• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip) VS Blade (Azure Striker Gunvolt)

• Fight Location: Thriller Bark Island
  • Starting Distance: 20m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Thriller Bark Arc Zoro | Berserk Trigger are restricted
Zoro:
Blade:
Inconclusive: 8 (@Smashtwig, @Popted2, @Peppersalt43, @LinkSlayerLvX, @SinsofMan, @Nierre, @Mariogoods, @Acer__)

bcf02763b90005f42a7af68d340f7436.jpg
ddlfhsv-41f0d066-c0dd-47b5-8dff-b47be8c7da47.png

Last edited:
From what I understand Haki is big op and Zoro also has one shot dura neg or something, does he have Observation Haki too? The one that Precogs the entire fight?

If so stomp lmao, the one shot dura neg is prob enough to stomp on its own tbh

AP for reference
Zoro: 1.7 with an Amp, otherwise Baseline
Blade: Upscales heavily from 3.1

Edit, okay, I guess he doesn't have either of those. But that's a lot of abilities he has over there that I'm not willing to read, what's the things that Blade needs to watch out for specifically (aside from his hyper Accel Development, which could also just stomp too lmao)

Balls. Screw it, I'll try to support Blade as much as I can.

First off, Zoro has the technique department down pat. I'm sure they'll clash swords, but if we're talking about swords only and no powers, Blade doesn't stand a chance. She uses one sword at a time, despite carrying multiple, compared to Zoro with three (9 with his ultis) at one time, but no back ups. However, there seems to be a premotion for a lot of his techniques. While I don't think this saves her, Blade is intelligent enough to see these and be able to block at least one of the three sword strikes, as she's capable of fighting someone who's been around constantly fighting people with all sorts of powers for over a century.

However, this is where powers come in. First off, in a sword clash (they're anime characters, so they'll do this, and Blade would be able to block at least one of three strikes), Blade not only has more AP by a long shot at first, but her lightning allows her to just... conduct electricity through Zoro's blade, because electricity surprisingly conducts. This would immediately just zap Zoro and deal some decent damage while Zoro isn't doing much to Blade.

This basically means that Zoro is ironically at a disadvantage in close quarters despite having a huge amount skill backing him up. This is not even accounting for Blade's Crashbolt, which basically just makes attacking her at that moment a bad idea. Since Zoro is primarily a melee fighter, Blade's Crashbolt will likely catch him slipping and deal a lot of hurt with the AP Advantange (seriously, you have no idea how easily you can run into that attack given how sudden and spammable it is).

All of that discourages close range combat, which would prompt Zoro... who's smart to back off and fire blade beams. These, are definitely something Blade can deal with to block. She has the accuracy to deflect all of Copen's photon blasts, and we know how small photons are, so she can definitely do the same here, especially with the much higher AP. She also has a whip sword, ground terrain crawler attacks, lightning strikes from above, and blade beams of her own that let her dominate the range game too. And if you aren't convinced that Zoro loses in ranged, she can just teleport back into close quarters range again.

However, I need to know how fast acting is Zoro's Reactive Power Level / Accelerated Development in order to know how fast she needs to do this. Crashbolt can save her a lot when dealing with Zoro's skill, forcing him to back off, but Zoro's skill is about all he has.

As for Fear Manip, Blade is Mind Controlled in lore if this is in character, so she'd not be too rattled to the point where her fighting would be screwed over, unless you wanna specify that this is after the events of in the game. And while he has Analytical Prediction, I doubt it'll save him every time, since Blade technically has control of the situation with Crashbolt and having dominance in ranged combat, she decides how the flow of the fight goes- Zoro has to play around her abilities (sword clashing being bad, and Crashbolt being sudden AF) while she can just do whatever she really likes in the fight, and just be aware of Zoro's skill

- but theoretically Analytical Prediction can stall enough to activate his RPL, which makes him equal to Blade. While Blade still has control of the situation with her electricity abilities, you can also argue that Analytical+RPL can push Zoro above Blade...

So Incon, leaning Blade since she "technically" has more control over the situation and Zoro needs to deal with her, and she doesn't really need to deal with Zoro, if u know what i mean

Last edited:
From what I understand Haki is big op and Zoro also has one shot dura neg or something, does he have Observation Haki too? The one that Precogs the entire fight?

If so stomp lmao, the one shot dura neg is prob enough to stomp on its own tbh
Zoro doesn't have Haki pre-timeskip. He likely received some hints for observation and armament but he was never a confirmed user until post timeskip.

Also your entire post didn't even consider Haki so I don't think it matters but this is something that needed to be said. At best, Zoro could maybe awaken it if whoever he is fighting puts him to near death, but it is unlikely and a newish mechanic to Haki.

Back