• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the "GTA verse"

Before I handle the Red Dead Revisions, I just wanna get this out of the way. Currently all the profiles made by Rockstar link to a verse paged labeled as the GTA verse. However this isn't accurate due to many reasons, the obvious being first and foremost is that GTA isn't the setting for the whole universe. Bully, Red Dead and GTA exclusively take place in different universes, with even the GTA verse itself being spilt into two seperate universes.

The second reason is that this makes it seem as if the verses are canon to one another by bundling all of them together under the name GTA verse. Therefore the verse page should be updated, with the most accurate name being The Rockstar verse.

Also I'd suggest removing the part of Bully supposedly being canon to GTA. The literal settings and landmarks are completely different, with the page even contradicting this statement by stating that Rockstar never officially labeled it as canon to any of the GTA games.

I'm not really knowledgeable on this whole situation, but if this is indeed the case, then shouldn't they just have separate Verse Pages?
There's some loose connections in them, while they aren't set in the same exact timelines / universe's there's enigmatic beings such as the Strange Man who can influence and appear in most of these universes despite them taking place in different universes as a whole.

So I'd rather consider it a cosmology of the sorts. Think of one big ass multiverse with several universes and timelines. While they're all taking places in different universes and timelines, they're still apart the Rockstar cosmology.

There's some loose connections in them, while they aren't set in the same exact timelines / universe's there's enigmatic beings such as the Strange Man who can influence and appear in most of these universes despite them taking place in different universes as a whole.

So I'd rather consider it a cosmology of the sorts. Think of one big ass multiverse with several universes and timelines. While they're all taking places in different universes and timelines, they're still apart the Rockstar cosmology.
Alright then, I agree with the OP in that case.

I agree, but it’s worth saying that the same characters exist in the two GTA universes (such as C.J in GTA IV and V). So it's likely that their level, ability and so on will still be comparable, even though they are separate universes.

I agree, but it’s worth saying that the same characters exist in the two GTA universes (such as C.J in GTA IV and V). So it's likely that their level, ability and so on will still be comparable, even though they are separate universes.
Are you suggesting scaling all the MC's to one another? Not sure about that one since they all vary. Oddly enough iirc Jimmy's scaling has him on a much higher level of Wall level than the other MC's.

Are you suggesting scaling all the MC's to one another? Not sure about that one since they all vary. Oddly enough iirc Jimmy's scaling has him on a much higher level of Wall level than the other MC's.
I doubt that Rockstar made different versions of characters from different universes with the thoughts “Yes, in the new universe he is ten times stronger/weaker,” considering that narratively they are all just athletic people. They can all perform +- the same gameplay feats.

Before I handle the Red Dead Revisions, I just wanna get this out of the way. Currently all the profiles made by Rockstar link to a verse paged labeled as the GTA verse. However this isn't accurate due to many reasons, the obvious being first and foremost is that GTA isn't the setting for the whole universe. Bully, Red Dead and GTA exclusively take place in different universes, with even the GTA verse itself being spilt into two seperate universes.

The second reason is that this makes it seem as if the verses are canon to one another by bundling all of them together under the name GTA verse. Therefore the verse page should be updated, with the most accurate name being The Rockstar verse.
I think GTA could stick together but mention that the canon isn't universal, some games are in one setting or the other. Bully and Red Dead especially deserve to be in their own pages tho

I think GTA could stick together but mention that the canon isn't universal, some games are in one setting or the other. Bully and Red Dead especially deserve to be in their own pages tho
Absolutely. I appreciate the input!

Agreed

Yeah I agree, the connections between GTA and Bully/Red Dead are way too vague and rely heavily on this Bully-related Easter egg from GTA IV and a "Red Dead" book being in Franklin's house in GTA V (which again, is way too vague). The references are just that: Easter eggs that you can easily go an entire playthrough without seeing

Bully also constantly mentions locations like New York and Hollywood, which don't exist in GTA because Liberty City is NY and Vinewood is Hollywood

Yeah, the verse page even basically admits that there's no confirmation of Bully being canon to GTA, and that the characters can't interact. Unless there's evidence that Red Dead and GTA are canon to each other, such as is the case with Nier and Drakengard, then I strongly agree with this thread. This seems not only obvious, it even seems to me the burden of proof should be on the current version to prove three entirely separate game series are all canon to each other and take place in the same world.

Update: what's more, Drakengard and Nier are listed as separate verse pages due to having different names and settings. This is despite the fact that they're canon to each other (Nier is a direct sequel to Drakengard 1's fifth ending, with Drakengard weapons appearing in Nier and events in Drakengard being referenced in Nier as past events), have similar themes of tragedy and degradation and extremely similar gameplay, and are both tiered at 7-A. That's more similarity and connection between them than between GTA, Bully and Red Dead.

Last edited:
while they aren't set in the same exact timelines / universe's there's enigmatic beings such as the Strange Man who can influence and appear in most of these universes despite them taking place in different universes as a whole.
So Lazlow is also a multidimensional being because he appears in two GTA universes

Agree with Red Dead having its own verse page but iirc Bully is part of the HD GTA timeline

Back