• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Thor Shaking the Realms of the World Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, even if they couldn't do dilly shit against him, attacking is still the best choice, watching wasn't gonna do anything.
Attacking won't make a ******* difference if there is insanely massive power gap
Also this point still stands
And many heroes/villains also don't. They weren't shocked. They were scared by what RKT was about to do

RKT doesn't scale to TWSAIS
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Attacking won't make a ******* difference if there is insanely massive power gap
Which is still better than not doing anything. You could also argue that they were watching because he could've destroyed Loom of Fates anytime, so it'd be risky to attack. For example, if someone planted a bomb in your house, you'd likely tell them to stop instead of trying to attack. Same if they have a gun. Plus, going off his logic, Thanos talks with people weaker than him before attacking all the time, so Surfer and Captain > Thanos now?

And many heroes/villains also don't. They weren't shocked. They were scared by what RKT was about to do
Obviously they would be scared as they would be destroyed if RKT destroys the Looms of Fate. But all of this suddenly happening would also shock them. Fear and shock would prevent them from thinking properly.

I honestly don't give a **** about what happens to RKT's key right now. if it's to be removed, then sure. I'm surprised it hasn't been all this time, considering that it's a brief powerup

Is there anything actually showing that they're Low 1-C? That's all I'm asking.

If not, remove the key entirely IMO.
Well, they were rather strongly implied to be as strong compared to Odin as Odin is compared to regular humans.

I would personally not mind if we remove the RKT key though, given that it was a very brief power-up that was quite hard to define the exact scale of.

What's everyone's thoughts on spltting Thor's base key into "holding back"|"not holding back" as to try and tidy up the justification and tiers a little bit? I'm not at all a fan of "x, y at peak" ratings, I think they look messy and make writing justifications unnecessarily long. This is probably not a big point of discussion but I am curious as to everyone's thoughts
I thought that we already use "Holding back, Not holding back, Absolute peak/Overexertion" as his tiers.

RKT is one of thors most popular power ups,
I strongly advise not to remove it
It's also one that only has two appearances. RKT would need to have 15
For keys in existing profiles, and equipment files, one only requires at least 15 appearances across comic books, (approximately 1 year's worth of appearances), as opposed to 20.

Also, should Loki's hypothesis that they might be Beyonders be taken into consideration at all? That would theoretically make Those Who Sit Above in Shadows Low 1-A. I think there's also a statement of them existing beyond all realities, but I don't know if that has any affect on scaling.

Ok, I finished reading it (banger story by the way). Personally, I think scaling Thor to Those Who Sit Above in Shadows is reasonable. The story implies this in two ways:

1. Thor scares them. They are the Gods of Gods, and in Thor's own words view them as children. But they don't view Thor that way anymore. I

2. They are impressed enough with Thor's strength that they offer to let him join them.

I was hoping there would be a clear-cut "you have surpassed us", but oh well. While I don't think he is above them, I think it is definitely implied that he has at least reached their level. They don't have power over him anymore.

I get the point that characters tend to not interrupt each other's monologing, but I don't think that's the case here. Its not that TWSAIS were just listening, they looked scared and were reduced to bargaining. It diesn't make any sense for me to assume that Thor is still infinitely weaker than them, but they felt the need to bargain to get him to not kill them.

Last edited:
Ok, I finished reading it (banger story by the way). Personally, I think scaling Thor to Those Who Sit Above in Shadows is reasonable. The story implies this in two ways:

1. Thor scares them. They are the Gods of Gods, and in Thor's own words view them as children. But they don't view Thor that way anymore. I
They were only scared after they found out that Thor knows their weakness.
2. They are impressed enough with Thor's strength that they offer to let him join them.
No, they offered him to join so that he'll not destroy Loom of Fates. They weren't scared of him before, and Thor literally admitted he can't change Fate.
I was hoping there would be a clear-cut "you have surpassed us", but oh well. While I don't think he is above them, I think it is definitely implied that he has at least reached their level. They don't have power over him anymore.
It's very unreasonable to say Thor is on their level just because of this.
I get the point that characters tend to not interrupt each other's monologing, but I don't think that's the case here. Its not that TWSAIS were just listening, they looked scared and were reduced to bargaining. It diesn't make any sense for me to assume that Thor is still infinitely weaker than them, but they felt the need to bargain to get him to not kill them.
They looked scared because Thor knew their weakness, they weren't scared before. Thor shouldn't be infinitely weaker, but he's not fully on their level either.

They explictly acknowledge his strength as one of the reasons they are inviting him. If Thor wasn't on their level, they wouldn't have reason to fear him or bargain with him.

They had plenty of time to stop him, and saying that they dodn't intervene because they were busy listening to his monologue seems like just a headcanon excuse to me. If they could have stopped him, they would have. We have no reason to assume they have the power to stop him but for some reason chose not to.

Also, Thor admitted he doesn't have to power to change fate that has already been written. I don't think him not being able to change the past has any affect on his scaling.

If Thor wasn't on their level, they wouldn't have reason to fear him or bargain with him.

They had plenty of time to stop him, and saying that they dodn't intervene because they were busy listening to his monologue seems like just a headcanon excuse to me. If they could have stopped him, they would have. We have no reason to assume they have the power to stop him but for some reason chose not to.
You yourself stated before that Thor is not above them
While I don't think he is above them
If they were comparable, their attacks would have still hurt Thor enough to prevent him from destroying the Looms of Fate. So why did they listen to Thor without doing anything?

Can this feat and statements can be use for Hulk

Hulk destroys the universe
Hulk: Grand Design - Madnes

Grey Hulk moved in a universe of infinite density

Incredible hulk vol 1 #37

Hulk rage is enough to ravage worlds

Incredible Hulk vol 1 #30

Hulk absorb energy to hurt one of The One Below All forms with a thunderclap

Immortal Hulk #1

Al Ewing On hulk defeating the One Below All

Apocalypse stated that the energy which the Hulk produce may help him rise above the celestials

Incredible hulk vol 1 #45

damage Iron Man's Celestial Armor
https://imgur.com/a/yU87AEi
Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022

Destroyed Iron Man's Celestial Armor and damage Thor
https://imgur.com/a/uisLbRm
Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back