• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: KI Manipulation P&A Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Ball profiles are really outdated, specially the Ki Manipulation entries, where some characters get abilities that others don't for unexplained reasons and the lack of sources explaining how they work, so, i am proposing a Ki Manipulation verse-specific powers and abilities page. Here is the sandbox made by me and @Vietthai96

This will solve the current redundancy and inconsistencies in the profiles by using levels of mastery that better fit each character. Also please read the notes

Clarifications

The Manipulation section is based on Daizenshuu's 4 Classification of Attacks and is there to explain how ki manipulation works, but for the Games, DBS Anime and DBS Manga, it's to list the abilities the characters get from that continuity, so the ability entry in the profiles would be something like "Ki Manipulation [Master - DBS Anime]" and so on

I separated the abilities between the canon continuities, but if they should apply one to each other (i.e all of them applying to Z), i will change it

Listing abilities for Toei is planned for the future, but since Toei has way more content and it will take more time, it should be fine using the canon abilities for now

Naturally, abilities from the characters profiles that are already covered by the page should be removed unless it has an additional/different form of use

That's all for now.

Dragon Ball profiles are really outdated, specially the Ki Manipulation entries, where some characters get abilities that others don't for unexplained reasons and the lack of sources explaining how they work, so, i am proposing a Ki Manipulation verse-specific powers and abilities page. Here is the sandbox made by me and @Vietthai96

This will solve the current redundancy and inconsistencies in the profiles by using levels of mastery that better fit each character. Also please read the notes

Clarifications

The Manipulation section is based on Daizenshuu's 4 Classification of Attacks and is there to explain how ki manipulation works, but for the Games, DBS Anime and DBS Manga, it's to list the abilities the characters get from that continuity, so the ability entry in the profiles would be something like "Ki Manipulation [Master - DBS Anime]" and so on

I separated the abilities between the canon continuities, but if they should apply one to each other (i.e all of them applying to Z), i will change it

Listing abilities for Toei is planned for the future, but since Toei has way more content and it will take more time, it should be fine using the canon abilities for now

Naturally, abilities from the characters profiles that are already covered by the page should be removed unless it has an additional/different form of use

That's all for now.
Really great work.

I loved the use of references, notes and things from the backmachine.

Dude, it's going to be a job for you and Vieth to remove the skills that this page already covers from all profiles.

I don't disagree with any of the abilities, but I'm unsure how I feel about the games being on the same page as canon, I thought we already had Ki pages for the games?

Honestly the special ki page one could be renamed to "special ki manipulation (Dragon Ball Games)" since the cannon version of ki is getting a page

Shouldn't characters from the Freeza Army lack Damage Boost too?

Also Movement Type should include Afterimage Creation too.

Last edited:
What about OG dragon ball where they learn how to sense energy and fly late into og? Do we list that they gain those abilities?

One thing, wouldn't, social influencing be fear manipulation? That seems to fit the definition better.
I like the proposal, but I don't think there is enough evidence to classify it as anything more than social influencing

"It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors."

Jeez, look like work love to find me instead, anyway yeah it is the Ki barrier that resist the poison, however it is due to how the ability is present on the page cause confusion, gonna fix this later when i get back to my PC.

there go my plan to lay low

Still the ki barrier grants that resistance
Not really? Anyone with Forcefield Creation could do it
The poison needs contact to work and since the ki barrier creates distance between Goku and the poison, the poison doesn't work.
Are we gonna give Gas a poison resistance because the same thing would have happened if Lavender punched him?
5iJdZg5.png

Question, how will the DBS exclussive abilities listed work? Like, do the DBZ version not have it at all? Do we nees to specity which one of each they are in the match?

Like, the Z Ki should have the same things as the Super Ki, no?

Shouldn't characters from the Freeza Army lack Damage Boost too?

Also Movement Type should include Afterimage Creation too.
Characters from the Freeza Army still get Damage Boost because they have ki attacks that are significantly greater than their own power, like Nappa's Greatest Technique, Vegeta's Galick Gun, Zarbon's Elegant Buster and etc

And afterimage is a physical martial arts technique, it doesn't come from ki

This is a part I don't really agree with. I think it is beneficial to list the abilities that a character displays on their profile when it comes to something as simple as their Ki Manipulation abilities. For example, on Gas' page:

vuLKcbs.png

I don't think it'd be useful to remove Flight or Forcefield Manipulation from the list just because he's linked to the Ki Manipulation page.

I think it's fine to link to the new page and make a note of "Master" or "Beginner" when it comes to Ki Manipulation - but I think it should still be fine to list Ki abilities that the character in question has performed.

Characters from the Freeza Army still get Damage Boost because they have ki attacks that are significantly greater than their own power, like Nappa's Greatest Technique, Vegeta's Galick Gun, Zarbon's Elegant Buster and etc
We scale vegeta to his galic gun directly tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back