• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Rune King Thor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a bit off topic, but do we not have a God of Stories Loki profile? He seems like an important character to this discussion but I couldn’t find a profile for him?
Loki doesn’t have a profile for any of his modern depictions. Both efforts to make it were abandoned.

So, we going with a Low 1-C, possibly Low 1-A?
If the black winter gets accepted it could be supporting evidence
"At least Low 1-C, likely Low 1-A" for Thor's further ascended Rune King state, but it seems like a massive outlier for regular Odinforce Thor to kill the destroyer of the 6th multiverse.

"At least Low 1-C, likely Low 1-A" for Thor's further ascended Rune King state, but it seems like a massive outlier for regular Odinforce Thor to kill the destroyer of the 6th multiverse.
This is possibly because Thor wasnt bound by the strand of fate anymore, when Odin banished Thor to earth, TWSAIS couldn't predict what Thor could do when influenced by humanity, thus they couldn't write his fate

Unlike Odin who's strength and potential is completely bound by TWSAIS

Didn't he kill the Black Winter only by unleashing the full extent of Galactus' power?
I think Thor only killed the Black Winter after absorbing all of Galactus' power, so it wouldn't scale to the normal power of either him or Galactus. Maybe something like "Up to Low 1-A via power absorption"
Well, the problem is that Thor also repeatedly beat up Galactus prior to absorbing his power in this story.

He killed The Black Winter by turning Galactus into a bomb btw.

Well, the problem is that Thor also repeatedly beat up Galactus prior to absorbing his power in this story.

He killed The Black Winter by turning Galactus into a bomb btw.
It seems that he was able to harm Galactus because he was continually draining more and more of his Power Cosmic until he eventually took all of it. That's the Thor that fully scales to the Black Winter: Skyfather Thor + all of the power of a Galactus who had been explicitly amped to power levels higher than ever before.

It seems that he was able to harm Galactus because he was continually draining more and more of his Power Cosmic until he eventually took all of it. That's the Thor that fully scales to the Black Winter: Skyfather Thor + all of the power of a Galactus who had been explicitly amped to power levels higher than ever before.
How many issues did this amp last?

How many issues did this amp last?
dr-strange-one.gif

Last edited:
Galactus hadn't consumed all of the 5 special planets yet, up until issue 5. And the Black Winter was only killed when Thor expended the absolute entirety of Galactus' power that there was nothing left of it
This is why there wouldn't be any sort of scaling chain issues if we included the Low 1-A via Absorption for Thor. It would scale to no one except for him, because he no longer had any of Galactus' power after he used it to destroy the Black Winter.

Seems like a Superman-World Forger situation. Not an outlier, but not worth putting on the profile.

What do people think about the specific tiering? Are people still leaning towards "At least Low 1-C, likely Low 1-A", or is the Black Winter stuff enough to bump it up to solid Low 1-A?

I was under the impression that we were going with solid Low 1-A to begin with.

It should be a solid 1-A, since every cosmo has a far shore, and Eternity is scaled to 1-A in her last key because of this.

Both TSWAIS and Black Winter should scale above, first that in She-Hulk, Ewing states that the Black Winter destroyed the sixth iteration, and Cates confirms that it would destroy the current multiverse (current iteration).

Antvasima was saying that the stories weren't connected because we had no evidence of multiverse being quoted within Cates' writing, but i brought a solid evidence. Therefore argues like "it's a minor version of the Multiverse" doesn't makes sense, even in the given context of how the Black Winter is about "The end of everything", "all of creation would fall", "the black winter is the end of the previous reality (multiverse)", "
The pair now stand before the end of the multiverse."

Last edited:
Well, the main issue is that it just doesn't make any logical sense for a skyfather slightly powered up with the power of a herald of Galactus to reach Low 1-A degrees of power, so I think that Cates has a much lower ranked perception of the multiversal cosmology than what we tank it as, especially as Jonathan Hickman previously established that the only thing that is necessary to destroy or create the entire multiverse in the modern iteration of Marvel's cosmology is to destroy or create a finite number of universes.

However, I am fine with scaling Rune King Thor to The Beyonders, in lack of better options, if we are absolutely certain that TWSAIS are members of this species.

Do you just disagree with scaling Herald of Galactus Thor to Low 1-A from the Black Winter, or do you disagree with the Black Winter being Low 1-A in the first place?

I think that it seems like too much of an outlier for herald Thor to reach Low 1-A, but if The Black Winter geniunely destroyed the ENTIRE 6th multiverse, he would qualify as Low 1-A for the same reasons as Mikaboshi, yes.

Should we just go with “Low 1-A, possibly 1-A”?
Currently we do not seem to have sufficient certainty for anything beyond "At least Low 1-C, likely Low 1-A"
Well, we do know only Galactus remained from the 6th multiverse
Well, it isn't like the entire 6th multiverse completely disappeared. It metamorphosed into the 7th multiverse/Eternity and Infinity.

Well, the main issue is that it just doesn't make any logical sense for a skyfather slightly powered up with the power of a herald of Galactus to reach Low 1-A degrees of power, so I think that Cates has a much lower ranked perception of the multiversal cosmology than what we tank it as, especially as Jonathan Hickman previously established that the only thing that is necessary to destroy or create the entire multiverse in the modern iteration of Marvel's cosmology is to destroy or create a finite number of universes.

However, I am fine with scaling Rune King Thor to The Beyonders, in lack of better options, if we are absolutely certain that TWSAIS are members of this species.
The problem here is that CKT didn't scale to the Black Winter while he only had a Herald's proportion of the Power Cosmic. He injured it with an Odinforce + PC Godblast, an attack which can already consistently injure 2-A beings from a 3-C source, and then killed it when he took all of the power from the strongest version of Galactus yet. Even at the time when he used the Godblast he had already taken more PC than Galactus originally gave him, so he was definitely beyond Skyfather+ Herald level by the time the Black Winter showed up

Hmm. Maybe, maybe not, but it still doesn't make sense that Galactus would reach a Low 1-A scale of power just from eating five planets, even if they were extra nourishing, or that Thor could absorb that scale of power into himself so easily.

Hmm. Maybe, maybe not, but it still doesn't make sense that Galactus would reach a Low 1-A scale of power just from eating five planets, even if they were extra nourishing, or that Thor could absorb that scale of power into himself so easily.
To be fair, it doesn't make sense that eating normal planets elevates normal Galactus from 3-C to 2-A, but it very clearly does. Silver Surfer was also clear that Galactus amped by the special planets would have the raw power to defeat the Black Winter, and that proved to be true.

I support solid Low 1-A based on the being very strongly implied to be Beyonders, existing in a realm that hurts Lifebringer Galactus, and being way above the Black Winter, which destroy the Sixth Multiverses and threatened to destroy the current.

I am neutral on anything to do with Herald of Galactus Thor, because frankly I don't think it meets the notability requirements. It wasn't present for very many issues, and the storyline it was part of was nowhere near as important for Thor's character as Ragnarok was.

I thought the scaling to Lifebringer Galactus was the main source of the scaling, not the possibility of them being Beyonders.
Bro how the **** did you quote a message that i didn't even send😭

But no, the main source of the scaling is them possibly being beyonders, and them scaling above Lifebringer Galactus and The Black Winter (if we accept him as Low 1-A) Which would be consistent with them being beyonders

What i wanted to say was
So, will these be the ratings?
At least Low Complex Multiverse level, possibly Low Outerverse level (is likely equal if not superior to Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, As that they directly referenced his strength when bargaining with him, acknowledging his strength to the point of proposing him to join them, Those Who Sit Above In Shadows view Odin and Asgardian gods as mere toys and exist inside The Land of Couldn't-Be Shouldn't-Be, where Lifebringer Galactus can not, Loki theorised that Those Who Sit Above In Shadows are likely Beyonders, which is consistent with them mimicking The Beyonders speech)

Last edited:

But no, the main source of the scaling is them possibly being beyonders, and them scaling above Lifebringer Galactus and The Black Winter (if we accept him as Low 1-A) Which would be consistent with them being beyonders

What i wanted to say was
So, will these be the ratings?
Looks good to me

insane amps are a thing in fiction.

At least Low Complex Multiverse level, possibly Low Outerverse level (is likely equal if not superior to Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, As that they directly referenced his strength when bargaining with him, acknowledging his strength to the point of proposing him to join them, Those Who Sit Above In Shadows view Odin and Asgardian gods as mere toys and exist inside The Land of Couldn't-Be Shouldn't-Be, where Lifebringer Galactus can not, Loki theorised that Those Who Sit Above In Shadows are likely Beyonders, which is consistent with them mimicking The Beyonders speech)

Agree with this

By quoting it before you deleted it.
The Black Winter has nothing to do with LB Galactus though?

TWSAIS scaling above LB Galactus is the primary reason I agreed with this, and the reason why they should be solid Low 1-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back