• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

I mean, Crystals Stars and other Paper Mario additions, perhaps maybe the discussion of extra lives being a legit thing as well as the Player being a legit entity in the Marioverse the characters have acknowledged plenty of times, some Galaxy discussions on Comets for the one's speed feat and how all that works, how the Power Stars might scale to Comet's hax potency in sone ways, and maybe the discussions over the more minor additions and possibly transcendent Grand Stars. .i feel like these are the more important topics.

I've also been jotting down minor power and abilities that I think haven't been added as well.

But yeah, I do think Power Stars should scale to the Prankster Comets. How does everyone else feel on that?

WIP:

Mario: Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Soul Manipulation (Crystal Stars), getting Power and life Absorption (Crystal Star feats, although Mario didn't use this in battle), also another form Attack Negation (his Base key via Superguard), Mario getting High to Low-Godly Regen (he was capable of being ripped apart and easily reformed, he could come back from his consciousness in Cappy), Life Manipulation (Bowser use the Music Keys to turned the landscape into this. Bowser blocked out the Sun with thick clouds, turned water into lava, killed all plant life, turned hills into volcanoes, etc. Mario changed it all back), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.), Possibly even an Earthbound style Player entity, and Multiple Lives

Bowser Jr.: Life Manipulation and Creation ( His Magic Paintbrush which can create the worlds), Technology Manipulation (Can manipulate various technology, like the Koopa Car)

Everyone: Another high speed feat in the prankster comets, and an AP boost up to 200x Starry Sky, all power star users get a true resistance to Mindhax

Rosalina: Telekinesis (Could move starship Mario with her magic), Size Manipulation and Large Size (Grew around as big as Bowser)

Bowser: Death Manipulation (Bowser's use of the Keys turned the landscape into this), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Waluigi: Mind Manipulation (Waluigi was going to use it to hypnotize anyone who didn't have the same dancing abilities as him), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Shadow Quee: Death Manipulation (Showstopper), and passive Mind Manipulation (Could warp the hearts of men)

Doopliss: Text Manipulation (Stole the letter P from the text), Limited Information Manipulation (Stole Mario's identity: Although this is a possibility and isn't confirmed)

Life Manipulation for all Music Key users :

Bowser use the Music Keys to turned the landscape into this. Bowser blocked out the Sun with thick clouds, turned water into lava, killed all plant life, turned hills into volcanoes, etc. Mario changed it all back !

While it wasn't a "Prankster" Comet per say, Rosalina and Luma were able to hitch a ride on a comet in her backstory. Plus, the Comet Observatory came about fron a Luma transforming into a comet. Plus, the Observatory in Comet mode has been described as a Comet by Lubba when it was getting it's power drained by the Galaxy Generator and we can only assume it has a similar speed to Comets from literally being a Comet. IIRC a Luma can also shuffle the Comets around or make them appear and disappear should you ask, which shows both good range and also an ability to control Comets that can scale to Luma's reactions. Lumas can become Power Stars, so they're all linked this way as well.

Also, Mario can control his trajectory when traveling with a Grand Star in Galaxy to nab a falling Peach and Grand Stars should definitely be above Power Stars (which he should also scale to regardless) which were scattered around the universe via multiple statements, and once collected, assuming at least one of them were at the edges of the ovservable universe, and Prima guides even backing a few Galaxy's being at the edges, the speed they send Mario back toward the Observatory would likely be worth an upgrade and is in the same ballpark as the speed of the Green Comet soaring past a galaxy cluster in under a third of a second. There's also the fact Power Stars ans Comets are directly linked, with Comets seemingly producing some of them and the Power Stars being able to cancem their effects and make them disappear.

@Fox, I'm pretty sure Koopa's coming back would be game respawning (In other words, just a game mechanic)

BUT Mario getting Low-Godly wasn't rejected and just forgot, Mario should get at least a possibly Low-Godly Regenerationn after replaying a bit of odyssey

Also, does someone have any proof that Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, is Canon

Because nobody gets notifications on blogs you fool, how are we supposed to know >:/

Just went to try and check the blog to see your comment but it's not loading for me atm, in fact no blog if loading for me and I don't know why. Mind posting your comment here?

Oh nvm than.

Anyone that wielded the Dream Stones should have it.

Some reason Reality Warp wasn't added onto his category.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
@Fox, I'm pretty sure Koopa's coming back would be game respawning (In other words, just a game mechanic)

BUT Mario getting Low-Godly wasn't rejected and just forgot, Mario should get at least a possibly Low-Godly Regenerationn after replaying a bit of odyssey

How does he get low g regen?

Also, does someone have any proof that Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, is Canon

Low Godly from Odyssey is based on Cappy canonically turning Mario into a spirit/non-corporeal state in order to get him to enter Enemy's bodies, of which Mario can exit these of his own choosing and his physical form will be restored. We've used multiplayer for support in other series, and Odyssey's show Cappy can function separately while Mario is still in an enemy and he can hop out without Cappy.

However, Cappy can't capture a T-Rex for too long, which will then force Mario out if the time limit is up. And the manual states Cappy uses some kind of magic to help Mario capture things. It's not too farfetched to believe Cappy uses the same magic to help Mario out of it, although based on what's said to us in the games and stuff him exiting a Capture is mostly his choice and he can do so even when Cappy isn't near him going off multiplayer. And tbf the T-Rex could just be a game mechanic given it's the only enemy that's the exception to the rule (because the game would be too busted if it didn't have a limit)

Hmm, Low Godly Mario seems extremerly convincing now. Especially since we have a feat of Mario reforming after getting ripped apart. Him not being able to possess a T Rex can be a game mechanic or just a limit on his possesion

Will be adding on the list of things that should be added

By the way, assuming the music keys are in Mario's profile, I assume DDR is canon, which adds abilities.

The Music Notes should be part of base Mario's abilities as music exists inside ones soul and is not required to actually use the Music Keys.

Back