• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament Round 3, Match 1 Akame vs Blade

Okay so, before I continue. Please read this essay I’m about to give and don’t just skip over, write a sentence, and have people just FRA that, honestly I’ve had enough of that in VS Debates so PLEASE

Now, while this fight seems obvious at a first glance- after some thought about it, I’m still gonna give a hard fight since I gonna represent my verse y’know- because it’s not as easy for Akame as I initially thought so, here I go: The elephant in the room is Akame’s Poison. I’m going to be frank, if Blade gets directly hit by the sword’s curse, it’s kinda game over. The issue is that, well, Blade is covered head to toe with armor, something that makes the poison ineffective. You can argue that some parts are “softer” than others and Akame can target that, fair point. However, the ”soft” part of her armor isn’t completely vulnerable or something.

Azure Striker Gunvolt takes place in the future, armors are completely different, and Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX, where Blade is from, is over a hundred years more futuristic than that. We’re going to take a look at Copen in GV2, and his armor- you would see that his armor too has ”soft” parts that are more vulnerable that the rest. While I won’t deny that is probably the case, it is still heavily fortified. Keep in mind that Copen is a normal human in GV2, far weaker without his gear. Logically, his armor doesn’t exactly protect him from a majority of attacks due to these “soft parts” otherwise he’d be losing an arm in one shot. But we clearly see this isn’t true, and the armor still functions well no matter how often Copen is hit, when a blow should have logically hit those “soft parts” at some point. Not only that, he’s fighting adepts that have easy ways around traditional armor such as lightning and liquid type attacks that should annihilate him instantly, but he doesn't die. Add another hundred years to that kind of technology, and Blade has some pretty fortified armor.

From here forth, we’re going to ignore what I said above, and pretend that Akame can still one shot by hitting those “soft” parts.

We need to take a look at the armor’s design as well. Just from the ”hard” parts alone, it covers the knee and below, the entirety of the forearms, and the head. Those are the most vulnerable areas for a swordfight. In addition, we also should take the cloak into account. One can argue that Akame can cut through that, and since the poison is a curse, a cloth can‘t exactly provide the minor protection needed to defend it. However, it still masks the “soft” parts of Blade’s armor, making it hard to hit. In fact, throughout the game, it is incredibly difficult to spot anything beyond her forearms and shins, we only see it in artwork. This is on top of Blade’s stance, which is very effective at, well, defense- it’s going to be hard to spot an opening and actually hit it.

If Akame relies on raw AP, Blade is quite the beast. Even when holding back she’s stronger than all of the Falcons, the most elite of Adepts which should be on par with the Eden’s Seven which the 3.1 Megatons come from (and their most casual attack), Copen obviously beats them with not too much trouble, and then Blade comes in and stomps Copen with a single casual projectile, so honestly Blade can beat Akame as fast as Akame can beat her- since her upscaling is just that good.

But then, there’s another problem. Range. Blade’s lightning gives her the AoE and Range advantage to keep enemies out. Her sword can transform into a sword whip and attack a wide area with it- all in all gives a pretty large range advantage that Akame will have to deal with the entire fight, and can retract back into the sword form pretty fast, making for a unique style unlike other sword users. I understand that the gameplay makes it look kinda slow, but that’s, well…. Gameplay, to make it easier for the player to dodge. Don’t forget about lightning projectiles too, Akame is gonna have to deal with the range all the time and Blade is going to keep her out at all times. Should Akame even get in though, projectiles essentially control and manipulate the opponent’s actions to come at the way you want them to go, such as, say, an aerial approach. Blade’s Bendix Coil is a tailor made anti-aerial attack- so there goes a lot of the cool anime sword fight moves right there. And if Akame can get through all of that, Blade still has Sovereign Crashbolt which is by design supposed to counter Copen’s Bullit Dash, capable of moving at really high speeds from many aerial or ground angles. If Akame tries to touch Blade during that, she’s gonna get hurt instead. And since they’re going to be clashing swords most of the time Akame actually does get in, every time she collides with Blade’s sword, she’s going to get shocked with electricity conducting through the metal of her sword, which she does in character. Akame has a history with electricity too, having gotten paralyzed from Budo’s electricity, so the same can happen here and that’ll lead to free hits from Blade.

Okay, but what if we remove the lightning factor entirely and just completely restrict her to just swordfighting even without the whip?

In terms of skill, well, Akame is very skilled and I don’t doubt it. With her strategy of hitting the same spot of armor over and over, even though I firmly believe in my armor argument protecting Blade… it won’t forever. In addition she always strikes the vitals, meaning she’s always gonna go for the “soft spots” of Blade’s armor. However, both methods, especially with the former strategy, this is going to make Akame very predictable, trying to hit the same spot over and over- so I don’t think it is something she would try to do unless she deduces its the only option she has. At the same time, Blade isn’t a slouch either. She beat Copen thrice, who’s been around for a 114+ years continously, so that’s some serious skill to fight such an experienced warrior- and she’s basically a super soldier with the sole purpose of killing foes and nothing else, fast and efficiently. She did this while in her normal state and while being in Berserk Trigger, the one that goes “AAAAH RAWWWWR”, able to perform all of the same moves with the same skill. Blade can easily deflect Copen’s machine gun like photon laser fire, and is comparable to Sumeragi Samurai/Ninja that can deflect similar physical fire. For sure, Blade can block a lot of Akame’s attacks. For now, I put their skills at an equal level- they do the cool anime sword fight skills, so they’re bound to clash swords all the time before Akame actually hits (which would electrically shock Akame).

Even if she gets the poison hit on Blade, the poison takes seconds to kill. Seconds is a very long time for Massively Hypersonic+ characters, Blade can still kill her before she dies herself, especially with her massive stamina compared to Akame.

Blade has Range to prevent Akame from closing in, Heavy Upscaling AP to even out the poison one shot with her own, a massively huge Stamina advantage, and Armor/Cloak that can safeguard against the poison as well as a defensive style/guard to better deflect attacks away along with an electric sword to win every sword clash- backed with enough skill to keep up. Akame’s blade may be dangerous- but that’s all she has, Blade has the advantage in practically every other category- and ironically, is more than just a dangerous sword. It’s basically One Shot Sword vs Electric (Whip) Sword + Super powers. Swords are supposed to one shot people anyways, so that electrical conductivity edge just… well, helps massively on its own.

Blade Mid-High Diff

Last edited:
TL;DR

Blade is really good at fighting, upscales heavily from 3.1 megatons, wears armor to help protect from the curse (Even the softer bits likely providing considerable protection), has projectiles, a great get off me tool and a teleport via lightning strike that's basically free.

Well joke aside if Akame won, she got washed by the Riders as her major advantage (poison that can killed you in instant) got resisted hard by Kuuga and Kenzaki-Blade

Also it seems that both Riders next matches would be an another wash in their favors

Whoa whoa now i think you are forgetting soemthing here:

first of all Akame is the most skilled here with Master swordwoman vs Blade expert swordwoman

she already fought an opponent that use lightinings so she could possibly predict some of her moves

when Akame fought Izou a master swordman she predicted his next moves and easily killed him
(I think Akame could have analytical prediciton, Since the profiles are still in working to find the powers missing)
the lifting strengh akame is at least 50 or plus while BLADE just average human and the others are just with berserk trigger that she can't use, so Akame is physically higher than her
and most importantly akame Poison will definetly work on her, Blade is not a robot, nor a cyborg she is human, so the poison will work on her, just because has an armor doesn't mean she will just hit till the armor will broke , infact she would probably go for the face the less armored of the body and cut her

so yeah i vote Akame

also what would stop Akame from just confusing Blade with the afterimage creation, and when Blade think she will get her, Akame will throw some sands at her, like as smokescreen of sand and using that moment of distraction to cut her?

Okay fair enough, Akame could be more skillful, but that’s like, it.

I already addressed like, all of your points already my G, including the “opening” parts. Lifting Strength doesn’t matter when you’re getting shocked and paralyzed every sword clash, and Blade’s armor is practically head to toe.

As for your smokescreen stuff- what stops Blade from throwing around her lightning like fukin everywhere before Akame gets close in the first place also I’m in bloody class

Okay fair enough, Akame could be more skillful, but that’s like, it.

I already addressed like, all of your points already my G, including the “opening” parts. Lifting Strength doesn’t matter when you’re getting shocked and paralyzed every sword clash, and Blade’s armor is practically head to toe.

As for your smokescreen stuff- what stops Blade from throwing around her lightning like fukin everywhere before Akame gets close in the first place also I’m in bloody class
Akame already fought someone who could use lighning, she know that is risky to approach her without a plan, she will be more sneaky and will dodge the lighning attacks

edit: tomorrow i will bring more arguments/ akg supporters, now i'm tired

also what would stop Akame from just confusing Blade with the afterimage creation, and when Blade think she will get her, Akame will throw some sands at her, like as smokescreen of sand and using that moment of distraction to cut her?
Blade's mask seems to not have eye holes, meaning she is immune to pocket sand. As for a smokescreen, Blade can just teleport away.

Blade's mask seems to not have eye holes, meaning she is immune to pocket sand. As for a smokescreen, Blade can just teleport away.
i mean the low part of the mask the part not covered for akame to scratch, but again just a distraction of seconds that akame need to scratch her,
as for the teleport in the akg verse there is a teigu wich can grant teleportation, i think akame will predict the position she will be teleport

i mean the low part of the mask the part not covered for akame to scratch, but again just a distraction of seconds that akame need to scratch her,
as for the teleport in the akg verse there is a teigu wich can grant teleportation, i think akame will predict the position she will be teleport
That severely limits her angle of attack sir- no matter how skilled you are, if there’s no place to hit but the weak point, your attack is still gonna be hard to hit when they just need to put their own sword in the way. Dealing with lightning attacks while trying to approach with a plan is while aiming for that one part is gonna be hard to do at the same time

She teleports to engage in battle anyways, in the heat of close range combat she probably won’t bother. Even if she does get close, as per my essay above, Crashbolt basically nullifies any melee approach.

And then she'll get hit by lightning because Blade teleports via lightning.

Dealing with lightning attacks while trying to approach with a plan is while aiming for that one part is gonna be hard to do at the same time
Nope
Akame can dodge and did dodge multiple lightning point blank while fighting budo, so this is not really relevant.

Anyway Akame, far being more skilled and higher LS as it is a weird fight and also the fact that any little cut is a one shot

So did Tatsumi, does not mean as what akame targets naturally is actually joints and the likes.
OK, but Blade can fight from a distance and gain that distance back with teleportation. And Blade isn't just gonna let herself get hit. And since the scenario says they saw each other fight, Blade would know about the curse and not to get hit.

OK, but Blade can fight from a distance and gain that distance back with teleportation. And Blade isn't just gonna let herself get hit. And since the scenario says they saw each other fight, Blade would know about the curse and not to get hit.
and so did Akame so she know that she fight with the lightnings and the sword
and as i said before akame predicted the moves of a swordman much more skilled than Blade, so she will have no problem predicting her moves, since she saw her fight

OK, but Blade has a massive power advantage, and her projectiles+teleportation give her near full control of the battlefield.

I feel like most of us agree that Akame, feat wise, is more skilled.
I feel like once again my essay is being ignored as it already addressed a lot of the points here

So did Tatsumi, does not mean as what akame targets naturally is actually joints and the likes.
Already addressed in the essay above sir. There are "softer" parts of Blade's armor, sure, but it's probably quite heavily fortified- Copen with 100 year older armor had those same "soft parts" against enemies that literally control water and crap that would get through those gaps and he didn't get insta-killed despite being a normal human

Nope
Akame can dodge and did dodge multiple lightning point blank while fighting budo, so this is not really relevant.

Anyway Akame, far being more skilled and higher LS as it is a weird fight and also the fact that any little cut is a one shot
Understandable. Ranged attacks are still a factor regardless of whether she can deal of them or not- still should be considered, especially with that unique sword. But I get your vibe.

Understand the skill part, but LS- again, doesn't matter if they're clashing swords, she'll get shocked and paralyzed a bit before she can even apply the LS. The little cut thing- as stated in the essay above is already covered my g.

Again, Crashbolt is kinda Anti-Melee guys

Please guys I am begging you to read the thing I posted- all of the points you're mentioning have already been covered- I don't wanna be unga boonga'd by sheer numbers that use points I've already countered because my verse is unpopular anymore. :cry:

Last edited:
OK, but Blade has a massive power advantage, and her projectiles+teleportation give her near full control of the battlefield.
It doesn't matter if akame can react to all.of them
And projectile are no issue, as a game can reflect them precisely to hit her targets back

And projectile are no issue, as a game can reflect them precisely to hit her targets back
and since she already saw her fight she know she has the teleport so she would know where she teleport, since this is not the first time she hear about teleportation

So projectiles don’t matter because you believe that Akame can dodge them all right? Well, at least it’s an opinion I can respect since it’s something not covered by my thing. In my opinion, just because you have experience against projectiles doesn’t exactly mean you are utterly immune or smth, but I get what you’re trying to say, it’ll not be as hard as a factor as projected.

Not sure about reflecting them back though, they’re more of ground based projectiles so they won’t really go back to their owners in the traditional fashion, if you take a look at them in the gifs provided in the profile, they aren’t something you can… reflect? Plus, it’d be safe to assume that Blade can just react and dodge her own projectile (the only one being like….crashbolt I guess) better than Akame could since she knows exactly how it works while Akame just saw it from time to time, not being the actually user.

and since she already saw her fight she know she has the teleport so she would know where she teleport, since this is not the first time she hear about teleportation
I don’t think that’s how it works, just because you see someone have the ability to teleport doesn’t mean you auto know exactly where they go. Just because you know something doesn’t mean you can automatically deal with it. I can tell where and when someone is gonna slam a table tennis ball in a match, but I won’t know every little detail. Even IF she knew where to go, it’s still a great option for Blade to get out of the way from an attack that she knows will certainly kill her, especially with a hit box to boot (and that’s Akame’s main and only thing). It at least isn’t a point I covered in the essay though so props.

Here is a compiled list of your points that HAVEN’T been covered already by the first message
  • Akame is skilled enough to try and target Blade’s only opening, the mouth
    • Fair enough, but no matter how skilled you are, if you only have THAT little space to target, it’s going to make it a lot easier for your opponent to defend themselves.
  • Skilled with projectile dodging and electricity users, making them less of a factor than originally intended
    • Also a fair point, however, no matter how skilled you are at dodging projectiles, it doesn’t mean their existence is negated, especially when most of them are non-traditional as they don’t fly through the air like a fireball. Attacking while dodging projectiles will prove to be some kind of obstacle that will limit Akame’s approach, when she’s already trying to hit that small opening
  • Can possibly track where Blade will teleport
    • Still, the teleport can go quite far, Blade is almost never even in the same scene as the player before she teleports in to battle, so the distance is actually quite important into giving Blade more space to work with if she feels getting close to Akame is dangerous
  • Much higher Lifting Strength than Blade
    • Issue with Lifting Strength is that, yeah- you’re stronger. But try plugging in a hair drying, turning it on, dropping it in a bathtub, and then lifting the hair dryer from the electrified water. Yes you are strong enough to lift it, way more than strong enough, but you’re gonna just get shocked and paralyzed first, unable to move and kinda just… sit there getting electrocuted for awhile- you can’t just power through and lift up the hair dryer anyways. Even if Akame knocks Blade’s sword away or breaks it… Blade’s whole thing is having limitless disposable swords, she’ll just spawn a new one

Still, this stuff isn’t tackling all of my other real points. What’s Akame’s answer to Crashbolt, which is anti-melee, especially when Projectiles and Whip Sword already manipulate her foe’s line of attack, even if then don’t hit directly? And what can she do against Blade’s conductive swords- as her lifting strength won’t be useful since she‘s get paralyzed by a sword clash first before she can push Blade‘s sword away- in addition to aiming only for that small opening in the mouth you think is her win condition (which would again, manipulate where she attacks from any angle into a small point that even a much less skilled person could have an easier time defending)?

Last edited:
I don't think Akame would aim exclusively for the mouth area. She is smart and skilled enough to wait for when she actually has a good chance and otherwise also try to deal normal damage. Blade also doesn't know that she can't get scratched.

If we are talking conductivity through the sword, does it matter whether or not the handle of Murasame is conductive? Because I'm not sure whether or not it is. Akame also wears gloves.

Akame going for normal hits seems like the smarter idea yeah. They were arguing that’s “she’d just go for that opening lol”, so I had to make a case against that. If she plays it normally though, the fight will last longer, and Blade will have a higher chance of victory through stamina or just electric sword + projectiles that control angles of attack

Blade doesn’t know she can’t get scratched as in… no prior knowledge? Then if that‘s the case the arguments for Akame using prior knowledge to dodge projectiles and counter teleportation are kinda mute then right?

I see, you’re saying that insulation may prevent the electrocution, understandable. The issue comes from- well, everything is conductible through electricity, an insulator is simply a material less conductive than most, say, a piece of metal. Electricity takes the path of least resistance, which is why they rather take a wire pathway than a rubber one. It’s not really “Anti-Conductive”, but rather “Less Conductive”. Much like how Cold is not “Anti-Heat”, but rather “Less Heat”

Blade is an Azure Striker, the person she got it from, GV is extremely powerful at controlling where he wants his electricity to go and her ”mentor” used the same Septima to control every piece of technology in the world to annihilate humans from the face of the earth. She can control where she wants the electricity to go at least through a sword, and I don’t think some rubber gloves and a handle are gonna match up to control over the entire planet’s tech. It’ll likely just conduct through with enough effort tbh. Since Akame has a history with electricity and getting stunned/paralyzed by it, it’s safe to assume it’d happen here too for a free hit.

Last edited:
Or should we assume prior knowledge due to the plot? Now that you mention it, I'm not quite sure whether it's just flavour text or not.

I mean, if she wills it to hit through the insulation then it's not automatically on contact at least, but needs thought put into it. She might as well just have it shooting through the air at that point.

Or should we assume prior knowledge due to the plot? Now that you mention it, I'm not quite sure whether it's just flavour text or not.
Plot here is basically for sake of plot (and mine's fun). If it was relevant for debate some fights could change (for instance, then I had more arguments on Quote's side on previous debate).

I'll probably make the note in next threads then.

I was assuming prior knowledge because that was the main source of the Akame side

As for insulation, I suppose you’re… right about that, but she typically electrifies her sword before attacking as shown with Conductive Interregnum, it’s still a point that can be made. However, I’d like to take a look back at Copen again. This guy had 100 years to come up with a plan against Azure Strikers (he fought one before then), and his armor is mentioned to be resistant to effects from Septimal powers (GV2), but this armor is 100 years more advanced than that. You would assume he would have had a LOT more insulation than some gloves at this point, yet Blade is affecting his suit’s functions just fine despite that.

I don’t think the armor point and how the work in the future is particularly relevant. Not only is it fiction so how much stronger or better Armors are really matter. Akame already fought Wave, who was physically strong enough to one shot her, who wore a full body armor and she still would have killed him had the not been interrupted.

Another point I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned is Akame is very prone at baiting people who don’t know her sword. Sure it doesn’t take a genius to know not to be hit, but what if you’re in a position where you can land a very strong blow and only be dealt a light scratch? Would Blade really be willing to pass up an opportunity like that?

Back