10~ gigatons which is on the low end of 6-C. I wouldn't be eager to assume he can dispense 100% of that energy in a single attack.

I don't really agree, since it very clearly did not inflict continental damage. The only manner in which location would change the effect it has on rotation is its angle relative to the Earth. It would have the same amount of energy either way, it's just a matter of whether that energy gets pushed against the Earth's angular momentum. If this was a continent destroying level asteroid that would be clear either way.
Water can cushion impact, and the Nasuverse Earth is immeasurably more defensive than the irl one.

I see. Your math seems off. According to the Center for Earthquake Research and Information a mag9 Earthquake is 99 megatons, which means 100 would be 10~ gigatons which is on the low end of 6-C. I wouldn't be eager to assume he can dispense 100% of that energy in a single attack.
im using the Total Seismic Energy

Last edited:
This is obviously a surface destruction feat, which is = 646.57 Petatons of TNT (Multi-Continent level) High 6-A.

Enkidu later manages to block some of the debris but fails to deflect all of it.

The second largest fragment was able to evaporate 12% of the arctic ice in an instant, just with its heat energy, and if it landed anywhere other than the north pole, was going to cause irreversible damage to the rotation of the earth.
Starting with this, I don't think it's surface wiping. I do think it's in the 6-A range, but likely not that high
Even a slight change of 1% is in the High 6-A Range of power, and a change of 100% or more would put this feat at 5-C, possibly even higher if it manages to affect the earth's orbit. I would also like to add the Earth's counterforce only activates when the planet faces a major threat. A small change of 1% may wipe out most if not all life on earth, but it probably isn't enough for the Earth to take action.
I don't know what this is even saying tbh
The largest Piece, which has a mass close to the original, was capable of this.

However, Gugalanna was capable of stopping it.
gonna point out
An egg of ruin and destruction, charged with enough power to cause a widespread earth-
quake when it hit the ground.
this is a 6-B feat
looking only at their energy numbers, the bulky hurricane had the power of a hundred magni-
tude 9 earthquakes.
if you are using total seismic energy, which I think makes sense, then I guess it would be 6-A
Tesla can blow up Continents (6-A)
Pretty simple. Tesla states that at full power, he could blow up the continent, referring to North America in this instance, being the place where the singularity occurs.
I think this, and the Chaos statement from OG tsukihime work as good support for 6-A. that being said, I don't agree with high 6-A at all at this moment.
This would need to be accepted by calc group members as a calc first.
it would, yes. the ice cap evaporating feat needs to be calced first, and calc group members need to make sure the statements are able to qualify for the common feats listed. I do definitely agree that more things here should be calced by themselves, but that's just my opinion.

I don't know what this is even saying tbh
the meteor impact, if landed anywhere else, would cause a major shift in the earths rotation, which is at mininum h6-A, max 5-C
if you are using total seismic energy, which I think makes sense, then I guess it would be 6-A
i am.
I think this, and the Chaos statement from OG tsukihime work as good support for 6-A. that being said, I don't agree with high 6-A at all at this moment.

it would, yes. the ice cap evaporating feat needs to be calced first, and calc group members need to make sure the statements are able to qualify for the common feats listed. I do definitely agree that more things here should be calced by themselves, but that's just my opinion.
The ice cap evaporation feat is irrelevant, imo. thats why i didnt bother to provide a value for it.

im using the Total Seismic Energy
It doesn't appear as though the "Earthquake Power Chart" has received a substantive update in several years, and both charts are much higher than scientific sources I am finding for the subject. The source used for the chart appears to be a website that describes itself as "Amateur Seismological Information" so we should likely update it with more reliable information.

However, in any case, I don't agree with scaling it to attack potency. By that logic the amount of joules in the human body would make us all small building level.

The ice cap evaporation feat is irrelevant, imo. thats why i didnt bother to provide a value for it.
you should, otherwise, there would have been no point in even adding it to the OP. just calc, because it could be pretty decent support if it lands in the 6-B to 6-A range

It doesn't appear as though the "Earthquake Power Chart" has received a substantive update in several years, and both charts are much higher than scientific sources I am finding for the subject. The source used for the chart appears to be a website that describes itself as "Amateur Seismological Information" so we should likely update it with more reliable information.
wouldn't mind updating it, although it would effect a lot of verses, so I'm not sure when that should be done
However, in any case, I don't agree with scaling it to attack potency. By that logic the amount of joules in the human body would make us all small building level.
it does say it has the power of 100 mag. 9 earthquakes, which does make me a bit skeptical on using total seismic energy. I do still think it's in the tier 6 range, however. but yeah, we need more calc group members here

it does say it has the power of 100 mag. 9 earthquakes, which does make me a bit skeptical on using total seismic energy. I do still think it's in the tier 6 range, however. but yeah, we need more calc group members here
only a few of the 8 or so feats brought up any mention of calculations, and they're all common reference feats or based on accepted values, feats that do not need a calc members approval.

except the human body isnt completely made out of magic energy.
I'm aware, but I do not cosign using a beings total energy as attack potency unless we have specific reason to believe they can expend it in such massive quantities on attacks.

I'm aware, but I do not cosign using a beings total energy as attack potency unless we have specific reason to believe they can expend it in such massive quantities on attacks.
its possible, both rin and sakura were able to expel the 1000 or so units they could hold at once, its just practical in a fight to have a way to regenerate it all. Also the text directly says gugalanna has the power of 100 earthquakes due to its energy

I'd need proof, not speculation or possibility. I'm not comfortable tiering this description unto itself, personally. Others may disagree.

The North Pole ice caps are between 9-12 trillion square meters in area and 3-4 meters thick.
The average temperature is at most −31 °C.

Water Properties
Specific Heat of Water: 4178 J/(kg*°C)
Latent Heat of Fusion: 334,000 J/kg
Latent Heat of Vaporization: 2264705.7 J/kg
Temperature Change (Melting): 0-(-31) = 31°C
Temperature Change (Vaporization): 100-0 = 100°C

Minimum Value
Volume: 9,000,000,000,000 m^2 * 3 m * 0.12 = 2,880,000,000,000 m^3
Mass: 2,880,000,000,000 m^3 * 917 kg/m^3 = 2,640,960,000,000,000 kg
Melting: (2,640,960,000,000,000 kg * 4178 J/(kg*°C) * 31°C) + (2,640,960,000,000,000 kg * 334,000 J/kg) = 1,224,132,497,280,000,000,000 J
Vaporizing: (2,640,960,000,000,000 kg * 4178 J/(kg*°C) * 100°C) + (2,640,960,000,000,000 kg * 2264705.7 J/kg) = 7,084,390,253,472,000,000,000 J
Total: 1,224,132,497,280,000,000,000 + 7,084,390,253,472,000,000,000 = 8,308,522,750,752,000,000,000 Joules = 1.9857846 teratons TNT = Small Country level

Maximum Value

Volume: 12,000,000,000,000 m^2 * 4 m * 0.12 = 5,760,000,000,000 m^3
Mass: 5,760,000,000,000 m^3 * 917 kg/m^3 = 5,281,920,000,000,000 kg
Melting: (5,281,920,000,000,000 kg * 4178 J/(kg*°C) * 31°C) + (5,281,920,000,000,000 kg * 334,000 J/kg) = 2,448,264,994,560,000,000,000 J
Vaporizing: (5,281,920,000,000,000 kg * 4178 J/(kg*°C) * 100°C) + (5,281,920,000,000,000 kg * 2264705.7 J/kg) = 14,168,780,506,944,000,000,000 J
Total: 2,448,264,994,560,000,000,000 + 14,168,780,506,944,000,000,000 = 16,617,045,501,504,000,000,000 Joules = 3.9715692 teratons TNT = Small Country level

Keep in mind that this is merely for the part of the ice caps vaporizing, not any of the other effects of the impact, so these values don't represent the total energy of the event.
Also, this isn't a case of "low end versus high end" despite how it looks—both ends are valid since the ice caps range in size based on various factors. So unless you have some way of determining the size of the ice caps at the time the feat takes place, you should take this portion of the feat as being "1.9857846 to 3.9715692 teratons TNT".

Last edited:
Okay, given the tone of the passage, I feel like this is a little bit disingenuous. The passage is clearly trying to impress upon the reader that the effects would be massive and catastrophic. A 1% alteration of rotational energy is a fair low-ball for that. Even if you reduced that to 0.1%, it'll still be High 6-A.
0.5 * 9.696E+37 kg·m^2 * (0.00007272 rad/s)^2 * 0.001 = 2.56372E+26 Joules

Even if we say it's a change of 1% to the rotational velocity instead of the energy, that's still the same value:
0.5 * 9.696E+37 kg·m^2 * (0.00007272 rad/s * 0.01)^2 = 2.56372E+25 Joules

Last edited:
Okay, given the tone of the passage, I feel like this is a little bit disingenuous. The passage is clearly trying to impress upon the reader that the effects would be massive and catastrophic. A 1% alteration of rotational energy is a fair low-ball for that. Even if you reduced that to 0.1%, it'll still be High 6-A.
0.5 * 9.696E+37 kg·m^2 * (0.00007272 rad/s)^2 * 0.001 = 2.56372E+26 Joules

Even if we say it's a change of 1% to the rotational velocity instead of the energy, that's still the same value:
0.5 * 9.696E+37 kg·m^2 * (0.00007272 rad/s * 0.01)^2 = 2.56372E+25 Joules
The issue is that if the collision were indeed that severe it would've been absolutely catastrophic no matter where it landed, for reasons entirely unrelated to rotation, but since that didn't happen we would have to come up with an explanation for why it didn't destroy a continent if it was a continental meteor impact.

The issue is that if the collision were indeed that severe it would've been absolutely catastrophic no matter where it landed, for reasons entirely unrelated to rotation, but since that didn't happen we would have to come up with an explanation for why it didn't destroy a continent if it was a continental meteor impact.
the counter force is a fair explanation, if the debris fragments were just small country level, the cf wouldn't have buffed Enkidu. The cf probably pulled some defensive shenanigans to cushion the blow

Isn't that called the DC fallacy? It's like denying Superman's cosmic-level strength because half the planet doesn't vaporize when he punches Darkseid in the face full-strength in the middle of Metropolis.

Isn't that called the DC fallacy? It's like denying Superman's cosmic-level strength because half the planet doesn't vaporize when he punches Darkseid in the face full-strength in the middle of Metropolis.
I'm not familiar with the term, but it's a little different when you're arguing a meteor impact is stronger than the actual effect that it had because of a percentage of the earth's rotational energy that was never mentioned in the source material is assumed to be its power.

I'm not familiar with the term, but it's a little different when you're arguing a meteor impact is stronger than the actual effect that it had because of a percentage of the earth's rotational energy that was never mentioned in the source material is assumed to be its power.
--If the one from the North Pole had fallen in an urban area... No, this problem would not have humanity’s alone. If that thing had fallen anywhere other than the North Pole, it would have had an irreversible effect on Earth’s rotation, causing...--
I'm sorry, what do you personally think "irreversible effect on Earth's rotation" means here? In this context, where they're going out of their way to mention that potential consequence, in the wake of a catastrophic event?

I'm sorry, what do you personally think "irreversible effect on Earth's rotation" means here?
I think it means an irreversible effect? I just won't assume magnitude because it wasn't stated.

In this context, where they're going out of their way to mention that potential consequence, in the wake of a catastrophic event?
Yeah, I'm not going to cosign scaling a meteor impact wildly above the actual destruction that it literally caused on account of a vibe check. If a meteor hits the Moon and doesn't destroy it, some character making a statement about it being a large enough impact to reduce the Earth's rotation by 10%, I am not going to use the latter to say it's Moon level and override the fact that it literally did hit the Moon and failed to destroy it. I would use the latter to say that whatever character said the former was just mistaken. Reality and feats should always be placed above character statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back