• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Thor Shaking the Realms of the World Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there seems to be a misunderstanding then. That wasn't the actual Dark Dimension, but a realm of dreams, or rather nightmares, as far as I recall from when Nightmare drove the Hulk insane around issue 300 of his comic book. We would need to look at the entire story via an exact issue reference for greatly improved context.

I disagree with the Hulk feat.
Even if it is somehow legit. unlike Thor he lacks 2-A feats.

Also, could someone please give an explanation of why Rune King Thor is 2-A/Low 1-C? His justification right now is weird.

He was affecting a local part of a realm of dreams, sure, but that is a rather unquanfiable feat, and we still need an exact issue reference in order to investigate further.

I disagree with the Hulk feat.
Even if it is somehow legit. unlike Thor he lacks 2-A feats.

Also, could someone please give an explanation of why Rune King Thor is 2-A/Low 1-C? His justification right now is weird.
Well, he should scale to Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, who may or may not be a degree of infinity above Odin, but they may have been retconned into being Beyonders, so who knows. I am very uneasy with retroactive extreme upscaling far beyond what was established at the time though.

Well, he should scale to Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, who may or may not be a degree of infinity above Odin, but they may have been retconned into being Beyonders, so who knows. I am very uneasy with retroactive extreme upscaling far beyond what was established at the time though.
Is there anything actually showing that they're Low 1-C? That's all I'm asking.

If not, remove the key entirely IMO.

I’ve seen so many people online arguing that RKT shouldn’t scale to TWSAIS because he didn’t directly fight them or some bs like that

I think it comes from odin being viewed as indistinguishable to regular humans to them, them existing inside the outside and odin stating they exist outside all realms which supposedly includes the overspace

What's everyone's thoughts on spltting Thor's base key into "holding back"|"not holding back" as to try and tidy up the justification and tiers a little bit? I'm not at all a fan of "x, y at peak" ratings, I think they look messy and make writing justifications unnecessarily long. This is probably not a big point of discussion but I am curious as to everyone's thoughts

The Saint Seiya profiles make me want to gag, they all have the kind of rating and its really ugly

What's everyone's thoughts on spltting Thor's base key into "holding back"|"not holding back" as to try and tidy up the justification and tiers a little bit? I'm not at all a fan of "x, y at peak" ratings, I think they look messy and make writing justifications unnecessarily long. This is probably not a big point of discussion but I am curious as to everyone's thoughts

The Saint Seiya profiles make me want to gag, they all have the kind of rating and its really ugly
Sorry to double post, but to adds on to this, it kight make scaling easier as we could scale characters to his holding back key as opposed to the holding back part of his justification, it perhaps could help with scaling tidiness.

He didn't directly do this however, he only managed to destroy the Looms of Fate which in turn defeated Those Who Sit Above in Shadow
Well, I've also seen an explanation that Those Who Sit Above In Shadow attempted to bargain with Rune King Thor to join them and were completely and utterly helpless in stopping him otherwise

Unless they actually wanted RKT on their team? As they said, RKT earned their respect and they wanted him on their team, which is what they were trying to do.
Fair, but once he denied their offer, they had an entire long ass speech to stop RKT from destroying the Looms of Fate but were completely powerless and could only watch

Fair, but once he denied their offer, they had an entire long ass speech to stop RKT from destroying the Looms of Fate but were completely powerless and could only watch
Most villains and heroes in fiction have a tendency to let their opponents finish a speech, plus they could have still been in shock. I could also use your argument against you, even if TWSAIS were weaker than RKT, why would they still not do anything when they know RKT was going to destroy them? If they don't do something they will surely be destroyed, while if they did something they would still have a chance.

TWSAIS not attacking RKT wouldn't make sense even if RKT was superior.

Most villains and heroes in fiction have a tendency to let their opponents finish a speech, plus they could have still been in shock. I could also use your argument against you, even if TWSAIS were weaker than RKT, why would they still not do anything when they know RKT was going to destroy them? If they don't do something they will surely be destroyed, while if they did something they would still have a chance.

TWSAIS not attacking RKT wouldn't make sense even if RKT was superior.
Because they underestimated him until the very end, at which point they fully realised RKT's true strength and wisdom, thus immediately tried to stop him by offering him to join them, and once that failed, they couldn't do anything but watch

Because they underestimated him until the very end, at which point they fully realised RKT's true strength and wisdom, thus immediately tried to stop him by offering him to join them, and once that failed, they couldn't do anything but watch
Why were they not being able to do anything but watch? They could have still harmed or tried to do something rather than just watching. If watching was all they could do I can use the same thing to support my argument.

Why were they not being able to do anything but watch? They could have still harmed or tried to do something rather than just watching.
Because they aren't powerful enough to. If they were such massively powerful beings that were superior to even RKT, they wouldn't do absolutely nothing to stop him but watch in fear and horror that he was about to end the Ragnarok Cycle once their initial offer that he can join them failed

Because they aren't powerful enough to. If they were such massively powerful beings that were superior to even RKT, they wouldn't do absolutely nothing to stop him but watch in fear and horror that he was about to end the Ragnarok Cycle once their initial offer that he can join them failed
They weren't powerful enough to even punch RKT? As I said, they would still have been able to do something, maybe not affect RKT to a large degree, but they would still be able to do something rather than just watching.

They weren't powerful enough to even punch RKT? As I said, they would still have been able to do something, maybe not affect RKT to a large degree, but they would still be able to do something rather than just watching.
Because they are so much weaker than RKT that their attacks can't do dilly shit against him

Because they are so much weaker than RKT that their attacks can't do dilly shit against him
As I said, even if they couldn't do dilly shit against him, attacking is still the best choice, watching wasn't gonna do anything.
Most villains and heroes in fiction have a tendency to let their opponents finish a speech, plus they could have still been in shock.
Also this point still stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back