• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

@gyro ok that makes sense but should we have a tabber for the crystal stat cause we have been discussing on how op they are to some degree

Mario doesn't become undead, but he becomes a Boo which are confirmed as souls. Assuming Boo's actually do die (ignoring Mario 64), they go poof, meaning their soul is gone. Then it should scale to Mario as you can still die as Boo Mario when having on health point. Basically allowing 1-Ups to ressurect you from soul destruction. Neat.

Only very few bosses can bypass Superguard, but that should be a game mechanic. For example, you can't superguard the Shadow Queen's hands, but you can still gaurd. The bite attacks can't be supergaurded from the dragons. The bombs can't. Vivian's fire can't. Nor Marylin's thunder, despite you can superguard. other fire and electric attacks.

Shouldn't Mario have the zeekeeper's powers as Mario can summon the zeekeeper.

And if we get the player accepted what would they be capable of? And yeah Larry and Morton don't have profiles!

Koopa as Dry Bones, He should have:

Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular), Statistics Amplification, Can become a spring to enhance jump, Vampire Physiology, Electricity Manipulation, Can turn into a rolling ball like Sonic, Air Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Gold Coin Creation, Duplication, Stone Mimicry, Invulnerability and Fire Aura w/ Candy's. (Dry Bones is the only one in possession of the Candy's)

ABoogieYesSir said:
Koopa as Dry Bones, He should have:
Matter Manipulation (Subatomic; Particular), Statistics Amplification, Can become a spring to enhance jump, Vampire Physiology, Electricity Manipulation, Can turn into a rolling ball like Sonic, Air Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Gold Coin Creation, Duplication, Stone Mimicry, Invulnerability and Fire Aura w/ Candy's. (Dry Bones is the only one in possession of the Candy's)
Where are all these from? I'm presuming mostly from MP8's Candies, but what are the non-candy abilities' sources?

So, if Bowser was gonna extend his paintings worlds to encompass all of reality with the Power of the Stars, wouldn't that be at least 2-C since via the DS Remake, he can have Paintings in a mirror and a mirror world is implied to exist? The name for the Star you get in the white void beyond the door in the mirror is even a reference to Alice in Wonderland's Through the Looking Glass which depicts her traveling to a parallel universe through a mirror. There's also the fact that parallel worlds where things are slightly different exist.

Screenshot 2020-04-14-15-55-43-1

I may be overthinking this too quickly but... I wanna talk about this. So The Void is stated to be a hole in the very dimensional fabric. And it's also shown that no matter which world you are in, you can see The Void existing in the sky. So... can this maybe be an immeasurable speed feat? The Void is capable existing between several universes at the same time, since each world in Super Paper Mario is a separate universe, plus Flipside and Flopside are also separate universes and The Void exists there as well.

Thoughts? I feel like this is very important.

Possible, but since it's capable of existing between several different space times and move at the same time, this could be a potential immeasurable speed upgrade.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Mario: Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Soul Manipulation (Crystal Stars), getting Power and life Absorption (Crystal Star scaling, although Mario didn't use this in battle), also another form of Attack Negation (To apply to his Base key via Superguard), Mario getting High to Low-Godly Regen (he was capable of being ripped apart and easily reformed, he could come back from his consciousness in Cappy), Life Manipulation (Bowser use the Music Keys to turned the landscape into this. Bowser blocked out the Sun with thick clouds, turned water into lava, killed all plant life, turned hills into volcanoes, etc. Mario changed it all back), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.), Information Transferral (Once the ruby star was given to Mario, he got back his identity), Possibly even an Earthbound style Player entity, and Multiple Lives

Bowser Jr.: Life Manipulation and Creation ( His Magic Paintbrush which can create the worlds), Technology Manipulation (Can manipulate various technology, like the Koopa Car)

Everyone: Another high speed feat in the prankster comets, and an AP boost up to 200x Starry Sky, all power star users get a true resistance to Mindhax

Rosalina: Telekinesis (Could move starship Mario with her magic), Size Manipulation and Large Size (Grew around as big as Bowser)

Bowser: Death Manipulation (Bowser's use of the Keys turned the landscape into this), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Waluigi: Mind Manipulation (Waluigi was going to use it to hypnotize anyone who didn't have the same dancing abilities as him), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Shadow Quee: Death Manipulation (Showstopper), and passive Mind Manipulation (Could warp the hearts of men), Weather Manipulation (Her return caused the the clouds to cover the whole planet)

Doopliss: Text Manipulation (Stole the letter P from the text), Limited Information Manipulation (Stole Mario's identity: Although this is a possibility and isn't confirmed)

Finished!! Is there anything I need to fix before I put it in my sandbox
Mostly this ^

I'm honestly not even sure what the paperize ability is. I've thought about it, but I'm just not sure. It removes objects or people from reality and basically doesn't let you interact with what you just removed.

Also, Mario via Cappy should get memory manipulation type 4. Whenever Mario captures someone, before taking control, he is seen looking at all of the memories of whoever he captured. This could potentially be the reason as to how he's able to use their abilities without any practice and could do good in a fight since Mario has full on memory of who he's fighting, meaning he will know what their abilities and weaknesses are.

What would being able to rip up the places they Paperize and then discard them somewhere else be? It's kinda weird what the Paperize ability could do.

I disagrew with immersion, it could just be a higher plane of existence if we treat Paperize the same as Huey's ability. Which he stated that you can go to a higher dimension or something like that.

Paperize should be Time Stop, Paper Manipulation, and I guess Reality Warping. But being able to just rip out people and objects from reality, to the point where you can no longer interact with it is an ability I'm not so sure for. These abilities should go to Shiny Paper Mario. Because Mario is using Kersti herself as a sticker, there's no reason to say that he's gained her Paperize abilities.

He doesn't know about the time Sonic wrotte his own comic and got out of it and helped Ken Penders kids, actual real life kids

Mario also can step into our reality meaning he sees his entire verse as fiction and transcends it lmao they'll always find a way to stalemate owo

Back