• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Verse Page Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was long overdue, but it needs to be done. As stated on the verse page:

The two other games belong to the Senshinkan series, a separate franchise that has nothing to do with Shinza storywise

... So why do they share the same verse page? Shinza and Senshinkan are totally unrelated settings, with different power systems and totally different cosmology, the only thing in common being having Masada as the man behind everything. However, sharing an author isn't enough to get to be on the same verse page, otherwise Mob Psycho 100 and One-Punch Ma would need to be fused together. So what I ask is obvious: make 2 verse pages, one for Shinza Banshou and one for Senshinkan.

This has been discussed for awhile and tbh I agree with the split, outside the Author, some WoG statements comparing characters by said author and some like easter eggs popping up they arnt related and should not share a Verse Page.

Makes sense to me

Calling it now.

Masada will spit y'all later by making Senshinkan crossover with Shinza through Pantheon and make it canon :kobeha

I agree with the split but who know like Sleepy said Masada may create a crossover. Another way will be that the curent Page to remain and have links the splits.

╠ÂI╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âk╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âi╠Ât╠Â,╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠ÂI╠Â'╠Âm╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Âu╠Ât╠Âr╠Âa╠Âl╠Â.╠Â

The logical course of action would be just renaming the Masadaverse page to Shinza Banshou because, let's be real, when people say "Masadaverse" they actually mean Shinza. So all Senshinkan info is just moved to a new verse page and the links are fixed accordingly.

When I say Masadaverse I mean both of them, and I use Shinzaverse for all of the Shinza Banshou works. I just use Senshinkan for Senshinkan as it is far less developed and has far less works than the Shinzaverse.

I agree with the split. They do only share an author, and differ to a great enough extent that they can't even be considered in the same verse. Unless, as Sleepy has stated, Pantheon makes a crossover. For as far as I am aware there is nothing absolutely denying them taking place in the same Verse. But we don't have prrof that they do either.

Also different Nasuverse works differ to a great enough extent to warrent other pages. Like how Extra all takes place in the Moon Cell and thus operates in a very different way. Or that Grand Order is largely diverged from all other works in terms of timeline and machanics. But this page isn't for that anyway, this is about the Masadaverse.

I don't really see how different works within the Nasuverse taking place within different aspects and settings within that verse makes them warrant their own verse pages, when there are other verses that have far more divergence yet still remain on the same page. Besides, especially in the case of Fate, the works are always more similar to eachother than they are divergent, and even in the case of the moon cell, it's not like Spiritron Dimensions that the moon cell uses weren't a thing before Extra

Yeah, I totally agree with Iapitus, while we are on that, the Donkey Kong Series page should be merged with the Mario Bros verse page as they are the same verse and all and there's really no good reason for them to be separate.

Also merge all of the Final Fantasy verse pages to the main one, seriously, the only reason they have stayed this long is because no one wants to clean up such a mess, or supporters being limited to a single segment of a series, but the same goes for essencially all verses with more than one entry, so that's not a good reason either.

My view is that

Stay Night, Zero, Hollow Ataraxia, Apocrypha, El-Melloi, and Strange Fake go together.

But Extra should be considered seperate due to the very different plot, world mechanics, and power levels.

Grand Order should be seperate due to it having massive changes to Cannon. Not just in the timeline. But also in machanics. Such as the allowing of Time and Dimensional Travel without the use of the Second or Fifth Magics, Heroic Spirits simply being able to have seperate Spirit Origins and Noble Phantasms just becuase they put on a swimsuit, along with just putting so many characters at "2-A" (Despite that just being wrong, I am still working on that CRT), Etc, etc.

Kara no Kyoukai and Mahou Tsukai no Youru, despite taking place in the same world, are disconnected enough that they should be considered their own things.

Basically we should seperate it into:

Mainline- Those dealing with the Holy Grail War or the like, typically being a consistent 7-A to 6-C.

Extra- Those that take place in the MoonCell,

Grand Order- Speaks for itself.

Anyway, I went on a tangent. Sorry for derailing this thread.

This is probably fine. It doesn't seem controversial.

I am for the split. It makes sense, and maybe rename the Masadaverse Explanation Page to Shinza Banshou explanation page, as it covers nothing about Senshinkan.

So has this been sufficiently accepted then?

So how will we do this? Since we seem to have enough support from those knowledgable on the verse and mods to get this up and going.

We'll do this:

Ionliosite said:
The logical course of action would be just renaming the Masadaverse page to Shinza Banshou because, let's be real, when people say "Masadaverse" they actually mean Shinza. So all Senshinkan info is just moved to a new verse page and the links are fixed accordingly.

Alrighty then so whos gonna be responsible for doing all that (Im guessing multiple people will be).

To Ionliosite, we would also have to create a seperate Senshinkan page to connected Senshinkan characters to. As the Senshinkan links connected to Masadaverse. Though I do agree with the name change.

Help with applying this change would be very appreciated.

The links to the verse page need to be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back