• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Rune King Thor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Junction is a Inner structure of the Negative Zone.

Actually there are many junctions inside the Negative Zone for any n-dimensional, however the Junction to Everywhere is just the Junction for all the junctions there.

It still seems far too inconsistent and to turn our scaling completely unreliable by not having any tier 2 Marvel characters anymore, just a jump from 3-C to High 1-B. My apologies, but I hope that you can be reasonable in this regard.
… I’m not talking about Herald Thor, I’m talking about Rune King Thor, the one that this thread is actually about.
Well, there have been several different discussions here, so it isn't so easy for me to know.

Anyway, the Rune King Thor story happened long before Lifebringer Galactus was invented.

Last edited:
It still seems far too inconsistent and to turn our scaling completely unreliable by not having any tier 2 Marvel characters anymore, just a jump from 3-C to High 1-B. My apologies, but I hope that you can be reasonable in this regard.
But the Zone is already High 1-B here in the wiki anyway. The tiering for the characters are other questions.
Well, there has been several different discussions here, so it isn't so easy for me to know.

Anyway, the Rune King Thor story happened long before Lifebringer Galactus.
yeah i agree, we should just conclude this thread.

Okay? I don’t see what that has to do with anything. TWSAIS being able to freely exist in the Outside while Lifebringer Galactus can’t was the most solid evidence for them being Low 1-A.
and even so, TSWAIS quote Thor feats in the same comic.

I don't really agree that RKT scales to the TWSAIS. From what I remember reading the story, he just takes his axe to a loom that they really don't want him to destroy, but they never actually intervene or try physically to prevent him from doing it.

I don't think it stands to reason that we should just assume that Thor was just so strong that they never even tried to stop him. To be clearer about my reasoning, I just don't see it as realistic to assume they just let themselves die rather to even try to stop Thor. It seems more likely that they weren't in a position, literally, to attempt a physical intervention. I see in the post the scan about them referencing his strength in their pleads for him to stop, but it just seemed like they were trying to appease him.

I'm also not sold on scaling TWSAIS to Lifebringer Galactus. Yes they exist in the Outside which he says is risky for him, but it seems like we are working on very limited information to draw the conclusion that existing in the Outside is inherently a Low 1-A feat.

Last edited:
The reason RKT scales to TWAIS is:
1. They don't even attempt to stop him and resort to bargaining. It wouldn't make sense for them to be scared of him if they completely transcended him.
2. They directly reference his strength when inviting him to join their club.

The story definitely portrays him as at least being on their level.

1. They don't even attempt to stop him and resort to bargaining. It wouldn't make sense for them to be scared of him if they completely transcended him.
I sort of see that, but from the story it seems like they're not even in a position to fight him, so they can't prevent him from destroying the loom. I think assuming he just transcends them is far-fetched based on the available evidence.

Personally, I dont think the available information is enough to equate their power at all. It seems more likely to me that they just couldn't physically intervene in his actions, which is why they resorted to begging him not to destroy the loom rather than at least trying to stop him.

Okay? I don’t see what that has to do with anything. TWSAIS being able to freely exist in the Outside while Lifebringer Galactus can’t was the most solid evidence for them being Low 1-A.
Oh, so that is what you meant. I agree with that then. I think that we included it as a part of the RKT tier justifications.

But the Zone is already High 1-B here in the wiki anyway. The tiering for the characters are other questions.
Okay, but it still doesn't make any sense for the Negative Zone and the regular Marvel Universe to be High 1-B each. It seems more likely that the Fantastic Four entered some kind of higher-dimensional nexus area that could be accessed via the Negative Zone, similar to the Swamp Thing's nexus of all realities and the M'kraan Crystal.
yeah i agree, we should just conclude this thread.
Yes.

The reason RKT scales to TWAIS is:
2. They directly reference his strength when inviting him to join their club.

The story definitely portrays him as at least being on their level.
I don't think he necessarily transcends them, but I think he is definitely on their level
I personally agree with this.

Did this TWSAIS sandbox
Tell me yall thoughts about it (the clusterfuck of random hax is because of them being beyonders)
The hax from them being Beyonders should preferably have a Possibly or Likely attached to them.
Also someone please tell me how to do references😭
For references you only need to use once, do <ref></ref> with the name of the comic in the middle.

For references that you need to use multiple times, let’s say you’re indexing a comic called Thor #1, you’d do <ref name=“Thor1”>Thor #1</ref>

Hopefully, that’s a good explanation.

Alright then, references scans and pretty much everything is alright

Do i have to make another thread about this?

I think it should have one more clean-up, but I can fix it.

Or it's fine to fix his sandbox @Antvasima ?
Yes, feel free to do so.

Also, if The Beyonders and The complete White Hot Room Phoenix Force are now established as being comparable to, or more powerful than, multiversal Eternity, should we upgrade than to straight 1-A rankings, together with TWSAIS and Rune King Thor?

Also, should we upgrade the 7th Cosmos Eternity, Mikaboshi, and "god of gods" Hercules accordingly?

And given that the regular multiversal abstracts, such as Chaos and Order and Lifebringer Galactus, are some degrees of existence below multiversal Eternity, should they be scaled to Low 1-A instead?

And how should we handle the Celestials exactly? They are extremely self-contradictory.

Last edited:
And how should we handle the Celestials exactly? They are extremely self-contradictory.
Are you referring to the Celestials from The Celestial war in the first cosmos?

They have supposedly created every race of The Beyonders and were capable of shattering The First Firmament

They are definitely 1-A from what i understand (so as everyone apparently what is happening to the ratings💀)

They have supposedly created every race of The Beyonders and were capable of shattering The First Firmament

They are definitely 1-A from what i understand (so as everyone apparently what is happening to the ratings💀)
That was also my understanding. The Celestials that Lifebringer Galactus fought were intended to be vastly more powerful than normal Celestials

Well, they created The Beyonders, but their creations have been proven to be more powerful than themselves, and shattering The First Firmament was likely done via weapons.

Also, in other stories, regular 3-C to 2-C superheroes have been able to beat them up, and the Odin-animated Destroyer armor was able to stand up to them individually, but not together, and Doctor Doom's force fields were able to withstand prolonged exposure to their energy-blastd, among other issues, so if we change their statistics, we would have to give them variable tiers between 3-C and Low 1-A, or somesuch.

but their creations have been proven to be more powerful than themselves
When the aspirants (who are equal to the celestials) invaded the 7th multiverse, The Beyonders had to create Earth to defeat them, this possibly implies that they couldn't defeat The Aspirants

and shattering The First Firmament was likely done via weapons.

Also, in other stories, regular 3-C to 2-C superheroes have been able to beat them up, and the Odin-animated Destroyer armor was able to stand up to them individually, but not together, and Doctor Doom's force fields were able to withstand prolonged exposure to their energy-blastd, among other issues, so if we change their statistics, we would have to give them variable tiers between 3-C and Low 1-A, or somesuch.
3-C seems weird, it doesn't make sense for any of the middle heralds to keep up with Celestials, who are consistently shown to be above the 2-A skyfathers

Maybe “Varies, 2-C/2-A, up to Low 1-A, 1-A with weapons” works?

No, that would not be honest to our visitors. Recently anybody from The Sentry, to Ghost Rider, to a giant She-Hulk, to a large Iron Man armor have been able to hold their own against or beat up the Celestials, and we have already given Odin a variable tier for much the same reason.

I also don't remember The Beyonders being involved in The First Firmament story.

That seems reasonable to me, but we need to write some good justifications for those statistics as well, and likely add a footnote regarding that the Marvel writers have treated these characters in an extremely inconsistent manner.

If it's from King in Black Vol 1 1, wasn't it a dead Celestial?
Knull defeated them previously and then controlled them, but that should not affect their power levels as far as I am aware. (Odinforce Thor was shown as comparable to Knull though, but was stabbed in the back while he was distracted.)
Thank you.
They were in practice just larger than normal, and even the entire power of Ymir himself shouldn't reach anywhere near that level.
That Iron Man armour was The Godkiller Mark 2, which was created for circumstances like Celestials, no?
It doesn't particularly matter though, as it is just a giant robot version of his regular armor, and didn't the Hulk also recently destroy such an armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back