• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament, Round 2, Match 2 Blade vs Ultear

Tournament
Round 2, Match 2: Blade (Azure Striker Gunvolt) (@Smashtwig) vs Ultear Milkovich (Fairy Tail) (@Imouto-tan)
Rules: Equal speed, location is Cerulean Beach from Mother 3

Quick Plot: After previous fight, Ultear knocked out Midnight to the point that he almost couldn't fight, suddenly storm appears and giant monster was seen through it. Ultear understood that the monster can be left alive however she also sees another girl with killing intent going to kill this monster so she decides to go away until late, but suddenly out from nowhere Midnight was shot by strike of lighting, enough to be knocked out for long time and out of shadows Blade appears. She seems to be ready for a fight seeing her as an dangerous opponent.

Blade:

Ultear:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
thank everything Prevasion is disabled, what about Anthem?

Also, how does her Power Null work?
It seemingly works via her time manipulation by speeding up the element in question into a state of it not being a thing anymore, only works on elemental attacks (as far as we know).

i.e. If it is ice she speeds up its time until it evaporates as seen here

I see. How fast can she do it? If Copen gets in a Hailstorm Blade it’s gonna one shot with AZ

Also, his Flashfield should shield him from all Orb attacks

Well okie I’m gonna research ultear a bit I’ll be right back, from what I’ve seen so far is that it works best when she can see the projectile coming and react to it in order to do that stuff. Copen’s AZ sword thingies come out quick and Copen himself doesn’t need to lift a finger so he can go for a tag while she’s trying to defend that stuff.

I see. How fast can she do it? If Copen gets in a Hailstorm Blade it’s gonna one shot with AZ

Also, his Flashfield should shield him from all Orb attacks
A wave of the Hand and sometimes even a glance, she can do a variety of things as well such as time stopping the attack or rewinding it as well.

He uses a lot of metal equipment, is there anything about it that would stop her from time maniping the metal and rusting it, thus rendering some of it useless?

Ultear also scale to characters like Erza, Natsu, and Gray who can all dodge danmaku, and has comparable ice manip to Gray which provides and extra layer of defense as well.

I see, this might bring some trouble for Copen, but at the same time he is typically very prepared for these types of things. His armor is designed to resist Septima powers in general so it can always function as normal, such as against Milas’s specific Tech disabling water, and Teseo’s literal hacking Septima. This can apply to Asroc too who physically manipulates machinery, I seriously doubt he prepared for all of these very specific Septima separately as his motto during GV2 was not to specifically prepare for a single Adept but go for an all around approach- thus, I believe that his Armor really should be rustproof, his whole thing is machinery- this is a problem he has to address and has to have had an answer to when making this stuff, especially if he’s gonna be fighting all sorts of adepts all day- considering that there are real world metals that y’know… don’t rust, I don’t think armor as advanced as Copen’s would either. We can’t just assume it’s composed of iron.

Even if it did rust, Healing should not only restore Copen, but restore the armor as well (because if it only healed him while his armor is damaged like… he‘ll be immediately killed right away anyways.

(Anyways, from here below I’m going to assume that Ultear can rust him, even though the likelihood of that isn’t very high at all)

I know speed is equal but his Border’s attack speed should be way higher than his own- so it might be hard to dodge, and he has a ton of EX Weapons that give him a huge versatility advantage, as well as mobility and speed with his Bullit Dashing that’ll allow him to close in in no time. By the time his Bullit Dash system rusts (if it even does), Copen would have closed in already and start hitting with AZ Swords.

However, while Ultear’s orbs are basically useless in the presence of Flashfield‘s defense, it doesn’t mean she isn’t a threat since everything Copen throws at her can theoretically be bounced back- though AZ Swords is kinda weird, so they would more likely be negged with Power Null. But this means that Copen basically has agency.

If Ultear tries to Ice Make (which seems to be out of character if she thinks Arc of Time is useless), from what I saw on the fight it can be dodged and maneuvered around, which Copen most definitely has the capability of doing with the Bullit Dashing (if he hasn’t already closed in and not given the time to Ice Make anyways). In addition to utilizing Ghauri’s Prism Break, which is super effective against Ice

While most of the EX Weapons can be rewinded that won’t be the case for Stellar Spark (hitscan lightning attack), as it’s taken from an Adept‘s blood, and Ferrous Fangs, which is well…. Blood. Those can definitely throw her in for a loop, in addition to being capable of breaking Tenjian’s AZ Ice.

Speaking of Tenjian’s AZ Ice, I understand they can dodge Danmaku, but this is at close range with likely, a Tag (makes all attacks homing), if Copen gets in, I seriously doubt that she’ll have the time to not only deal with the AZ by negging it (she does that with Gray instead of rewind), while dealing with whatever Copen is doing (he doesn’t need to lift a finger while that’s active). If Copen decides to use Greed Snatcher while that is happening, Ultear’s done, no Magic, Statistics Reduce to human levels.

And supposedly if she does put Copen into a corner by say, Rusting (again, if she can). Copen would straight up Guilt Sequence and petrify Ultear. Considering she has to see the attack to, y’know, react to it, and Gorgon Gaze petrified immediately as soon as you look at its light, she gets Petrified. Right after that if she somehow dodges that, Copen hits her with portaled Greed Snatchers hitting from like, all directions which neg her sauce if she is so much as grazed.

If she kills Copen, Anthem Revive, and then the dude will spam Greed Snatcher in character, whist likely using all of his EX Weapons including Gorgon Gaze at his disposal.

Copen basically has an answer to everything, rewinding attacks don’t really help if you’re at point blank doing multiple actions at once, while your thing is reactionary, and even if you do succeed instant petrifying is an a-hole.

Last edited:
Ok I guess Copen seems now fair, now I'll go changing Genshin Impact characters. Was fun while lasted but I guess they're going to get 7-B instead of Low 7-B.

I see, this might bring some trouble for Copen, but at the same time he is typically very prepared for these types of things. His armor is designed to resist Septima powers in general so it can always function as normal, such as against Milas’s specific Tech disabling water, and Teseo’s literal hacking Septima. This can apply to Asroc too who physically manipulates machinery, I seriously doubt he prepared for all of these very specific Septima separately as his motto during GV2 was not to specifically prepare for a single Adept but go for an all around approach- thus, I believe that his Armor really should be rustproof, his whole thing is machinery- this is a problem he has to address and has to have had an answer to when making this stuff, especially if he’s gonna be fighting all sorts of adepts all day- considering that there are real world metals that y’know… don’t rust, I don’t think armor as advanced as Copen’s would either. We can’t just assume it’s composed of iron.

Even if it did rust, Healing should not only restore Copen, but restore the armor as well (because if it only healed him while his armor is damaged like… he‘ll be immediately killed right away anyways.
Here, I highlighted it, not only that but by the time that happen Copen would have already closed in enough to unleash an AZ Sword. The bits around Copen are quite hard to target, and a lot of his equipment is in separate pieces rather than just one big thing.

Anthem also helps this, should he actually fall in battle, he’d be brought back in full condition along with his armor.

Not to mention that the Septima Resistance theoretically capable of shrugging off Space Tearing Attacks (Jota) and literal Petrification (shown when fighting Elise), which is practically worse than just rusting, rusting shouldn’t be a problem.

After all rusting is basically metal being combined with oxygen to essential become another material all together- the armor got turned into stone and it was still fine- it may not be exactly Fe2O3, which by the way, Iron still isn't the confirmed composition of Copen's suit, but you can't get must worse than Petrification.

Wry there’s ur answer

Last edited:
I don't think the line of reasoning that resisting petrification implies resisting rusting works. Petrification transforms matter, whereas rusting is a chemical reaction. Those are just different things. If petrification resistance stopped chemical reactions from occurring a human with such resistance would die, due to its biochemistery not working.

While I can see the argument that the equipment doesn't rust, considering its advanced composition, other forms of wear and tear exist. For machines in particular. If you leave them lying around in a corner without use or maintenance they will eventually stop working.
That said, I'm not sure if the entire time accelerating things to destroy them technique is something Ultear even uses.

I take it with Prevasion restricted the elemental intangibility stuff is completely restricted too?

Can Flashfield be used indefinitely and can he attack while it's on?

Flashfield will basically be on all the time (aka its passive) until Copen uses an EX Weapon (Aside from Greed Snatcher likely, debatable for GV1 Weapons). It doesn‘t take much time at all after he uses an EX Weapon for the shield to go back on. In character, he would keep it on and likely only use EX Weapons when he has Tagged a foe (the mark that makes all attacks homing)- alternatively he can keep it on the entire time and use Greed Snatcher / Homing Photon Lasers, Greed Snatcher in particularly being very dangerous, capable of basically two shotting and power nulling the Strongest Adepts (GV and Asimov) in the setting, and the only immortal Adept (2nd Elise).

Yep, Prevasion is restricted

Anthem and Healing should at least restore the armor, since I don't see Copen whether at full HP or not can survive a blow from an Adept without his armor.

Also I forgot Shred Storm exists, it's basically a screen nuke that does a lot of damage.

Also, as for the machine not working thing, in LAiX, Copen has been wearing that same suit for 100+ years, so, quite a bit

Last edited:
Ultear was able to age the Magic Council Headquarters which is made of stone within a minute. Thousands of years isn’t enough to do much the pyramids and they are primarily made of limestone which is one of the easier rocks to erode so Ultear should have no trouble with the armor and gear tbh.

They’re moving at Sub-Rel speeds, a minute is a long time, not to mention Copen has like 3 ways to one shot and 3 ways to restore armor- along with likely at least something for rust-

realized I didn’t vote yet, Copen FRA

And thousands of years out in the elements does barely anything to a soft rock that is easier to erode. Harder rocks like granite or marble will be taking millions of years to be eroded yet Ultear did it in not even a minute. The gear doesn't have the feats to withstand time manip on such a scale so Ultear Time Arcs it and everything else that comes her way into oblivion.

Even if this is the case, and Copen does die- he can just revive with armor renewed (Along with the other ways of renewing) and insta Petrify the lady. While she has to get him like 3 times with the same option, he just needs to get her once, doable in 3 different ways. Distance doesn’t even matter when they move at Sub-Rel

Even if this is the case, and Copen does die- he can just revive with armor renewed (Along with the other ways of renewing) and insta Petrify the lady. While she has to get him like 3 times, he just needs to get her once.
How good is his revive? Is it actual resurrection and if so how good is it and what can he can come back from.

He can come back from a lot, the power source comes directly from the Muse, which has revived GV from being conceptually shattered in aspects of space, time, and even soul- along with the AZ Ice completely shattering him- I seriously wish I was making this up, but this isn’t a joke.

Y'know, that's a true fact- if we need to change things up, GV should be more balanced (WITHOUT ANTHEM PLEASE), since he doesn't have anywhere near as much hax

I don’t see how he can’t move with rusty armor, it’s armor he trained his body physically to wear in the first place, just because it’s rusty doesn’t mean he can’t move in it

If we use GV, I’m thinking Prevasion can be on and turned off if it gets really unfair, since he doesn’t have one hit BS

Last edited:
I assume the mid godly thing is restricted? Cuz I don’t think anyone in the tourney can get passed that really.
Yeah, it should be specified for blade to have mid godly if characters have ability stated as "likely" or "possibly". On this case you can say Blade automatically wouldn't have that ability.

Back