• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: KI Manipulation P&A Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, how will the DBS exclussive abilities listed work? Like, do the DBZ version not have it at all? Do we nees to specity which one of each they are in the match?

Like, the Z Ki should have the same things as the Super Ki, no?
I Really want to know about this

Question, how will the DBS exclussive abilities listed work? Like, do the DBZ version not have it at all? Do we nees to specity which one of each they are in the match?

Like, the Z Ki should have the same things as the Super Ki, no?
I separated them because I don't think Ki is composite here, right? If Z gets the abilities from the Super anime, that means the Super manga would get it too. I'm open for all possibilities so if Ki is composite, I'll just merge everything

This is a part I don't really agree with. I think it is beneficial to list the abilities that a character displays on their profile when it comes to something as simple as their Ki Manipulation abilities. For example, on Gas' page:

vuLKcbs.png

I don't think it'd be useful to remove Flight or Forcefield Manipulation from the list just because he's linked to the Ki Manipulation page.

I think it's fine to link to the new page and make a note of "Master" or "Beginner" when it comes to Ki Manipulation - but I think it should still be fine to list Ki abilities that the character in question has performed.
Right, it's not every profile that has Ki Manipulation abilities listed the way Gas, Granolah and some other profiles have, so if the characters get the abilities from the same links, texts and so on like the entries of Sound Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation and Portal Creation, that's when I think they should be removed

Right, it's not every profile that has Ki Manipulation abilities listed the way Gas, Granolah and some other profiles have, so if the characters get the abilities from the same links, texts and so on like the entries of Sound Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation and Portal Creation, that's when I think they should be removed
For the abilities that the characters haven't directly performed, sure, I think that's a fine solution.

I like this overall, but there are some things I take issue with. They are as follows:

Pseudo-Electricity Manipulation: Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou is a ki blast that fires electricity-like ki[94][6]

Why is a general ability being given here when this is a very specific technique that only Master Roshi knows? This should be removed

My other issue is actually the exact same thing, but with the Sealing section. The only thing in that section is the Mafuba, and the Mafuba is a specific technique. It has no business being on a general Ki Manipulation page, and since that's the only part of the Sealing section, that section should be removed entirely.

The other forms of ki doesn't have too many applications in canon like non-canon does, so I don't see a reason to add it
Maybe a small tab could be added for God Ki? Since it does have a few small things (like resistance to Ki sensing) that all god Ki users share. But if not then nevermind.

I like this overall, but there are some things I take issue with. They are as follows:

Why is a general ability being given here when this is a very specific technique that only Master Roshi knows? This should be removed

My other issue is actually the exact same thing, but with the Sealing section. The only thing in that section is the Mafuba, and the Mafuba is a specific technique. It has no business being on a general Ki Manipulation page, and since that's the only part of the Sealing section, that section should be removed entirely.
The entire Manipulation section is just there to explain how Ki works and how it's applied on the series, hence why I didn't add Mafuba or Bankoku Bikkuri Shou on the mastery section. I suppose I should make a note explaining that

Energy/Explosion Manipulation should just go with Gogeta. Also it's Durability Negation
It's just Ki infusion so I added it as a general ability, Beerus also did something similar against Goku

If it's durability negation or not, DB characters have internal resistance through Ki, so I don't know if it should be classified as durability negation even though there is not any durability being negated

It's just Ki infusion so I added it as a general ability, Beerus also did something similar against Goku

If it's durability negation or not, DB characters have internal resistance through Ki, so I don't know if it should be classified as durability negation even though there is not any durability being negated
If they have internal resistance through Ki that should probably be added for them. Attacks that harm you internally from my understanding is durability negation

Wouldn't it be a resistance to the denial of durability? At least the internal damage part that is talked about on the page.

Wouldn't it be a resistance to the denial of durability? At least the internal damage part that is talked about on the page.
I don't think resistance to durability negation is a thing anymore, Saitama used to have it from resisting internal damage, but he doesn't now

If they have internal resistance through Ki that should probably be added for them. Attacks that harm you internally from my understanding is durability negation
Only limited dura neg tho, your insides are less rigid than your outsides, but they also have to take the recoil of when you move or attack, so having a strong body already gives you a "resistance" to attacking internal organs

Only limited dura neg tho, your insides are less rigid than your outsides, but they also have to take the recoil of when you move or attack, so having a strong body already gives you a "resistance" to attacking internal organs
I mean no, especially when Gogeta is stronger and what he is doing to Broly

The detonation starts inside their bodies, not outside, recooome, broly and Goku have all shown that their insides are just as protected as their outsides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back